• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please post if you have received an offer from RMC.

yes, i did recieve an offer and I did accept.

I leave for IAP July 4, going to RMC. My occupation is CELE(Air).

Did you get an offer? or are you just curious?

I got an offer for infantry I accepted. 

Hey DVessey was CELE your first choice?

JonG said:
I got an offer for infantry I accepted. 

Hey DVessey was CELE your first choice?

No, CELE was my second choice (as was RMC). my first choice was AERE at civi U, but I'm quite happy with CELE at RMC.

I recieved my acceptance in about a month ago, Land Element Signals Officer and entrance into first year Science and Engineering at RMC.

i don't get how they do basic training for ppl going to rmc... i tried reading the overview of it on the recruiting site but couldn't make sense of it... it was complicated... i didn't understand the difference.  don't you only do part of it and then do the rest while you're at school? and what parts do you do in the summer, and what parts do you do during the school year.  and also... when in the summer is it? at the beginning or end?

You are right it is confusing but this year boot camp starts on June 27 and it goes on for 10 weeks or something like that this is called the Initial Assesment Period or IAP.   If you don't pass you go home.   After the IAP you get bussed to RMC in Kingston   to do the officer training where you learn how to not step on the grass and other cool stuff.   Anyways the main point is that boot camp starts June 27 and doesn't really end untill you do the obstacle course in October during ex-cadet weekend since you are not allowed to leave campus till then.   After that you are allowed to leave the college on special weekends.

I got an offer about five weeks ago, all that's left to do is sign the papers I think. I  have prep year at St-Jean because I'm from Quebec. They offered me, my studies at RMC + Prep, in computer enginering ( mispelled?? ) and it's in Air Element GECOMM. ( I don't know all the millitary terms, sorry).

I just have a little question, my school grades have lowered a bit, could my acceptance fail because of this :( ??

( Sorry if my english is not the best)

Edit:  Sorry haven't seen this topic was from June ""2004"""

I just have a little question, my school grades have lowered a bit, could my acceptance fail because of this :( ??

Yes your offer can be in jeopardy if your marks have dropped below the minimum acceptable. Best thing for you do is take an updated transcript to the CFRC/D right away.  Bonne chance.

Do you know the minimum? One thing that is sure my average should be higher then 80%, but it's in science that i have lowered.

gui.o said:
Do you know the minimum? One thing that is sure my average should be higher then 80%, but it's in science that i have lowered.

Minimum is 70% so you should be fine.

I was offered Armoured Officer for 5 years starting with St. Jean for something in Science/Engineering.

EME at RMC... I'm flying to Montreal on July 1st, but I thought IAP doesn't start until July 4th  ??? I guess more time to adjust to the time difference, etc.

I am thinking I saw some of you guys at the swearing in too.

Accepted my offer for RMC. Pilot and Computer Engineering as a degree...IAP on July 4th...swearing in tm in Kingston and then a lovely tour of the facility

Well I just got my Math exam grade, wich I thought I'd failed, but I got 70%, and the class average was 57%...I just can't wait to see whats coming up for me in the next month'S :p
There is something I don't understand, How come in civil at Quebec we would have to do 2 year of cegep, but for cmr its only 1 year of prep before going at University?

gui.o said:
There is something I don't understand, How come in civil at Quebec we would have to do 2 year of cegep, but for cmr its only 1 year of prep before going at University?

One more year of university, I'd say. Instead of the 5 years being 2 CEGEP - 3 University, it's 1 "CEGEP" - 4 University. You do introductory courses in your first year at RMC. It kind of sucks because there are several classes (like calculus) that I've done in CEGEP, that I have to take again at RMC. (Ok, so I sucked in them when I did them in CEGEP and it'll probably only help me to do them again, but that's beside the point.)

I recieved an offer for Infantry with engineering/science degree. I turned it down to go to University of Waterloo engineering and join the reserves.

Back