• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted

Delta TP is the deployable TLAN det.. they handle the lan stuff over seas
Bravo TP is the IS tp.. full of broken people and smart guys
Alpha force =D is the TAT troop.. We go and setup with guys from delta and 3 sqn (sat comms) any new ops that show up.

but change is on the way and it might not be that setup for much longer.

Going to ! Sqn B Tp IS STores....(I'm sorry sir you said we're going for a 10 Km run tomorrow...sorry sir you're not entitled to a computer now..lol)...Just spent a year in sunny Suffield G6 ...nice place actually..good PT program there...never out of sight of the PMQ's when you run or march and ball hockey or penalty basketball too....yaaaaaaaay..and I know there's a few who know what I'm talking about  8)....But if you ever get the chance go to Suffield it's a very unique experience...I enjoyed my time there..and the MCpl they have in the G6 ohh man he's the greatest MCpl in the army - we all love him...aint t hat right Keith...lol..in all honesty take a posting to Suffield - you wont be disappointed..hell I got promoted out of it.

Holy crow JSR.  Talk about a home coming.  I am no longer at the regiment but have gone to some base functions and noticed half the people I worked with there in the 90s are back!!!  What's up with that?

Wow, it must be like a retirement community in Kingston now!  ;)

Pet shipped a whole lot of senior citizens off to the regiment this year.  ;D

Canadian Sig said:
Pet shipped a whole lot of senior citizens off to the regiment this year.  ;D

You were almost a senior citizen when you were a private and I don't see you down here, hehehe!

Having fun up in pet I see by your comments above.

When I finish up my QL3 I'm going to 2PPCLI, gonna try to change it to 1PPCLI though

I got posted to Winnipeg in the ComCen, gotta say I enjoy it so far. Static isn't all that bad, still have a chance to do some interesting taskings. Plus I love the work environment at 17 Wing.

What are these wonderful things you call outpostings? Commcentres? where is Ottawa?  Hmmmmmmm

looking at year# 9 in the field!! Huahh. 

Work harder, not Smarter.

You know your posting message. That usually comes through a Comcen first, so usually we correct messages, do alot of message traffic. It's kindof boring, you can make it interesting if you really work at it though.

LOL, I know what a commcen is....I was being sarcastic.  At this rate, I can predict the next 11 years of my career.....all in the field.  Who knows, maybe this carreer manager might recognize the hard work that all the guys in field units have put in for the last 8-10 years and reward them with something other than a posting from 1st Bn to 3rd Bn, or Shilo to Petawawa.

Do posting messages come through any commcens anymore? I just got posted out of the Commcen in Ottawa and it was months since we sent posting messages. At one time they ALL (for all the Forces) came through a specific machine, approx 15,000 a year. Then it stopped and started going through another system... DEMS-II? Only posting messages we recieved were amendements or cancellations.

Step into the 21st Century and the world of Bill Gates and all........most are starting to travel via email..... ;D

No posting message is official ti'll its been handed to you through your orderly room.  Email are typically just a friendly heads up.

D3V1L6 said:
No posting message is official ti'll its been handed to you through your orderly room.  Email are typically just a friendly heads up.

They tend to travel via email from the career shop to your unit OR these days with the member as CC...specialy when dealing with short fuse postings

Rgr,  I juts remember getting my posting msg by email, however I couldnt do anything until its was actually received and processed by the OR

D3V1L6 said:
Rgr,  I juts remember getting my posting msg by email, however I couldnt do anything until its was actually received and processed by the OR

I got my last 2 by email as well and had 2 wait for the "real" one to be in the OR and IRP before getting anything done.

I believe we deal with posting messages, but they do usually go through e-mail. Most of the time we will get retirement messages though.

Technically speaking, you should not get it until it has gone through the OR.  When I have gotten it by e-mail, it was a scanned copy and a link to the one on the common drive .  I forget the name of the system they have to store them but it is like Acrobat.

Well as solid as jellow gets, I am posted to Ottawa and Tunney's pasture this comming summer.  Don't know what to think of that but it will be my first static posting of my career (cringe).  Should have my msg by March.

Back