• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Raise For Fiscal Year 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESQ = Enhanced Single Quarters.  So the rumour going through the shacks is 5% ?

maybe they can decide BEFORE Christmas, nice little back pay wouldn't hurt the cause ;D

Sub_Guy said:
I hate doing this, but the latest and greatest at my place of employment pegs the raise at approx 5%...............  I guess there is divisions in ESQ this morning, and someone mentioned that it was going to be mentioned there...

Nope, wasn't mentioned at divys this morning.

Just had the Comd 3 ASG Gagetown over here yesterday who gave a briefing on upcoming events/goings on to the Unit COs. Although much (!!) was mentionned/addressed, the pay raise was not one of them.

Thus, I'd say the CANFORGEN on it still stands...no amounts yet decided (NCMs anyways) ....details hopefully in the early fall. Watch and shoot.

Although like the others only a rumour, but the chief clerk said it was going to be right around 5%. Again only a rumour, she heard it from friend in Ottawa, but I love rumours when it comes to things like pay, it is just like buying a lottery ticket haha :p

That beats the proposed overall US mil pay raise of 2.7%. But some ranks warrant officers,mid-grade and senior petty and noncommissioned officers will get a targeted raise of anywhere from 5-11%. The UK pay raise next year is supposed to be around 2.2%.

A certain RMS C1 at MARPAC told me it was 2.5 effective 01 Oct 06. She also said that they will announce the PLD review also.

Wouldn't that go agains the info already released by official sources? 

I know the % has yet tbd, but isn't the effective date already released as 1 Apr 06?

IF that's the case, I call shenanigans.  Well, maybe not shenanigans, but BS.

DF

the effective date (by ALL official sources) is Apr 06... The % rate... well that remains to be seen :)

Cronicbny said:
the effective date (by ALL official sources) is Apr 06... The % rate... well that remains to be seen :)

I heard effective Apr but will be announced 01 Oct...last night in the Mess...so it must be true ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I heard effective Apr but will be announced 01 Oct...last night in the Mess...so it must be true ;D

The effective date of the pay raise (eff retroactive to 01 Apr 06) was released in the CANFORGEN. Only the percentage amount and the date we will see it deposited into our accounts remains to be seen. Although the CANFORGEN said it was hoped to have it sorted out in the early fall.

Not that it will be a huge amount of money but... For those of us that were on Roto 1 the bulk of the time for this raise will be overseas. Now since the money we make over there is tax free is the money from this retroactive pay raise tax free? Just wondering how that would work

Now since the money we make over there is tax free is the money from this retroactive pay raise tax free?

I do not believe so.  You will be taxed at your tax rate when the money is received.

PhilB said:
Not that it will be a huge amount of money but... For those of us that were on Roto 1 the bulk of the time for this raise will be overseas. Now since the money we make over there is tax free is the money from this retroactive pay raise tax free? Just wondering how that would work
Gunner said:
I do not believe so.  You will be taxed at your tax rate when the money is received.
I believe you are in error. 
Assumptions:
Pay raise is eff 1 apr 06
Pers is deployed to a "tax exempt" area from 1 may to 31 may 06
Retro pay comes in 1 Nov 06
Assume that the person's increase amounts to 100 dollars for may 06
That person's pay for may 06 is 100% tax emempt.  Whether paid at that time, or deferred to a later date due to a pay increase.

No more rumours or conjecture. When the CANFORGEN is released, so will be the lock on this thread.

My apologies for using my "mod powers" to break the lock on this thread.  If you have something to add, plse email a mod.

von Garvin, you may be correct as I am certainly not an expert.  From what I can google:

It's a moot arguement above Capt:

The tax break will apply up to the highest level of pay earned by a non-commissioned member of the CF—currently $6089 per month—regardless of the length of the deployment and the rank. If a member earns more than this amount, tax must be paid on the difference. For example, a member earning a monthly gross income of $7089 will pay tax on $1000.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/supplement/2004/04-04_tax-exemption_e.asp

No mention in the last pay adjustment canforgen:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/Downloads/PAY_INCREASES-2005.doc

Gut feel remains that pay adjustments are not retroactively tax exempt.  If anyone remembers let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back