• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted

I got posted static right out of Kingston, I guess it's alright. I'd rather be working with computer's, or something abit more interesting. But either way I'm gonna be able to upgrade my education, and hopefully within a few years be doing university fulltime.

19 yrs old and in a static posting, are you nuts?  Get the field out while your young. 

I wil send you a e-mail on that one as it has a bunch of letters and numbers I have now clue in what they stand for, lol.  Deploy me, send me to the field, but an office??? What are they thinking?  My wife keeps telling me it will be nice having me around for a while without worrying about me going overseas at a moments notice like the last two missions.  I may be divorsed after a year at home with no field or deployment time, lol.

OK, I have an ethical question: Is it permissible to get FIGMO without any posting message, a full 523 days before a possible posting date? I mean, technically, "GMO" would not apply, as I have not yet "Got My Orders..." But man, am I feeling it anyway. The reason? well, the CM told me I am moving (out of NDHQ, YAY!) in '08... I'm hoping for a CO's job, but failing that, it looks like The Regiment...

Is counting down days a bad thing??? :)

Cheers!

It is permissible to get a "Shorttimer's" shirt for your last 28 to 31 days (depending on month).   530 odd days just don't fit on the shirt in bold enough print.  Remember that it must be accompanied by a red permanent felt marker with which to check off the days.      ;D

Radop said:
I wil send you a e-mail on that one as it has a bunch of letters and numbers I have now clue in what they stand for, lol.  Deploy me, send me to the field, but an office??? What are they thinking?  My wife keeps telling me it will be nice having me around for a while without worrying about me going overseas at a moments notice like the last two missions.  I may be divorsed after a year at home with no field or deployment time, lol.

What you fail to realize, Radop, is that you have been placed into that proverbial pasture, and it's not a Field of Green!  Over time, the green lush grass has yellowed with age,  what do they call it, ah yes, that's' right, the September Years.  Soon they big Red tractor will come by and mow it all down.  Enjoy these times.  each moment that remains, becomes more precious as each moment passes!

But don't fret Radop, you can live vicariously through others.  For instance, I'll send you an email from Kandahar every know and then! >:D

You can expect the first one in about a week or two!

Don't sweat it Radop. I will have the other half tell you all about Kandahar once she heads over in April  ;D . Oh and that damned 99er job has become permanent  :crybaby:  :mad:

JSR OP said:
But don't fret Radop, you can live vicariously through others.  For instance, I'll send you an email from Kandahar every know and then! >:D

You can expect the first one in about a week or two!

I KNOW you will and every NOW and again is fine.  Keeps me in my place but I forget why due to my advancing years and too much grazing.  Take a bat with you so you can send the rockets back to the Telliman in the sand.

By the way, ZBM2 to you.  HEHEHE should I say that in French - HèHèHè

Cndsigs

damned 99er job has become permanent  -  HEHEHE or should I say that in French as well - HèHèHè

Radop said:
By the way, ZBM2 to you. 

:) Could that be why they are giving me some Cpls and Ptes?  To keep me off the radios?  Propably a good idea!

I'm off to Trenton this afternoon.  I guess I'll soon find out!

Cheers!
:salute:

CCO just told me, another year in Kingston  :D :cheers:

Enjoy your time out to Pasture RadOp, I served a five year sentance there.

No whining about going static!!!
18 yrs in the field and no end in sight. CM just posted me back to Pet (3 RCR), and TF 3-08...damn I just got back 7weeks ago for the third time...sheesh!!

Posting central at 3 RCR. I know about 6 guys from 2 Sigs who are posted to third herd this year.

Jammer said:
No whining about going static!!!
18 yrs in the field and no end in sight. CM just posted me back to Pet (3 RCR), and TF 3-08...damn I just got back 7weeks ago for the third time...sheesh!!

Don't sweat it Jammer - Maybe they'll send you to the Leadersip school. You should try coming across the compound but make sure your beret is on. Wouldn't want to get caught in the lines without your beret.- Been in 3 different jobs in 9 months.  Send me back to Suffield  - 9D would appreciate it.

andrew:
the postition is opened up!  we only just got a screening for a dude in edm, and that doesnt mean hes actually coming here. 
come and fill my boots, theyre really not all that big.
besides the crypto account would love your TLC!!

Hell I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Besides Little Vincy can handle the secret squirrel crap. Hey if the CM asked me to go back I'd be gone..hey wait a minute - that would explain the sudden disturbance in the force Thursday.  Maybe I  am posted back..I could only wish.

i knew my stomach was upset for a reason.  maybe you really are coming back!

LOL - well woke up 9er Delta with the news that the CM needed someone to fill the position and that he figured I should go complete my tour out there....Talk about ice cold reception...thought she was gonna kill me - but she also wants me to go out there - even my sub c/s's want to go back.  oh well gues I'll jsut have to wait and see -It's still on my MPRR that I want to go out there as a preference.  Hurry up and wait I guess.

It is official, I am riding a desk now.  In Ottawa, no subs but still working on satcom.

Back