• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pace of CSOR CAT 2 Pers

LCIS227

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was hoping a CAT 2 pers (pref a LCIS Tech) in CSOR could tell me a bit about they're day to day activities. I went to a recruitment breifing last night and they had a lot of information on CAT 1 positions but I don't feel like I know enough about CAT 2 in order to make an informed decision.

I want to be part of a motivated team and was hoping CSOR was the right choice for me. I do want to stay a LCIS Tech and further my knowledge in the trade, but at the same time I want to learn to be a better soldier.

Just make the leap and hope that it works out... They're looking for decisiveness! (and they probably need more techs too...)

signalsguy said:
Just make the leap and hope that it works out... They're looking for decisiveness! (and they probably need more techs too...)

And I'm sure CSOR wants troops to join based on informed decisions.

Your answer doesn't do him justice or help him in anyway.

LCIS227 said:
Hello everyone, I was hoping a CAT 2 pers (pref a LCIS Tech) in CSOR could tell me a bit about they're day to day activities. I went to a recruitment breifing last night and they had a lot of information on CAT 1 positions but I don't feel like I know enough about CAT 2 in order to make an informed decision.

I want to be part of a motivated team and was hoping CSOR was the right choice for me. I do want to stay a LCIS Tech and further my knowledge in the trade, but at the same time I want to learn to be a better soldier.

You should have asked more questions to the person who was doing the brief and they could have told you a bit more info or put you in contact with someone who could.

As such I don't think that someone in CSOR doing the job you are interested in will be posting the day to day activities, for obvious reasons.

Have you tried getting the info through your CoC? Someone must know someone there and be able to get you the info you are seeking.

Also, if you want to go to CSOR....just do it. You never know....you may enjoy it.

My $0.02 worth.

Regards

There's a "Contact Us' on the CANSOFCOM website. Might be a good place to start.

I asked the Sgt and Cpl that gave the briefing for some info regarding Cat 2 tempo and he couldn't really answer the question. The Sgt and Cpl that did the briefing just finished their 4 month training and both we're Cat 1.

Turns out my Sgt knows the Tech Sgt there, he's going to get more info for me.

For those that did try to help, thanks.

I was chatting to a couple people I know over there. They are busy, with some long days. Certian sections (Tpt, medics) are insanely busy because they are short staffed in thier shops. In general, they say they are as busy as they were at the busiest times at their old shops. But if you are ocming to CSOR, your day may start at a certian time, buts its done when the unit says its done...and that is not always at 1600.

TPT busy? Sounds like a call for

TN2IC

;D

TN2IC said:
TPT busy? Sounds like a call for
TN2IC

;D

Did I mention they are looking for competent troops, preferably with a good sense of humour?

Back