• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Picture frames @ BMQ (yes, enough for a merged topic)

I know at CFB Edmonton in the racks there are those internet terminals for you to access your email and 8 minutes costs like a buck or something and its slow too so it takes forever to load your email.

George Wallace said:
One of those....pay as you go terminals that you can find in the Mess, Bus Terminals, Internet Cafes, etc.....not everyone has a laptop with WiFi
you lost me too. WiFi? There are computer terminals in messes? When do recruits get time to go play on the Internet?

paracowboy said:
you lost me too. WiFi? There are computer terminals in messes? When do recruits get time to go play on the Internet?

I think WiFi is "Wireless Fidelity" and allows you to connect to the internet from pretty much anywhere at speeds up to 54Mbps. We had time on Sundays and some evenings.

atticus said:
So I'm currently getting all my stuff together to take to BMQ and there are a few odd items on the list. Some like the hairnet (though I can see some purpose behind this). I was just curious why we need a 2x7 picture frame and what picture are we sapposed to have in it?

I'm sorry guys but I really have to do this (And frankly quite surprised none of you caught on before me!)

Can you post the picture that you choose to put in your 2x7 frame before you pack it????

Man... your girlfriend would have to have some pretty smoking toes in order for you to cut off only 2"s of a
5x7pictures :p

Sorry hun but if you can find a 2x7 frame it would be amazing LOL.. I think you whoopsed :)

I brought the frame because it was on the list. I had no photo to put in it. Kind of embarrassing but I finally got a picture of one of my platoon mates 6 mo old baby and me holding him. His wife took the picture and gave it to me for my empty frame.

I had no idea why we had picture frame on the list. It should say : picture frame with photo of something you want to look at and dust every day! Empty frames will make you look like a big loser. :D

Don't get me wrong, sometimes being the comedian will just give the DS more ammo, like paracowboy brought out, but I found If I couldn't laugh about something, then I'd be stark crazy...laughter and humour is how I got myself through BMQ. And did I ever pump ;D

Another time, every guy in my section had the picture of the same girl up for an inspection...took the staff a couple of people before they caught on...when asked who that was, each guy answered "My Girlfriend, MCpl!"

The best is when you say something, and you can tell the staff wants to laugh, but they're fighting it...made me all warm inside

atticus said:
lol guess I'll be taking a picture of my ex-girlfriend then...
you don't have any pics of the fam? Or anything else? I wouldn't want to look at an ex everyday. Especially if she's hot.

Another reason for the frame (with pic) is for uniformity of layout. Remember, they're trying to inculcate a different mentality. Standardization, everybody is the same, teamwork, etc. Gotta burn that civvie "Me first, I have Rights, the world owes me" mentality out you.
merely lamenting the weakening of my Army. Nothing against you, personally.

I've noticed (or maybe missed) that no one spoke up about the hairnet. Well atticus I see that in your profile you are a male. The hairnets are for females so theres no little frizzies hanging off the hair buns. ;D

S.A.Blundon said:
I've noticed (or maybe missed) that no one spoke up about the hairnet. Well atticus I see that in your profile you are a male. The hairnets are for females so theres no little frizzies hanging off the hair buns. ;D

Ever have to work in a kitchen?  Ever Peel Potatoes?

Also, It's under the section that says "Female recruits will be required to bring the following additional items".... females. So i wouldnt worry about it.. I hope they dont make us peel potatos.lol

In the package I recieved it said that the 2X7 picture frame was optional. I personally am not bringing one along because I don't even have one. And I don't have a picture to put in it anyway. So anybody else not bringing one you are not alone :D. Cheers.  :salute:

:cdn:

S.A.Blundon said:
Also, It's under the section that says "Female recruits will be required to bring the following additional items".... females. So i wouldnt worry about it.. I hope they dont make us peel potatos.lol

My brother said they stopped making recruits peel potatoe's, cause the cooks were mad that people were doing their job as a punishment. lol.

Bradboy said:
   In the package I recieved it said that the 2X7 picture frame was optional. I personally am not bringing one along because I don't even have one. And I don't have a picture to put in it anyway. So anybody else not bringing one you are not alone :D. Cheers.   :salute:

You may not be bringing one, but you'll be getting one. I suggest you bring a 5x7 frame(go measure 2x7 and see if any pictures will fit in it  ;D), they will make you buy one when you get there if you don't have one.

paracowboy said:
you don't have any pics of the fam? Or anything else? I wouldn't want to look at an ex everyday. Especially if she's hot.

I was alluding to NavComs previous post about having to cut the picture up to make it fit a 2x7 frame.

S.A.Blundon said:
The hairnets are for females so theres no little frizzies hanging off the hair buns. ;D

Yeah, I noticed that afterwards.

I really wouldnt need to bring one ( a picture frame).

But i guess if i HAVE to get one, i will. I just don't know what i would do with it. I don't have a girlfriend right now (have a picture of my ex but...uggh no.) I don't really want to have a picture of my family. Maybe i will just cut a girl out of a magazine and put it in there! Would that do? lol

alexpb said:
Maybe i will just cut a girl out of a magazine and put it in there! Would that do? lol

Hell yes! I knew Maxim magazine would come in handy one day! Rachel Bilson can be my motivation factor for those dreaded "I want my mommy days." Cheers.  :salute:

y'know what? Do whatever the hell you want. Just hope your Master Corporal isn't like me.

Island Ryhno said:
You may not be bringing one, but you'll be getting one. I suggest you bring a 5x7 frame(go measure 2x7 and see if any pictures will fit in it   ;D), they will make you buy one when you get there if you don't have one.

Ahem... I alreayd pointed that one out!!! Read previous posts!! :p

Back