• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the medical they only ask the basic stuff, have you ever broken anything , have you had any serious diseases, are you on any medication,just stuff they need to start a basic medical history for you.

will a minor knee injury (from downhill mountainbiking) pose a risk to the application process? i mean i always get some pain after a hike, but that seems normal to me?

???

just remember, about your health, they only know what you tell them. so, in your discretion if your knee injury is not serious then save yourself the trouble. however, this is not an appropriate path and so I would not recommend you take it. someplace up north they have a bunch of monkeys on typerwriters. They exist only to create forms for you to fill out. most of these forms do not make sense and are extremely repetitive, and are all sent to the recruiting centers. so, make the choice for yourself. and, BEWARE the curse of the forms.

just another quick heads up

No caffene and no nicotine  for at least 4 hrs before the test or they will ask you to reschdule your appointment and remember to keep hydrated. Go to the little boys/girls room an hour before the test as bladder pressure turns into elevated blood pressure.

PARAMEDIC said:
Go to the little boys/girls room an hour before the test as bladder pressure turns into elevated blood pressure.

But keep enough for the urine sample...

:crybaby:

Well real bummer for me this morning.  I went in for testing to the Recruiting Centre here in Winnipeg.  And because of past use of mushroom and LCD I am on hold. 

What really bums me out is that it was so hard for me to remember all these things because I did drugs quite a long time ago and so I estimated way too high...I put down 100 for times used.  The counsellor told me that what they do is send it to Headquarters because they have to decide whether they can approve me or not.  When in the room with him I told him it was hard for me to remember but that it was probably about that amount...but now...I realize after thinking about for quite some time....that is was much lower than that like 25. 

He told me that it's not only time...but it's really more about amount of times you have used.  They worry because you might have times where you have flashbacks...(which I haven't)...and whether it is safe with your use of weapons and stuff like that.

So...I understand...but I am dissapointed..why didn't I take it more seriously and give a more accurate amount.  Everybody was waiting for me to finish filling out the form...arghh.  Well I understand but I hope there is another chance for me.

Any suggestions anyone!!

Thanks.

jcschild said:
:crybaby:

Well real bummer for me this morning.   I went in for testing to the Recruiting Centre here in Winnipeg.   And because of past use of mushroom and LCD I am on hold.  

What really bums me out is that it was so hard for me to remember all these things because I did drugs quite a long time ago and so I estimated way too high...I put down 100 for times used.   The counsellor told me that what they do is send it to Headquarters because they have to decide whether they can approve me or not.   When in the room with him I told him it was hard for me to remember but that it was probably about that amount...but now...I realize after thinking about for quite some time....that is was much lower than that like 25.  

He told me that it's not only time...but it's really more about amount of times you have used.   They worry because you might have times where you have flashbacks...(which I haven't)...and whether it is safe with your use of weapons and stuff like that.

So...I understand...but I am dissapointed..why didn't I take it more seriously and give a more accurate amount.   Everybody was waiting for me to finish filling out the form...arghh.   Well I understand but I hope there is another chance for me.

Any suggestions anyone!!

Thanks.

Well, there is really nothing much you can do about it but to wait. You can always go to your local CFRC and tell them what happened, but I don't think that its gonna change anything.

I smoked pot almost 2 years ago, and I took only 3 puffs out of it... And they are still running the background check on me, so that's gonna take a little while longer.. Is there a chance of me getting rejected because of this?

Hi,
I have a bet with someone I know that when you take the medical it has to be with someone of the opposite sex. I know this sounds dumb cause I've read the forms and it says it could be same or opposite and if it's the opposite sex you can have a spectator (like it's a sport or something). Anyways, could anyone post a link to a spot on the dnd site proving that she's wrong? if not can you post first hand information proving me right?(preferably because it may have changed in the last couple years)

jcchild:

Alrighty then...  The drug issue has been dealt with MANY times on this board...  (Not trying to be a dick, but do a search for drugs, and you'll see the threads).  Look, there isn't a member serving out there on this board that has said "drug use isn't a big deal".  You have used, and sure, it was in your past, but those decisions DO reflect on your ability to serve.  Even if (as you say) you've only done mushrooms or acid 25 times, that's a LOT.  The hallucinogenics stay in your system forever, and the CF is aware of that.  Do you really think that you'll be put in a position where your decisions could adversely affect the outcome and LIVES of any troops if there's a remote chance of you having a flashback?  You might not see the justice in it, but you know what, the decisions you make even as a teenager effect your life REGARDLESS of whether you persue a military career or not.

You have to look at it from a potential employer's point of view...  At first, even when you were given ample time to determine the actual amounts of the various narcotics you may (or may not) have taken, you stated that you had taken chemical hallucinogens over 100 times.  Your application is adversely affected by such a statement, and now you want to go back and change it?  That does not bode well for either the CF or any potential employee.  Perhaps you should wait a few years, go to school, volunteer, whatever, and re-evaluate your desire to put yourself in a position that requires such stringent background policies.  I'm not trying to deter you, but you have made some horrible decisions in your past, and you have to realize that you now have to face the consequences of those decisions.  Sorry, but sometimes life truly sucks, and you do have to deal with the hand that God dealt you.

T

P.S. No, I'm not a serving member (yet) but I believe that many of the serving members that are on this board would back my statements...  Good luck, and given your circumstances, I wish you all the best.

Yup, he's right.

As far as the military is concerned, your a habitual drug abuser.  The fact that you could write "100 times" and not be concerned about it is a give-away.  Take a few years, go to school and get some life experiences that will help to support the image that you are not a loser.

Torlyn said:
jcchild:

Alrighty then...   The drug issue has been dealt with MANY times on this board...   (Not trying to be a dick, but do a search for drugs, and you'll see the threads).   Look, there isn't a member serving out there on this board that has said "drug use isn't a big deal".   You have used, and sure, it was in your past, but those decisions DO reflect on your ability to serve.   Even if (as you say) you've only done mushrooms or acid 25 times, that's a LOT.   The hallucinogenics stay in your system forever, and the CF is aware of that.   Do you really think that you'll be put in a position where your decisions could adversely affect the outcome and LIVES of any troops if there's a remote chance of you having a flashback?   You might not see the justice in it, but you know what, the decisions you make even as a teenager effect your life REGARDLESS of whether you persue a military career or not.

You have to look at it from a potential employer's point of view...   At first, even when you were given ample time to determine the actual amounts of the various narcotics you may (or may not) have taken, you stated that you had taken chemical hallucinogens over 100 times.   Your application is adversely affected by such a statement, and now you want to go back and change it?   That does not bode well for either the CF or any potential employee.    Perhaps you should wait a few years, go to school, volunteer, whatever, and re-evaluate your desire to put yourself in a position that requires such stringent background policies.   I'm not trying to deter you, but you have made some horrible decisions in your past, and you have to realize that you now have to face the consequences of those decisions.   Sorry, but sometimes life truly sucks, and you do have to deal with the hand that God dealt you.

T

P.S. No, I'm not a serving member (yet) but I believe that many of the serving members that are on this board would back my statements...   Good luck, and given your circumstances, I wish you all the best.

Still spouting off about things you have no idea about eh torlyn??????

Hmmm, never done drugs, never been in the CF...............this makes you a real athority on the subject

badapple said:
Still spouting off about things you have no idea about eh torlyn??????

Hmmm, never done drugs, never been in the CF...............this makes you a real athority on the subject

Ah, in case you didn't notice, I was referring as well to general employment.  And, apparently, you didn't notice a serving member backing me up.  (Infanteer)  Had YOU done the search, you would see that everything I said was just a reiteration of what serving members have said on other threads.

But please, question my ability to be the "authority" (watch that spelling) on a subject when you feel it's in question.  Just make sure that YOU have the authority to question me first.  How is it you feel you have the right to question me, or imply that my post was incorrect, when you are still using drugs yourself?  ", i know when i smoke pot, that the next day there is no hangover whatsoever, but after a night out drinking with the boys, i just want to stay in bed."  Hmmm...  As far as I can tell from your history, you completed basic then dropped, because you couldn't get in to your trade because of your eye sight.  How does this make you such a vaunted authority on the CF and how it functions?

And to be PERFECTLY clear, I've never said I'm an authority on anything regarding the CF, nor did I say this in my post.  I post given the experiences that I've had, or to re-iterate what serving members have said previously on this board.  If you aren't going to read the entire post, or are unclear on something, it's probably a better idea to ask for clarification before spouting off nonsense, or questioning someone personally.

T

:salute:

In response to everyone who responded back from my last message.  I know....I know.  I have been down a long road and past mistakes always come back and bight you.  And my message was not about complaints towards the Army for doing their job.  I completely understaind their position because I have been in position of leadership myself.  My message was just more of a releasing the stress that I was feeling.  I was obviously more upset with myself.  So anyway...there is still a chance for me and I don't let past mistakes ruin my future...I just let them help me grow and learn in life.  Everyone in life will go through struggles which will affect their future and I understand the responsibility their is in the army about putting other people's lives at danger.  I was applying for a NCM position...a desk job...but regardless policies are policies.  But in fact...as opposed to what many have said on this board.  The officer which I spoke to when I called back was very understanding and really cool.  He listened to what I had to say and said it will go through the procedures that it needs too and I accepted that.  I needed to express my confusion and I found that they Army dealt with me in an extremely positive manner.

So...no to me being a LOSER.  All I have to say...is be careful how you judge and prejudice people just becuase they have done things wrong...everyone has...and it's everyone's own opinion as to what is worse than other things.  There is always a scale.  But....prejudices...will also be mistakes that come back and bite you if you are not careful.  What you struggle through in life is not important...its how you make it through that matters and that makes you a stronger person.  So of course there are circumstances for our actions and I accepted them.  There is nothing wrong with expressing our feelings sometimes when we are upset and that is all I was doing.  Also...I have been clean for the past 5 years now...so faulty memory does not make me a dead give away.  I should have taken it more seriously than I did though.  This was a first time experience for me going in this kind of direction...so now I learned.  That is all there is to it.  The army is about team work, patriotism, and courage...so we should always try to understand where others are coming from instead of judging them.  I apologize for not being what some people want me to be but I won't apologize for being myself.  I have learned a lot because of my struggles and personally it has made me a much better person.  And I think that the counsellor I spoke to at the Recruiting Centre has seen that.  In fact this is why I think I have come so far in life as I have.  It's because I have tried to learn from my mistakes...not change the fact that I made some...and doozies..I might add...but the fact that they teach me something.  To those who judge...you might come at a point in your life where you will find yourself in someone else's shoes which you judged in the past and then maybe you will understand better what it means to walk in that person's shoes.

JCSCHILD...I think I have said enough...thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

For all those 15 year old guys out there dreaming of flying Hornets. If you toke up, you immediately forfeit your dream. Is it worth it?

Common corespondance in these types of threads is "I did X, it was a mistake, but why should I have to wait to join the CF?"

Let keep the reply simple."You did X. Its against the CF policy. Suck it up."
Take responsibility for what you did, and live with the consequences.

Well that is right....there is NO choice but to live with the circumstances.  I only have one question though...does expressing dissapointment mean we don't deal with the circumstances?  This is regard to any situation in our life...not just to what you were referring too. I think that most times our dissapointments are with ourselves...so we HAVE to suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks.

JCSCHILD

Chow for now.
:salute:  still a soldier to be...some day!

Torlyn, my issue is that there are still WAYYY to many lies and misconceptions about marijuana which are coming to light both in this country and others, and that far too many CF members (many of which did smoke pot in thier life, but can't speak up about it in a pro-marijuana way) are condeming others for an action they've also taken.  And to have someone not in the CF, whose never (from what I can tell, I may be wrong) smoked pot perpetuate those lies really bothers me.

But, before the Mods jump in, I've had it explained to me that I am not to post actual truths and modern studies done on pot as this is currently against the law, thus against CF Regs so I'm not going there. 

But what happens when marijuana is legalized??  Will the CF re-evaluate the policy when it's proven that alcohol is worse than marijuana??  I'd love to see the many alcoholics that i've worked with in the past during my time in the CF go to AA because that's where many of them belong, but will not happen because alcohol isn't deemed a "poor decision" right now.

badapple said:
I'd love to see the many alcoholics that i've worked with in the past during my time in the CF go to AA because that's where many of them belong, but will not happen because alcohol isn't deemed a "poor decision" right now.

Thats not true. Alcoholism is certainly not endorsed by the CF. Ideally nobody should be drinking. IDEALLY. But so alcohol is more harmful.Big deal. We've allowed alcohol to become part of our society to the point where we cant undo it. Same with tobbacco. Same with fast food.This doesnt mean that we just start letting more drugs become part of our society. Just because they might be  "less harmful". Id like to see these people who put so much stock and effort into marijuanna point that energy somewhere constructive. The fact is people form a psych addiction to marijuanna. Thats why they will "march" for it and demand its legalization.

The CF  has a zero tolerance policy- I say F*** yeah. Keep it that way. Kid smoked pot in high school. Stops. Admits his error- sure welcome board.  Thinks he should be able to "smoke" on the weekends- come back when you grow up.

Im not crapping on you BadApple- I really do think you should be able to post studies. Id read them. 

badapple said:
Torlyn, my issue is that there are still WAYYY to many lies and misconceptions about marijuana which are coming to light both in this country and others, and that far too many CF members (many of which did smoke pot in thier life, but can't speak up about it in a pro-marijuana way) are condeming others for an action they've also taken.  And to have someone not in the CF, whose never (from what I can tell, I may be wrong) smoked pot perpetuate those lies really bothers me.

But, before the Mods jump in, I've had it explained to me that I am not to post actual truths and modern studies done on pot as this is currently against the law, thus against CF Regs so I'm not going there. 

But what happens when marijuana is legalized??  Will the CF re-evaluate the policy when it's proven that alcohol is worse than marijuana??  I'd love to see the many alcoholics that i've worked with in the past during my time in the CF go to AA because that's where many of them belong, but will not happen because alcohol isn't deemed a "poor decision" right now.

What a load of tripe.  Look, you if you've got studies, post them.  Obviously, you're full of it.  How on EARTH is it illegal to post studies on pot use?  And how do you figure you're the authority when you barely made it through BMQ before being bounced out (sorry, taking a VR)  And honestly, how could you possibly care if it's against CF regs?  You're not in the CF anymore, so it has no bearing on you.  You make it sound like you've been in the army for ages, ("during my time in the CF") when in actuality, you've only served for what, 10 weeks?  Give me a break.  If you want to have a debate about pot use, fine, post something to back your claim, or shut up.  You're not convincing anyone when you say that you've got the proof, but you're "not allowed" to post it.  That's the best part about conspiracy theories, isn't it?  No evidence supports your claim. 

So, put up or shut up.  I have yet to perpetuate ANY lies.  The only one who's done that through misinformation is you.  Perhaps if you stopped smoking pot long enough to allow your brain to clear, you might be able to post a logical, rational argument.  Which, if you do, I'd love to debate.  Otherwise, find another forum to continue your ill-concieved, incorrect and false diatribe.  Please.

As to the legalization of pot, dream on.  Canada has been debating it since the 1970's, and we aren't about to piss off our largest trading partner by legalizing it.  And, if we do, so what?  The CF does not support ANY drug/alcohol abuse, legal or otherwise.  You think they condone overuse of, say, painkillers?  Nope.  So, either post something with some proof, or "articles" (not from High Times, thank you very much, actual journal studies would be good), and we'll go from there.  If you've got nothing, then perhaps you should stop talking.  IMO, of course.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back