• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please post if you have received an offer from RMC.

Jimbo Jones said:
Civilian university candidates will hopefully take their IAP/BOTP next summer. 
The word "hopefully" suggests that there is a reason to believe that the offer might get revoked. Can you please clarify, as i tend to take words written at face value.

Well, in that case, there's no need for clarification. Hopefully, you will take your IAP/BOTC next summer. If that does not occur, for whatever reason,  it would be the summer after that. 

If there was a possibility of your offer being revoked - - for the sake of the minority who a) read, and b) "tend to take words written at face value" (regardless if they follow that bizarre convention of actually capitalizing the pronoun "I" ) - - then the message would more likely read "hopefully they will be allowed to carry on as Cadets in the interim." It doesn't say that.

Thus, hopefully, you will now:
a) understand the complex terminology of the offer,  ::)  and
b) understand why some people here tend to ...  :brickwall:

Thanks Journeyman.

Jimbo Jones said:
The word "hopefully" suggests that there is a reason to believe that the offer might get revoked. Can you please clarify, as i tend to take words written at face value. THX... i hope you didnt hurt head banging it against that brick wall.

You will take your IAP/BOTP before you graduate.  Okay?  It has nothing to do with the freaking offer.  The IAP/BOTPs are filled this summer so you will have to take it another time, probably next summer.  The main point I wanted to get across is that if you take your IAP/BOTP after you have started your second year, which is unlikely, and fail it then you would be financially responsible for all academic subsidization to that point because you would be released.  All ROTP candidates have up to the first day of their second year to quit/fail and not be financially responsible for all academic subsidization to that point.  Make sure you pay attention to the clerk when you sign your paperwork.

Journeyman said:
The word "hopefully" suggests that there is a reason to believe that the offer might get revoked. Can you please clarify, as i tend to take words written at face value.

Well, in that case, there's no need for clarification. Hopefully, you will take your IAP/BOTC next summer. If that does not occur, for whatever reason,  it would be the summer after that. 

If there was a possibility of your offer being revoked - - for the sake of the minority who a) read, and b) "tend to take words written at face value" (regardless if they follow that bizarre convention of actually capitalizing the pronoun "I" ) - - then the message would more likely read "hopefully they will be allowed to carry on as Cadets in the interim." It doesn't say that.

Thus, hopefully, you will now:
a) understand the complex terminology of the offer,  ::)  and
b) understand why some people here tend to ...  :brickwall:

Journey
Thank you for the wonderful grammar lesson. I didnt know that this was also a grade 3 english forum as well. I will certainly try to make sure I dont make such insulting punctuation mistakes again. Once again though, you have proven that instead of directly taking aim at answering a question, you chose to, so wisely, be a dick instead. "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

Hey.......I did answer your question. I just chose to get some entertainment value out of it. You did understand the answer, right?1

---------------------------
1 In continuing the grammar education, that's known as a "rhetorical question." You really don't need to answer. Oh, and if your feelings have been hurt thus far, you're going to LOVE your recruit training; HOPEFULLY you'll make it that far.   ;)

Not as much as those who will be giving him his recruit training........ >:D

"If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world then if that was the rule for everyone?

kincanucks said:
Thanks Journeyman.

You will take your IAP/BOTP before you graduate.  Okay?  It has nothing to do with the freaking offer.  The IAP/BOTPs are filled this summer so you will have to take it another time, probably next summer.  The main point I wanted to get across is that if you take your IAP/BOTP after you have started your second year, which is unlikely, and fail it then you would be financially responsible for all academic subsidization to that point because you would be released.  All ROTP candidates have up to the first day of their second year to quit/fail and not be financially responsible for all academic subsidization to that point.  Make sure you pay attention to the clerk when you sign your paperwork.

Not to contradict you but I've seen many ppl kicked out after 1st day of 2nd year and not pay a dime.  Different thing for VR though...

Max

Jimbo Jones said:
This is brutal... Someone should kill this thread.

Whoa there Jimbo. I don't want to make this any more personal than it is already, but you believed this thread had sufficient utility that you came here with a question. Your question was answered.

Yes, you did draw a mocking from not one, but two arguably knowledgeable people here. Now that your feathers are ruffled, you want the thread killed. If there are other RMC applicants with questions, this thread should be closed to them, merely because you didn't like the tone of the response you received? That seems a tad self-centred and unduly sensitive for a future CF leader.

A more viable solution may be to keep the thread open to benefit others. If you are done here, then simply move on - - while you are of course welcome to contribute, there is no need to continue reading and posting if it's proving too upsetting. Others, however, may appreciate this thread's continued existence.

Well, not Canadian RMC, but yesterday I recieved an offer from ADFA (Australian Defence Force Academy) as a Seaman Officer (equivalent to Canada's MARS).

Today, my mom recieved a very interesting call from my recruiting office. They had told her that Basic was not full and that I would be going on june 24th. I have exams on that day and all that week. And I still would not have officially graduated. So what does this mean? I can't miss my exams so will I have to turn down my offer?

I'm going to call them tomorrow for sure,but in the mean time does anyone know how this could work out?

Allie

Allie said:
Today, my mom recieved a very interesting call from my recruiting office. They had told her that Basic was not full and that I would be going on june 24th. I have exams on that day and all that week. And I still would not have officially graduated. So what does this mean? I can't miss my exams so will I have to turn down my offer?

I'm going to call them tomorrow for sure,but in the mean time does anyone know how this could work out?

Allie

You call the CFRC/D and tell them that you are not available for that IAP/BOTP because you are still in school.  The only things that will happen is that you could be loaded on the 03 Jul one or you will bypass it this year.  You don't have to turn down your offer and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thank you so much. I was really worried. I especially didn't want to miss my graduation, becuase I'm kind of the validictorian. It would look really bad if I didn't show. I wouldn't have minded missing my exams though haha. Thanks again Kincanucks, I think I'm in love with you. ;D

yes i do apreciate this tread so thanks. ;)
I just recieved a letter for  appointements,  tomorow for papers and all , plus info on my enrollement day shedul and has far as I know i do will accept my RMC offer.  It is not a science program but still arts program at RMC are , in my opinionl, better than any other civi U. i have done my cegep so i do not have to do my preparation year in Richelieu (even if my first answer from the cfrc was heading that way...) i guess paper work takes time to get around. anyway i will get many anwsers on may 24 has i get to sign my papers and more info on how it will go along. In my letter it is rightin june 30 for summer camp so a month to go!!! ;D

Just recieved my offer for RMCC, Reserve entry training plan, Infantry O, Engineering, starting in september, see you folks there.

Alvin, get your CEGEP transcripts sent directly to RMC. I can try and find the fax number to get them sent over if you want. I've gone through CEGEP myself and had something around 20 transfer credits, which meant a VERY easy first year. If you don't plan on doing anything drastic (crazy) like, say, a double major, that kind of transfer credit-age could mean an incredibly easy stay at RMC. By the way, I think they'll be changing that, but if you've gotten all right grades in CEGEP French/English, check in during the winter semester so you might get your French/English course credited.

What program did you do in CEGEP, if I might ask?

well that is good news for me 8) I know my Cegep papers were going to be sent directly at rmc by the cfrc. so i hope it can help I'll ask tomorrow, on my assermetation, if it has been done correctly. the only problem is that i did not pass my french test of the minister of educations but still have graduated from cegep in all my courses. anyway i have done social science with a concentration in north American culture( politics and history mostly) and ask for strategic studies in economics, politics and military at rmc. i guess if i have credit i still can take others courses in subjects maybe not related. anyway thanks for the tip.

I accepted an offer yesterday for ROTP at RMC, and am going to be an artillery officer :bullet:. I just wish I could complete my IAP this year instead of next, but that's not really much to complain about. I hope to meet those of you that will be attending RMC in the fall.
(I'll be the cadet with his "cherry" jump wings ;))

First I received and accepted enrolment into ROTP at civi U. But a few days ago I was informed that as a secondary or tertiary pick I have been admitted to RMC as a MARS officer. ;D  I know this is 'army.ca' but we Navy brats don't have an equivalent web page, so deal with it!  :p

Back