• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New West Recruiting center?

JSoff

Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello ladies, and gents.

I currently have an application in progress to become a Combat Engineer, I am scheduled for the CFAT for 6 days from now. Unfortunately I don't have valid photo ID yet, considering my license expired and didn't have the funds to get my ID, but a few days ago I managed to do some repair work to get the money to get my ID. Anyways getting a little off track here, I have been trying to get in contact with the New West Recruitment center here in British Columbia but I am getting no answer from either the records keeper or the general recruiter, I need to reschedule my CFAT until I can get photo ID considering from what I see there is no loophole so I can't use the receipt for the ID and I cannot use a previous school ID. Does anyone know if they currently are doing a training run, or if the office is closed this week? I am really excited to be getting closer to my dream of being in the Military, but unfortunately I have had a lot of set backs recently...

Thanks for any future replies.

Not sure what province your in but in Ontario if your drivers license has become invaild and you re-new you are issued a temporary piece of paper with your drivers license info on it. You then keep your old Drivers license for photo purposes only and show the temp slip with it. Once you recieve your new drivers license you can destroy your temp slip and old license.

Keep trying to contact them. phone calls, emails and go to the recruiting center. If you can't get in touch with anyone to cancel or reschedule then proceed with your CFAT as scheduled. Bring absolutely every piece of ID you have... not that it will help without photo ID but it's worth a shot. They'll probably send you home and tell you to wait for the ID to come in. However, you should be able to talk to someone simply by walking through the door. Based on what I've read on this forum recruiters are notoriously slow at returning phone calls, with good reason. Being bombarded every day with hundreds of questions they've answered dozens of times, from people at all different levels of the application process. All while trying to deal with the challenging bureaucracy of the federal govt.

Do yourself a favour and start combing through this site and forces.ca so when you do finally get a chance to speak with a recruiter you'll be precise with your questions and show that you've attempted to find the answer yourself... all qualities they're looking for too so it's a win win.

agree with the keep in contact, they can sometimes be a few days getting back to people, especially when its a high volume time (selection time and setting up appointments), sometimes its easier to go in, yes you may wait a bit, but you can get the answers you seek

When you were scheduled for the CFAT,your file manager must have sent you an email? Reply to the email its most likely your best shot, if you unable to walk in and tell them.

Emilio said:
When you were scheduled for the CFAT,your file manager must have sent you an email? Reply to the email its most likely your best shot, if you unable to walk in and tell them.

I was actually able to get into contact with the recruitment center, and the CFAT was cancelled and I am just waiting upon my BCID. Thanks for the replies :)

I found that CFRC New Westminster is the most difficult to get through to by phone or email. Understandable though when they service the majority of BC.

Back