• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

JoeDos said:
You will have to contact the recruitment center yourself, but if its the Vancouver one good luck actually getting a date scheduled right now, as apparently a new processing method has been put in place where ROTP and Aboriginal applicants have taken priority.

It's not a new "policy".  CFRC's will get direction from higher to give priority to certain applicant files, because they either applied to a program or trade that is either determined to be high priority based on staffing needs, or such as the case with ROTP and the Aborignal programs have certain hard deadlines for selection that cannot be waived.

Hatchet Man said:
It's not a new "policy".  CFRC's will get direction from higher to give priority to certain applicant files, because they either applied to a program or trade that is either determined to be high priority based on staffing needs, or such as the case with ROTP and the Aborignal programs have certain hard deadlines for selection that cannot be waived.
Ahh well that information just came from my file manager. My mistake.

JoeDos said:
You will have to contact the recruitment center yourself, but if its the Vancouver one good luck actually getting a date scheduled right now, as apparently a new processing method has been put in place where ROTP and Aboriginal applicants have taken priority.

As soon as the confirmation e-mail came I immediately contacted them to make the appointment. Waiting time: unknown. Hurry up and wait, I guess. I just hope my file stays open this time.

Don't feel bad ladies and gents. My CFRC didn't even get my file until 8 months after I applied. Patience is key in this whole process.

Hello, I have a couple questions regarding the ROTP application process.

1. I want to apply for RMC, but i'm already applying for the ROTP, do i still have to apply for RMC?
2. It says that I require a GCKey account to apply for ROTP, but I need to fill in a lot of information, including a Personal Access Code. I don't have one so i tried to apply for one online, but the site is unable process my request. I've also tried calling the Toll-free number but they didn't give me an option to apply for a Personal Access Code.

Please help! Thank you

Cgma1081 said:
Hello, I have a couple questions regarding the ROTP application process.

1. I want to apply for RMC, but i'm already applying for the ROTP, do i still have to apply for RMC?
2. It says that I require a GCKey account to apply for ROTP, but I need to fill in a lot of information, including a Personal Access Code. I don't have one so i tried to apply for one online, but the site is unable process my request. I've also tried calling the Toll-free number but they didn't give me an option to apply for a Personal Access Code.

Please help! Thank you

If you have already applied to the CF and for ROTP, then you should have received a follow-up email shortly afterwards containing instructions and also a "link" to the RMC Portal which has a Questionnaire to complete and upload, along with ALL your academic transcripts directly to RMC for assessment.

The GC Key is ONLY associated with your application to the CF and has nothing to do with your RMC requirements/uploads.  Also, the GC Key does NOT belong to the CF, it belongs to the Government of Canada and the CF merely uses it.

If possible, how would one change their occupation choices if they had sent in an online application. I would like to substitute one of my choices to become a VehicleTech. Please get back to me ASAP. Thank you

dhagz said:
If possible, how would one change their occupation choices if they had sent in an online application. I would like to substitute one of my choices to become a VehicleTech. Please get back to me ASAP. Thank you

Depending on where your application is at this time (whether or not it's been transferred to your local RC already) I believe you'll need to speak to a recruiter to make the changes.

How do you change an career choice on your online application that has been already sent ?

dhagz said:
How do you change an career choice on your online application that has been already sent ?

Simple......you just contact your local CFRC and say "I want to change my career choices".

Help! (I have contacted a few email addresses I felt were applicable to my problem, but to no response from any).

I completed my full application to Royal Military College about a month ago, and have yet to receive an email/mail/phone call in response from my local recruiting centre.

There is a source of concern regarding my transcript I submitted. The original email I received regarding completing my application said documents saying "unofficial" will not be accepted, but my counsellor at school assured I would be fine because of a process we completed at my high school. On the British Columbia Ministry of Education website, we completed a Post Secondary Institution form of which we gave our consent for the government to automatically send our transcript to institutions of our choice, with regular updates. With that, my counsellor believed that because of that process, RMC would receive my transcript.

What can I do to further contact RMC about this? Or is this not an issue? How long does it usually take to get a response from your local recruiting centre?

AlvinCho said:
Help! (I have contacted a few email addresses I felt were applicable to my problem, but to no response from any).
I completed my full application to Royal Military College about a month ago, and have yet to receive an email/mail/phone call in response from my local recruiting centre.
There is a source of concern regarding my transcript I submitted. The original email I received regarding completing my application said documents saying "unofficial" will not be accepted, but my counsellor at school assured I would be fine because of a process we completed at my high school. On the British Columbia Ministry of Education website, we completed a Post Secondary Institution form of which we gave our consent for the government to automatically send our transcript to institutions of our choice, with regular updates. With that, my counsellor believed that because of that process, RMC would receive my transcript.
What can I do to further contact RMC about this? Or is this not an issue? How long does it usually take to get a response from your local recruiting centre?

If you completed your "upload" of documents to RMC almost a month ago, you should be receiving a response shortly.  If you happened to upload "unofficial" transcripts or you forgot to upload something, then RMC notifies CF Recruiting, who in turn will contact you with further instructions.  RMC will NOT do anything with any type of paper transcript sent to them directly, so don't bother sending them anything, it's a waste of time!  Follow the instructions provided and ONLY "upload" your documents to the RMC Portal.  If you haven't done that and decided to get "creative" and start mailing things in, then your application is going no where fast.......

I understand that your counsellor was trying to help, but regretably in the case of RMC/ROTP Applicants, there not.

Good luck!

DAA said:
If you completed your "upload" of documents to RMC almost a month ago, you should be receiving a response shortly.  If you happened to upload "unofficial" transcripts or you forgot to upload something, then RMC notifies CF Recruiting, who in turn will contact you with further instructions.  RMC will NOT do anything with any type of paper transcript sent to them directly, so don't bother sending them anything, it's a waste of time!  Follow the instructions provided and ONLY "upload" your documents to the RMC Portal.  If you haven't done that and decided to get "creative" and start mailing things in, then your application is going no where fast.......

I understand that your counsellor was trying to help, but regretably in the case of RMC/ROTP Applicants, there not.

Good luck!

So just to clarify, I uploaded all documents correctly but unfortunately my transcript was an "unofficial" version. I received an email from noreply@rmc.ca confirming my ROTP-RETP application was submitted back in December. I should just wait it out, as RMC should be contacting me?

Appreciate the help.

AlvinCho said:
So just to clarify, I uploaded all documents correctly but unfortunately my transcript was an "unofficial" version. I received an email from noreply@rmc.ca confirming my ROTP-RETP application was submitted back in December. I should just wait it out, as RMC should be contacting me?

Appreciate the help.

Contact your CFRC, they should be able to provide you with a proper update.

Good luck!

Hey there,

I submitting an online application to the CF on Jan 26. Im from Winnipeg, with AVS as my first trade option. I received the initial email right after, confirming the application. I have not received a second email yet, and I have read posts from multiple people stating I should have received a second email within 48-72 hours.

I decided today would be a good day to contact my local RC here in Winnipeg. The recruiter I spoke with, mentioned he found my file but it was detained in North Bay for some reason and there was no comments on my file. After looking into it further he called me back and said he will get it going for me. He emailed the appointment clerk and also forwarded me to her voicemail and told me to book my appointments. An hour later, the appointment clerk called and explained that the recruiter was wrong in bringing my file to her and that we cannot bypass the CFVRC in North Bay. She said theres no reason to panic yet as my file was only opened on Jan 30th and she would have to send my file back to North Bay to be processed there first. Ive been asked to wait atleast two weeks to hear from them.

Basically Im just asking for a little guidance to see if everything still sounds on track or if I should be worried? As Ive said, I havent received a second email yet, nor sent any documents in.

Thanks for any insight!

I know the recruiting system might be frustrating, but it really is a long process. You need to be patient, and in the mean time go do some physical training. If you don't hear anything by the end of Feb, then call. But we have a saying in the military - "hurry up and wait". Good luck though!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0.html

READ that, then Read other topics.  Your questions have been asked and answered hundreds of thousands of times.

rflood46 said:
As Ive said, I havent received a second email yet, nor sent any documents in.

Thanks for any insight!

Are you absolutely positive that you didn't receive the second email?

DAA said:
Are you absolutely positive that you didn't receive the second email?

This happened to me as well, I applied online during November of 2013.

I was told to reapply. So I did, in the beginning of February.

Sharp said:
This happened to me as well, I applied online during November of 2013.

I was told to reapply. So I did, in the beginning of February.

Have you still not received the second email?  And did you apply for Reg or Res?

Back