• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
greener said:
In my mind, and I imagine in others as well, "TRY" and "DID" is the exact same thing. I wouldn't assume everyone knows there's a difference .. if there even is.
You are really splitting hairs here. Kind of reminds me of Clinton's response to his sexual relations to Ms. Lewinsky - "Well, it depends on what your definition of "is" is."
Ridiculous.

Lets very quickly review Piccillo's situation.
He admitted to CFRC that he had used soft drugs and it was within six months.
He then admits to "experimenting" with mushrooms.
In other posts he has referenced that he has a "coloured" past and has associated with drug dealers.
He is 18 with no post secondary education and is admittedly not in the shape he wants to be in to join.

Come on.

Piccillo, this was not an affront to you or your situation. Stay focus on what you want. Admittedly you made some mistakes and now are moving forward in your life. Don't waste time discussing the semantics.

As an aside it didn't matter what the definition of   "is" was- it didn't remove the stain from that blue dress.

Piccillo:

Well, there's not much you can do now, as you've already owned up to it. Its' good to be honest, so leave it at that. With regards to re-appying, start to bug the people at CFRC every six months or so. You never know, your persistence may pay off.

You may also want to come down to the unit to speak with me about this situation. I'm in every Wed evening, from 1800 hrs onwards.

Don't know if it was covered yet - once again, too lazy to read all the posts - but I worked as the Med A in CFRC Winnipeg for six weeks to cover off for someone on sick leave.   I don't know EXACTLY which illicit drugs fall under which category, but I hope the following helps:

1. Soft Drugs:
Mod note: information removed

2. Hard Drugs:

3. Hallucinogens:

The list above is NOT exhaustive, and it's entirely possible timelines are out of whack.   Essentially, if you experimented a little in high school (pun fully noted), no big deal.   You simply express displeasure with the experience, or maturity - or whatever your reason for no longer doing it.   Don't say you stopped 'cause your dealer was thrown in jail though - that implies you'll go back as soon as you can find one.

No, the Medic is not taking your urine sample to test for drugs - blood, sugar, protien - that's all.   However, depending on how you react to providing a urine sample will change the timeline of when you get interviewed WRT drug usage.

You should be fine - be honest, stay clean.

cliffy

i work evnings, and so far i worked every wensday. i usually work from *thinks zulu time* 1700 - 0100 in the morning :p

but i will see what i can do i havnt checked the schedual for this week as it went up last night after i left :p. the RC is the place on bay street right, not the armory on james street. and if so who should i ask for? (*note* i dont like the hamilton streets, im always getting lost in all the one way traffic :S lol)

That means you get off work at around 0700 EST and with an hour fudge factor, their office should be just opening up....take a little longer at Tim Hortons and then they will be open and waiting for you.

PS  Zulu is what time it is in Grenwhich / London England.  We are six hours later.  Right?

Gw

i was useing the 24 hour clock, i thought it was called zulu, i honestly have no idea.

why would i be here if i lived in england?

The guy said he gets there about an hour AFTER i start work, and since i work till 1am in the morning, i doubt he is still there when i finish :p

Piccillo:

One thing that I have picked up from your posts is that you don't seem to have realized that the consumption of Mushrooms is a poor decision.  You also do not seem to be under the realization that consuming mushrooms is a very negative and detrimental activity that can cause severe health and mental problem.  You have said a number of times that basically the only reason that you will not do mushrooms again is that they taste bad but not because you now know that they are an illicit drug whose effects can harm you mentally and physically.  Does this mean that if the mushrooms could be made to taste good that you would try them again or have you indeed matured from your experimentation and now realize the error and danger of your ways?  I may be mistaken but if you were to tell a recruiter that the only reason that you did not consume them and will not try them again is because they taste bad then he/she may not get a good depiction that you have matured and are a fit candidate for employment by the CF.  If this is not the case then I hope that someone can correct me and I am sorry for the confusion but I seriously think that you need to re-consider the reasons why you do not do drugs and make sure that it is for the right reasons and not because they were not a pleasent tasting food.

Just to clarify this is not a degradation of Piccillo I was just trying to point out that this waiting period may be a good time for you and anyone else in the same position to grow a little and realize what they want and how badly they want it.  It can be used very effectively to grow and mature and work on improving yourself which you seem to be set on doing.  Also, I am not in the forces and nor have I even applied yet.  I would be in the same position as Piccillo if I were to apply because of a poor decision that I made a couple of years ago with the experimentation with mushrooms.  I did actually consume them and regretted it almost immediately after I had finished eating them.  But at that point there was nothing that I could change and I have to now live with that decision.  I know that it was a stupid thing to do and after that I never had any desire to ever try them again.  Now I can try and blame the people that I was doing them with as they all said that it was a fun experience and the "cool" thing to do but lets be honest here.  It was my decision to do them and it was my decision alone.  They provided advice in the matter and then I made a decision and tried mushrooms and do not blame anyone for that decision but myself.  It was a dumb thing to do and I know the consequences and the negative and detrimental aspects of the drug and never want to ever do it again.  It is not what I need in my life as I would hope to go somewhere with my life and hope to eventually get into the CF.

I am planning on applying in early January so that by the time that I graduate from UBC in April the selection boards will have hopefully have had a chance to select the candidates and will offer positions so that I can go right to BOTP after I graduate (provided that I pass all the tests and my poor judgement in the past does not destroy my chances which is a possibility) and get started on my career.  Sorry for the rant but Piccillo I would suggest that you think about what I suggested in the first couple of paragraphs and when you re-apply to the CF it may go a bit smoother if they see that you have matured and now have better judgement.

Cheers

Dave

:eek:

Dont think for a second that I would ever even THINK about do any type of drug again. I was stupid back then and made a stupid mistake. I would love to be able to blame someone else but I cannot as it was my stupid choice to do drugs. The main reason I don ever want to touch a drug again is not because it may taste bad, but because they are bad for your health. I look back on those days when I hung out with those kinds of people and realize how messed up they actually are. I no longer hang around those people, I dont associate with them in any way shape or form. That stage in my life is over and I have moved on to bigger and better things, such as the CF. Mistakes I made in the past are just that mistakes. Only thing I can do now is to live with them and try my hardest to correct any negitive effects they are now having on my life.

yes that is so true.. and sine22.. u started with saying about the "consumption" of drugs... dude.. HE DiDNT ACTUALY TAKE IT!!!!  Does that not constitute that he at least made one right choice... wether it is because of tatse or health concernes.. h didnt consume ANY drugs... that makes yme wonder wether you actually read the posts carefully... I do however understand how you would say that... I wouldnt say it that way BUT ... You are NOT at fault and nor am I accusing you of anything bad or putting you down.. I just noticed u didnt put in your first statement what he actually said as versus what you may or may not think.  Too much typing for me so i'll sign off now lol  bye

:salute: :cdn:

AspiringL.I. said:
yes that is so true.. and sine22.. u started with saying about the "consumption" of drugs... dude.. HE DiDNT ACTUALY TAKE IT!!!!

Sorry for mis-wording of my post.  I did read the post and I did read that he had not technically consumed the drug.  However, the intention of why he put in his mouth was for the consumption of the shrooms and the get high and experience what the effects of the drug is.  With that intention he showed that he had the idea that it might be a good idea to actually consume the drug.  On another note it may be looked as that even though he never swallowed the shrooms that he did "consume" them since they werre in his mouth and he would have had to chew them a bit to realize that the taste was bad.  So from that point of view he did consume the drug to a certain extent.

The main intention of the post was to make certain that he was not using the drug for the right reasons and not simply because they did not taste good, which from his latest post he seems to have and that is the important issue here.

Piccillo said:
:eek:

Dont think for a second that I would ever even THINK about do any type of drug again. I was stupid back then and made a stupid mistake. I would love to be able to blame someone else but I cannot as it was my stupid choice to do drugs. The main reason I don ever want to touch a drug again is not because it may taste bad, but because they are bad for your health. I look back on those days when I hung out with those kinds of people and realize how messed up they actually are. I no longer hang around those people, I dont associate with them in any way shape or form. That stage in my life is over and I have moved on to bigger and better things, such as the CF.

Piccillo:

Just to re-iterate I was not implying that you would do the drug again I just wanted to make sure that you were re-fraining from them for the right reasons.  From your post it sounds like you have and that is good.  I wish you all the luck when you do re-apply and am glad to see that you are making the right decisions for the right reasons.

AspiringL.I. said:
yes that is so true.. and sine22.. u started with saying about the "consumption" of drugs... dude.. HE DiDNT ACTUALY TAKE IT!!!!
Cheers

Dave

OK.. I guess you make a great point and I am sorry for jumping on you.. but like i said i was just trying to make sure... I hope you dont dislike me or anything because of this.... I appreciate you pointing these things out... please check my other posts to see if i need any more corrections :) :)  I hope That you have a good time and I will go check my other posts... bye. :salute: :cdn:

AspiringL.I. said:
... I hope you dont dislike me or anything because of this....

On the contrary I am glad the you have pointed this out so that I was able to clarify what I had posted previously.

Cheers

Dave

Piccillo, I won't bother commenting on the drugs as many already have, I can tell you realized you made a mistake and I commend you in your honesty with the interview questions.

The only advice I can give is to perhaps follow my lead. I found out my eyes weren't good enough for the infantry about 6 months ago, so I went and got laser eye surgery. So since I have to go through the doctor's appt's and the CF's waiting period, I decided to make the most out of my time and learn skills that would enhance my application. I haven't read this entire thread, so some of this or none of this may apply to you in particular:

Have you finished high school? Have you ever been interested in martial arts (I have a black belt in taekwondo myself)? I have also taken the standard 2 day first aid course with St John's ambulance and it was extremely interesting, interesting enough that I have signed up for the advanced Level III 5 week course. Not only are these courses very cool, I believe they will look very good on my application to the army. I've also decided to brush up on my french, as I took it for many years in high school, and knowledge of french in today's bilingual army can only be seen as a plus. Do you have a gym membership? Although I have long been an occasional gym visitor, with my waiting period stretching out ahead of me I have become something of a gym rat, perhaps it is something you could get into as well.

So perhaps look at this as an opportunity instead of a setback. I was quite devastated to learn that I would have to remain in Vancouver for at least an additional 12-18 months, but after awhile I got off my butt and made the best of the situation. Best of luck to you.

Sine22... i will be happy to talk more with you and get to better know you... and all others on this site!!!  good luck in your days!! :salute: :cdn:

Why did you do Much?  Dude...that shit will fuk you up for good!  But im not your mother....

Lost warrior... we need mor epeople like you who understand that  they arent the parwent.. but can still recommend stuff lol  I hope that you are as .. i dont know what u r really but i dont want to put u under judgement either.. so forget that.. jts stay u... or something like that.. LOL  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WTH ALL THEIR LIVES!!!  PM ME IF You want to talk to me!!  :salute: :cdn:

I am buying weights with my next check from work (friday) and will workout almost non-stop to get into the best fitness i can come next summer, when i intend to re-apply

as for school, unfortunatly its one of my weakest points. I dont know why either cuz i learn things amazingly fast i just never want to go to class. which is odd because at work i love going and pick up extra shifts :eek: i dont know whats wrong with me and school. but I plan to get my GED in 2 years time. I may try and get into some adult learning programs to get additional credits if i can.

after the first 2 days i realized this as more of an oppertunity then a setback actually, its only now that i am beginning to take advantage of it. my eyes are pretty crappy to and i am going infantry :eek: i wonder if ill pass the eye exam.

Dude, i know how you feel, i got rejected for asthma that i dont even think i have anymore also they were like wait a year...dont take pufferes than retry..also i am due for some sugery to correct my underbite (common thing) so there like hey we gonna make em wait a year might as well write this in the letter to " also once you have recovered from you surgery your case can be re-considered" it think like these that make me spaz.

-Med Staff RULE!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:
-Good luck

Hello everyone, my names Chris im 15 and I took weed only once when i was 13, do you think it'll affect my recruiting when i'm about 20?
I indeed don't take anything anymore and will not. Reply soon please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back