• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please post if you have received an offer from RMC.

The selection results are out and the CFRC/Ds will be calling all applicants in the next few days so be patient.  If you don't hear anything by next Wednesday then give them a call.  For those not selected don't give up hope because not everyone accepts their offer so you never know.  Good Luck to all.

I'm In!

I didn't get RMC but they offered me civie U instead. I'm a little disappointed in myself but the more and more I think about it the more excited I get. And I got armoured too, as far as I know.

Although I'm exteremly grateful to have this opportunity, I would have really liked to have the experience of RMC. The end goal of being an officer is still the same, however, the way I get there will be very different.

I was wondering, is there still a chance I could get RMC? If not, I'm totally OK with civie U...but just out of curiosity...

Thanks so much, and good luck to the rest who have applied!

don't give up hope because not everyone accepts their offer so you never know

Kincanucks, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there more competition for Civi U?

And Allie, welcome to the corps.

Kenny out

Got my offer, Pilot - Civie U.  Pending successful completion of Aircrew Selection of course.  Special thanks to Kincanucks and everyone else for all the help and insight answering the questions I've had.

R.

Received and accepted an offer last week. Infantry Officer. Military and Strategic Studies at RMC. Head out to IAP on June 26th. Looking forward to it!  :)

Just to restate for all you new RMC cadets, if you want the RMC Cadet handbook, PM me and I'll gladly send it your way.

I just got word that my offer is on its way: civilian university MARS officer, but I'm not sure if I am going to accept.

Got my offer, civilian university Infantry Officer. I cant wait to start my career in the CF.  :salute:

Just a heads up to anyone who is selected for ROTP, whether it be RMC or Civilian University.  The IAP/BOTPs for this summer are completely full so that means some of you will not attend IAP/BOTP this summer before starting school.  For the RMC candidates you will be attending a two week indoctrination session in Fort St Jean with the Juniors so you won't embarrass yourselves when you march through the Arch.  Civilian university candidates will hopefully take their IAP/BOTP next summer.  A word of caution here and that is you still must pass the IAP/BOTP to stay in the program and if you do your IAP/BOTP after starting your second year and don't pass it you will be financially responsible for all academic subsidization to that point.  Just the same as if you wanted to quit after starting your second year.

Just wondering, how do they decide who gets Civy U or RMC? Does it have to do with marks or type of course, etc?

GGHG_Cadet said:
Just wondering, how do they decide who gets Civy U or RMC? Does it have to do with marks or type of course, etc?

Well it starts with which one you apply for and the top applicants get their first choice.  Academic results, CFAT results and interview results together determined who the top applicants are.  Those applicants whose first choice was RMC and they weren't high to get selected may be offered CIvie U.

I got told today that I was one of the lucky ones to have their IAP delayed till next summer. Does this mean that there is a possibility that my offer will be taken away completely before i even get a chance to go to IAP?

Does this mean that there is a possibility that my offer will be taken away completely before i even get a chance to go to IAP? What?  Did you read my post?
:brickwall:

This may be redundant but I want to clarify; if you get IAP pushed back until next summer, besides the 2 weeks you mentioned in a previous post, you don't do anything training-wise in the summer?

kincanucks said:
Civilian university candidates will hopefully take their IAP/BOTP next summer. 
The word "hopefully" suggests that there is a reason to believe that the offer might get revoked. Can you please clarify, as i tend to take words written at face value. THX... i hope you didnt hurt head banging it against that brick wall.

Back