• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Rucks

the burkalator

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone knows when the reserve Regt's will be gettin the new rucks...or do the regs even have them yet?

the burkalator said:
Just wonderin if anyone knows when the reserve Regt's will be gettin the new rucks...or do the regs even have them yet?

There is another thread on this - they are being field tested now - not even issued to Reg F yet.  The scheduled delivery is FY2007 and that's likely wishful thinking.  Don't hold your breath for one.

2010 is the new anticipated date.

Buy a Kifaru.

Buy a Kifaru.

I was actually looking into that, poking around their web site.  I'm not as in the know as most of you guys on after market kit though, which ruck design from Kifaru would you suggest Infanteer?

EMR - it can be tension up to the size of the MMR...

My only problem with the EMR is I tend to put the kitchen sink in too!  ;D

Infanteer said:

If that's the case, I might ditch the 82 pattern skeleton frame for my ruck and put a 64 frame on (or maybe a shelf-style ALICE frame in case I have to tote the SF Kit again soon.)

Without doing any actual research, am I correct in believing that Clothe The Soldier has missed every single target delivery date in their project?

correct me if i'm wrong but were the new rucks supposed to be in service in 2006?

civvy3840 said:
correct me if i'm wrong but were the new rucks supposed to be in service in 2006?

Most, if not all, of the original CTS timelines have been blown out of the water... yay CF/DND/PWGSC bureaucracy!

I just switched to a 64, waiting for new shoulder straps right now. However I keep drooling over Kifaru and Dropzone's websites!  ;D *my visa runs and hides*

Mike_R23A said:
Most, if not all, of the original CTS timelines have been blown out of the water...

Well said, especially when I consider that my Unit (or units of 31 CBG anyway) was supposed to get the Vest last year in September (this date stayed the same) and the Small Pack during Christmas the same year (talk about screwed out of a present.) The Ruck was supposed to be September this year (yeah right) and even other items like 40mm Pockets for the Vest and CADPAT Camelbaks were going to get issued too.

Yep, this really bites, but then again if the Vest wasn't as good as expected, what is to be said about the rest of this "high speed" kit? Ah well, could be worse... :(

Hey, at least you GOT a vest.

Gotta love being the only unit on a brigade-level ex still in webbing. 8)

Not that I'm complaining of course... :D

Gotta love being the only unit on a brigade-level ex still in webbing. Cool

It's no problem.If anyone asks, just tell them that you prefer the old webbing, "since we signallers typically issue 28 magazines per man minimum, the TV is simply not high speed enough for us, and you know, we like to train as we fight, etc.....(roll eyes condescendingly)"

Hey, it's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Redeye said:
Without doing any actual research, am I correct in believing that Clothe The Soldier has missed every single target delivery date in their project?

If I was anybody who had oversight of the project, I'd be a little concerned with the fact that soldiers, with their own hard-earned money, are doing better then they are at finding the right kit....

I remember when I did my first battleschool with the MO's, we were suppose to get cadpat after my course finished (which finished in august of 02, yeah I'm not old school at all, but anyways) I didn't get it till the end of 03, when they were stating that the entire military should have cadpat by the begining of 03.
so that'll tell you how on track they are about anything. but hey at least we're getting all this better kit to replace junk kit that should have been replaced before they even made it.
Greg

Yeoman said:
but hey at least we're getting all this better kit to replace junk kit that should have been replaced before they even made it.
hmmm, I gotta say, so far, I prefer more of the "old" kit to the "new". I also much prefer kit on my back to kit that I may receive 'someday'.

Yeoman said:
I remember when I did my first battleschool with the MO's, we were suppose to get cadpat after my course finished (which finished in august of 02, yeah I'm not old school at all, but anyways) I didn't get it till the end of 03, when they were stating that the entire military should have cadpat by the begining of 03.
so that'll tell you how on track they are about anything. but hey at least we're getting all this better kit to replace junk kit that should have been replaced before they even made it.
Greg

I first heard we were going to get it right after I did my QL3 in sept 2001. "Next month we will recieve our CADPAT uniforms" was the line. Anyways, I recieved mine in May 04... ;D

Infanteer said:
If I was anybody who had oversight of the project, I'd be a little concerned with the fact that soldiers, with their own hard-earned money, are doing better then they are at finding the right kit....
What like the Americans? I've heard they do the same thing cause they do not get issued enough gear, or gear that works.

I recently attended a presentation from the head of CTS. According to him the "new" ruck will not be fielded before 2010. Regardless when it is fielded I suggest buying your own. It is not what I or anyone else with any knowledge of current ruck design would call cutting edge. As usual the free market provides a better solution that the gov't.

There you go kids, now let me give you directions:

http://www.dropzonetactical.com/

http://www.kifaru.net/MGhome.htm

http://www.lightfighter.com/

Back