• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OH GREAT, ANOTHER GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KINCANUCKS

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Well the day has come where I must bid adieu to the recruiting world as I am off to reacquaint myself with my occupation.  For the last six years I have seen all kinds of applicants and for the most part I have enjoyed interacting with everyone of them.  I have seen the truly committed ones who bust their asses to be the best possible applicants and others who think the CF and the world owes them everything and will create as many problems as possible.  The latter group is where the whiners congregate but even they couldn't dampen my spirits.  Working in recruiting is a difficult job where you are usually treated like a leper by your branch and blamed for all the personnel problems in the CF.  However, it can also very personally rewarding.  In every one of the last six years I have seen recruiting bring more and more people into the CF and in the last three or so years we have met or exceeded our targets.  I have worked with some of the most hard working and professional service people I have ever seen and I had the honour and pleasure to lead some of them.

As I have mentioned on this site before; the CF is not for everyone and just because a person meets the minimum requirements for the occupation they are applying does not in anyway guarantee them a job. Some people don't get in on the first try and might have to wait for some time for an offer, that is called competing for a job.   I have always said that if you want a job in the CF and you want to get in fairly quickly then join the combat arms not join as a RMS Clerk or an Image Tech.  Also, there are still some major problems in recruiting and many of them have been mentioned in this board, some of them many times.  Some of these include, but not limited to, not keeping the applicants informed of their progress and not being courteous or helpful to them when they inquire about their progress.  In addition, recruiting sometimes jerks people around with incorrect offers and/or equivalencies and not properly recognizing some of the skills they bring to the table  Neither are good customer service or good for the image of recruiting.  However, neither of these and any other problems are hard to fix.  For the most part recruiting staff work very hard to provide the best possible service they can but they can only do so much with limited resources, both inside and outside their CFRC/Ds,and that is where you can see some applicants waiting a long time between application and enrolment.

While I hope to be able to continue to answer some of your recruiting questions in the future, policies and procedures will inevitably change and I will no longer have the most up to date information.  I have seen some other recruiting personnel on here so perhaps they can fill the void but I strongly encourage you to use the Ask Us feature found on the recruiting website under Contact Us.  The e-mails now go to one central location which is manned by very knowledgeable and competent recruiting personnel.  Also never hesitate to visit your local CFRC/D or call the 1-800 number when you need answers or information.  While the recruiting threads on Army.ca provide good information some of it can be misleading and may not help you but actually hinder you.  So take what you read on here, especially from other applicants, with a block of salt and remember the most up-to-date information is found at your local CFRC/D.

In closing, I would like to thank some of you for the kinds words in the past and I am glad that I was able to help some of you navigate through the. sometime treacherous, recruiting world.  Good luck to all who seek the opportunity to serve their country.  Cheers.

No, we at army.ca, would like to thank YOU for your informed input into the recruiting world.
Take a bow.......and enjoy that tea. :cheers:

Thanks Kincanucks, I've read alot of your replies to the constant queries on this site, and have found alot of the information very helpful!
Good luck  ;)

Congratulations, but you can't go until you designate another Recruiter rep for Army.ca.

Good luck in the next posting.

Michael O'Leary said:
The Camelot?  The Legion?  Oh, do tell!
Camelot's gone.

>moment of silence<

kin, thanks for everything you've done for the wannabe's here. You have one last duty to perform, though. As O'Leary-san said:
Michael O'Leary said:
you can't go until you designate another Recruiter rep for Army.ca.
I second this part, too:
Good luck in the next posting.

All the best Kincanucks...great to have had your first hand information

HL

Good luck Kincanucks, and thank you for all of the help you given us applicants  :)

Maybe CFRG should have a duty Recruiter on here, since the CF forum cashed in and decided to refer traffic to army.ca.

Michael O'Leary said:
Maybe CFRG should have a duty Recruiter on here, since the CF forum cashed in and decided to refer traffic to army.ca.

I don't know if they want to assign someone here officially. It wouldn't be a bad idea but then that is why they are investing time and money into ensuring the the Ask Us feature on the website works more efficiently.

sounds like some of you are familiar with "the wilds of Gagetown"...........the Camelot, the Legion (a.k.a. the Hug 'n Slug).    Best of luck!

Ubique

:salute:

Thank you for all the help and advice you've offered me and everyone else on this forum. I don't know how many people you've helped get in, but I hope they all appreciate it. I'd buy you a round if we ever meet, even though I can't apply yet.

Good luck with your next posting! :)

Maybe recruiting could keep someone here AND staff the Ask Us thing. The more ways for potential recruits to communicate, the better

Good luck Kincanucks!

Thank you very much for your help last year with my questions. I really appreciated your...honest and to the point approach.  ;D

The CF is minus a very valuable, hard working and dedicated Recruiter!

:cheers:

Kincanucks thanks very much for your frank and quit-witted replies to any and all recruiting related questions on here. I definately relied on your advice and got a good many laughs from your responses to the folks who didn't do their homework.

Good luck in your next incarnation! Say hi from me to the guys in Gagetown from BCoy 2 Pl  bmq graduating class of 03/06!

...Grasshopper

Back