• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

riggermade

Inactive
Reaction score
I know this has likely been brought up on numerous occassions but haven't seen anything for awhile.  While I enjoy the discussion aspect of this site what annoys me is all the "experts" that have absolutely nothing in their profile to substantiate their points.  If you don't have the background or the nuts to post your experience then keep your cakehole shut.  Seems to be quite a few people who are experts but don't have the experience to back themselves up.

Filling out the profile, although recomended, is not required.

I understand your point,  however i understand that some people prefer to stay anonymous and that is fine.  Blank profiles who spew BS get found out pretty quick, just like those with BS profiles

Absolutely,

And don't forget that a lot of the members here are still serving and they may opt for a variety of reasons to keep their profiles minimal. That's their choice based upon their own personal circumstances.

An empty profile does not necessarily equal no background, experience, or lack of gonads; let's just make that point quite clear.

Oh and I'l edit to add:

All the courses, postings & whatever listed in some pers profile, does not necessarily an expert make either.

I know I am not the only one annoyed with this and you are right the BS's are quickly caught by anyone with experience... I just had to vent

riggermade said:
I know I am not the only one annoyed with this and you are right the BS's are quickly caught by anyone with experience... I just had to vent

This is good...it is what soldiers do!!  :D

Librian
I can understand that and agree with why they don't fill out completely  but there are others who are just out to lunch and obviousley have no experience to talk about...alot of those who don't fill the profile do have the experience and it can be seen in their postings

riggermade said:
alot of those who don't fill the profile do have the experience and it can be seen in their postings

...and those posts & posters are usualy disregarded accordingly  ;D

You and I being old Supply Techs can agree...not that I am saying you are old but I am getting there

riggermade said:
You and I being old Supply Techs can agree...not that I am saying you are old but I am getting there
Glad that you clarified that!!  ;D

I'm only beating you by 5 years but the retirement has been good to me

cdnaviator

you have to back your peers and who knows what can be passed on so treat your friendly supply tech well

riggermade said:
cdnaviator

you have to back your peers and who knows what can be passed on so treat your friendly supply tech well

I learned that lesson years and years ago........of course i divorced a supply tech so i am doomed !!!

Well, I for one have chopped up my profile a bit for PersOpSEC reasons.  Seems that someone can glean enough info about a person to make life a bit uncomfortable.  
On another note, Vern, have you ever considered being a sicyoligist...phsycologist...therapist??? ;D
Or can we just call you "mom"? Always trying to keep the boys from fighting?  ;D

BYT Driver said:
On another note, Vern, have you ever considered being a sicyoligist...phsycologist...therapist??? ;D
Or can we just call you "mom"? Always trying to keep the boys from fighting?  ;D

Come on, you know me. You look after all the children (ie Cubs) I left behind. Do I seem like the mothering type to you?

YIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back