• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OD fleece toque

I've got one they are new we now have a wool and a fleece one.

runormal said:
I'm well aware of the date of the original post. I was merely quoting the OP because of this.

The problem I have is I lost my toque on ex and I need to buy a new one. I was about buy the one off CPGear but I searched here as well found this thread and now I'm questioning if there is a better spot to buy it as they initially said that it was more of a greyish-green colour, which after reviewing the photo seems similar but it isn't a good quality photo.

Therefore, I'm asking if there is a better place to buy a toque online as I can't find one locally.

I got an idea - why don't you try Clothing Stores? I hear they have all kinds of kit there...

RMJOE said:
I've got one they are new we now have a wool and a fleece one.

Yes and no. The old knitted toque is still in the system, however it's being phased out. If you bring a knitted toque in to me and it can be repaired, my master tailor will do so. If it can't then I replace it with the new fleece.

I have both of them, although I never use the knitted one the fleece hat is amazing.

BinRat55 said:
I got an idea - why don't you try Clothing Stores? I hear they have all kinds of kit there...

Was unaware that it is now being issued through the system, thanks for the information, perhaps I can finally justify a trip to clothing stores.

The issue that I currently face is that the amount of time it would take for me to go to clothing stores via public transportation would be insanse and because I don't have a car (personal choice) it would be much ''easier to just buy one out of pocket''.

Don't quote me incase i'm wrong....but I believe that only the Army issues a fleece touque. (My PO1 asked about getting a fleece touque and was told that it only comes in green)  That being said...it's a really nice piece of kit.  Better then what you can buy at the canex.  Wore it when it was completely wet...and it dried super quick and kept me very warm.

Ice97 said:
Don't quote me incase i'm wrong....but I believe that only the Army issues a fleece touque. (My PO1 asked about getting a fleece touque and was told that it only comes in green)  That being said...it's a really nice piece of kit.  Better then what you can buy at the canex.  Wore it when it was completely wet...and it dried super quick and kept me very warm.

Not gonna quote you. We have a new thermal AF toque. To my knowledge, the Navy hasn't caught up yet! Still have the black knit on the shelf. Same rules apply to the AF - if your blue knit is toast and can't be resurrected, we will give you the new thermal. But we won't exchange it "just cuz you want the new one please..."

The problem with the toque is, of course, it looks so darned unmilitary.

Maybe we should evolve to something you can put a real cap badge on, like our allies? :)

Attachments

• winter hat.png
    winter hat.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 281
daftandbarmy said:
The problem with the toque is, of course, it looks so darned unmilitary.

Maybe we should evolve to something you can put a real cap badge on, like our allies? :)

You could always:

1.  Use your Logistik points and get one of those fur caps;
2.  Visit the local liquor store and buy a bottle of Five Star Whiskey;
3.  Remove the plastic Star and affix to front of fur cap: and
4.  You are now good to go.

>:D

George Wallace said:
You could always:

Priceless. F*ing priceless.

BinRat55 said:
Not gonna quote you. We have a new thermal AF toque. To my knowledge, the Navy hasn't caught up yet! Still have the black knit on the shelf. Same rules apply to the AF - if your blue knit is toast and can't be resurrected, we will give you the new thermal. But we won't exchange it "just cuz you want the new one please..."
Interesting. Because the canairgen17/14 stated that as of 1 Apr 15, only the LWTH was to be worn with operational dress. And it wasn't an exchange item. Everyone was to be issued with the three piece set. I think your CoC should rethink their distribution policy.

George Wallace said:
You could always:

Or visit a surplus
store and get the old Red Army hat badge.....

captloadie said:
Interesting. Because the canairgen17/14 stated that as of 1 Apr 15, only the LWTH was to be worn with operational dress. And it wasn't an exchange item. Everyone was to be issued with the three piece set. I think your CoC should rethink their distribution policy.

Uh huh. This particular CANAIRGEN was visited and revisited. The problem was (stress "was") that ADM(MAT) policy on stock-out VS consumption kinda overruled the CANAIRGEN. See, even though the order did in fact stipulate that said toque was only to be worn in 1 or 3, it was still, at the end of the day. a "Dress" policy, not supply chain. Soooo... that being said, bases like Gagetown, Petawawa, Halifax (commonality - little to no hard Air trades) had to do a little creative bargaining with particular 1CAD (along with unit COs) in order to just keep a toque on your head!

If we can't keep the toque on the shelf, but I can still have you in the old knitted one vice nothing? I never said you weren't "entitled" and the problem is very close to resolution now that the majority actually DO have the 3 piece system.

Rethinking a policy in which we implement with more kit / systems than you'll ever realize is not conducive to supply chain operations.

And that sir, is the long and short of it!

BinRat55 said:
Rethinking a policy in which we implement with more kit / systems than you'll ever realize is not conducive to supply chain operations.
Heard something similar about the direction on interim badging for NCDs - the non-supply-chain directive went out well before anything was ready on the supply side.

Back