• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone else pick it up? Great game but I cannot get past the area where you have to get into the oil refinery. :S

Yea I got it for xbox 360 last week. I`m on the same level, where you gotta blow up the generator.

Its a good game, but its frustrating at times. Sometimes wish there was more Marines on a mission than one fireteam.

I admit, it's a heck of a game.

But guys, by the oil refinery, are you guys talking about the 11th and last Mission?

Ex-Dragoon said:
Anyone else pick it up? Great game but I cannot get past the area where you have to get into the oil refinery. :S

Is this a night mission?... With a chopper insert?... Your a 4 man MARSOC team?... Insertt and approach the depot and disable the generator as your sister team creates a diversion down the road?... Don't let any trucks leave with fuel?... Is that the mission?

I have to say this game disappointed me in the most extreme of ways!!

Operation Flashpoint 1 was a completely open ended game.  Huge maps.  Take any weapons/vehicles/aircraft you could.  Open ended missions which didn't have a real "pass or fail" - and it sure as hell didn't end the mission in the middle of it if you didn't go where it wanted you to!

ArmA & ArmA2 are supposed to be just like the original Operation Flashpoint.  Lots of glitches, but a huge open ended game just like the first one!  (The glitches give it character...just like the original!)

Anyone's Grunt said:
Is this a night mission?... With a chopper insert?... Your a 4 man MARSOC team?... Insertt and approach the depot and disable the generator as your sister team creates a diversion down the road?... Don't let any trucks leave with fuel?... Is that the mission?

LOL yeah I got passed that back in Nov....my sticking point in it now is getting past those two anti aircraft vehicles in the middle of the village. I get one but I always end up getting taken out. Had to put down the game for awhile as I am hung up at that area.

A little suggestion for that mission...

Move around the outskirts of town with the thermal goggles on.

Stay low, and keep in the bushes so you don't get scene.  Hit that 1st vehicle, then you have one more to deal with.

Stay on the outskirts of the town, and keep the momentum up.  Keep your fireteam on weapon's free status, and kill anybody that pops up.  (A few guys are hiding in the rocks, and a few guys come out from the buildings and start running in ur general direction.)

Staying on the outskirts on town, keep on that pathway...you'll find the 2nd vehicle further into the village, surrounded by huts on 3 of the 4 sides.  Once it gets taken out, some vehicles show up that you can use to try to take the harbour.  (Black Hawk, M1A1 and M2A2, all at your disposal.)

Or just steal the M1, which you do by standing in the right spot beside the vehicle, and then take out the AT teams with the Co-ax and the PGZ95's with the main gun

Hard game.  Very hard game.  I played about halfway through it but then lost interest.  I sold the game.

Back