• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Purchasing a Combat Hat...

Here's the thing, only DND can use the actual combat pattern (the pattern used to make the uniforms, not CADPAT). Civilian companies can use real CADPAT, however they need to get permission from DND first and it can NOT be in the form of an issued item. However, if you take something like Mountain Stalker (or one of the many lookalikes) you don't need to get permission from DND (as long as you don't copy the combat pattern).

MikeL said:
Some people consider a russian pattern(KLMK) the first digital cam, it was first issued in the late '70s an '80s

And has anyone seen what certain German Soldiers in WWII were wearing?
I'll double check with a friend of mine for more specific info, unless anyone here knows what I'm talking about.

The stuff that was basically lines forming grids of a about 1-2mm with some of the resulting squares filled in?

Splinter?
imccs7na500a.jpg

Or BGS?
imccs6na500a.jpg

I dunno if I'd call those digital. Geometric perhaps, but not digital.

Yeah and the army took the CADPAT design from the air force if you can believe that.

Snow suit, rain jacket, everything you could dream up in CADPAT.

Looked good to me whilst standing there in my olive green windpants..

BGS isn't a WW2 era camo pattern.

None of the German patterns are digital, atleast what is considered digital camo today.

Old Ranger, are you referring to the different camo uniforms the Waffen-SS wore?

MikeL said:
Old Ranger, are you referring to the different camo uniforms the Waffen-SS wore?

I think so.  I still have to get in touch with my buddy who does re-enactments.

He was saying similar to digital.

When you find out can you post a picture (or atleast what the pattern is called)?
Cheers

Is the pattern in question the '44 Dot/Peadot pattern?

http://www.1944militaria.com/44_dot_tunic5a.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/historicalreproductions/SSdottunic.JPG

Honestly not sure which one he was refering too, Still trying to get hold of him.

Back