• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New reenactment group Vancouver Rifle Regiment

Dimsum said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm eye-ing up those Mk IIIs. 
I'm beginning to wonder how much I could get for the three pairs I've got kicking around the house... >:D

RocketRichard said:
This brings back memories of Cornwallis, Wainwright, Lahr etc. Bloody hell.
Colin P said:
Well done, it brings back memories  [:D

At the rate things are going we might have to stand your unit up to flesh out 39th Brigade abilty to respond.  [:p

Thanks RocketRichard and Colin P, feedback like thats lets us know that we're doing things correctly.  :)

Loachman said:
I am curious about the FNs, although they are non-Canadian (full body covers and standard rear sights).

Loachman, The Brit Style FN is a Deac loaned to us on that day from the Canadian Military Education Center (CMEC) and the Canadian style one is an Airsoft marker that was been modified to look like a Canadian C1A1.

daftandbarmy said:
It's not authentic unless you've got a giant, yellow, melmac plate jammed in your butt ...pack...

daftandbarmy, We have the Melmac and KFS right here.

cavalryman said:
I'm beginning to wonder how much I could get for the three pairs I've got kicking around the house...
Well, your profile indicates you spent most of your military life as a black-hatter..... so there's probably not much wear & tear on them -- "death before dismounting"    >:D

:pop:

Journeyman said:
Well, your profile indicates you spent most of your military life as a black-hatter..... so there's probably not much wear & tear on them -- "death before dismounting"    >:D

:pop:
Well, yeah.  I've also got some never even worn once wet weather boots, if you're interested  [:D

cavalryman said:
I've also got some never even worn once wet weather boots, if you're interested
Good only for riding the motorcycle in the rain....since they're crap for actually walking.  :nod:

SHONIT123 said:
Thanks RocketRichard and Colin P, feedback like thats lets us know that we're doing things correctly.  :)

Loachman, The Brit Style FN is a Deac loaned to us on that day from the Canadian Military Education Center (CMEC) and the Canadian style one is an Airsoft marker that was been modified to look like a Canadian C1A1.

daftandbarmy, We have the Melmac and KFS right here.

C7 Bayonet in that photo though...

MM

medicineman said:
C7 Bayonet in that photo though...
Medicineman, photo was taken while back for a different purpose just reused here. Bayonet has no reason to be there.

Melmac: when you really want to look like a pogue when working with armies from other nations, or seen from space.

SHONIT123 said:

And the airsoft guns are no longer available, as far as I could tell.

Let me know when you buy your Kiowa and get it airworthy.

Loachman said:
And the airsoft guns are no longer available, as far as I could tell.

Let me know when you buy your Kiowa and get it airworthy.

Will do, we have plans for an Iltis or CUCV first, I'll add that to the procurement list ;)

SHONIT123 said:
Will do, we have plans for an Iltis or CUCV first, I'll add that to the procurement list ;)

You should deploy an Airsoft 106mm on a jeep CJ 5

A high-velocity tennis ball should leave a good welt.

Our Ontario Branch - "The Ontario Guard" has released the final design for their Camp flag and Crest.

Congratulations to them!

Well, that's much closer to home. Call me when you buy a Kiowa, and you'll have a Pilot for it.

Loachman said:
Well, that's much closer to home. Call me when you buy a Kiowa, and you'll have a Pilot for it.

I'll be your passenger. I don't weigh much and I don't get airsick..... I think.  >:D

Well, an Observer would be needed...

Loachman said:

Loachman, if you can point me in the direction of Surplus Kiowa's ill see if we can get you in the air.
Until then its light or motorized infantry for us.

Attachments

• 13618237_10154055011798429_409413678_n.jpg
    13618237_10154055011798429_409413678_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 282
I'd prefer a Canadian machine, partially just because, but mainly because it would hopefully still be in the proper paint scheme and with the Canadian modifications (not a lot of difference there, really, though). I am not sure if there are any more left around, though. There was not a huge market for surplus Kiowas.

Siggies were never crew, but a CP would be nice.

I can probably scrounge up a tech or three who remember enough.

Money is the main obstacle, obviously. Maybe running the airshow circuit would fund that.

Back