• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Purchasing a Combat Hat...

Koenigsegg

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Canadian (wide brimmed) combat hat in Barrie, Ontario?
I do not know if any of you live here, but I have been searching for a while, and I figured (possibly wrongly) that if any one knew, it would probably be you.
My apologies if this is placed in the wrong area, I am very interested in knowing where I can get one, as I am not in the forces.  I probably will be in two to three years though, Woot.
Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Try Angie's on Dunlop, accross from Fred Grant Square.

They have the civi versions of the same manufacturer..(name escapes me at the moment)

Ben

Thank you very much, Ranger.  I will definately check that place out.
This is probably the first time on the internet, on a real forum that some one actually knows around Barrie.  I'm happy now.
That was greatly appreciated, and I am always willing to hear of more, if anyone knows of any others.

If not, i can guarantee you will find one on Ebay.  They are listed on there all the time, civi and issued.

cheers

PV

PViddy said:
If not, i can guarantee you will find one on Ebay.   They are listed on there all the time, civi and issued.

cheers

PV

Ebay has everything, one of my buddies showed up to work with a set of lieutenant general slips, and said he got them off ebay for 5$, and he said he saw a whole CADPAT uniform starting off for only 20$. Man it could be so easy for a civilian to impersinate a soldier, if they really wanted to.

There's always the Parklands USGI boonie in repro CADPAT. It's cheap and works fine if you can't get the issued item.
I've sewn cats eyes on to the back of mine.

Does anyone know any good company sites that you could get military stuff off of pretty cheap? I know of only wheelers...

There is www.armyissue.com
But I dont personally know if they are cheap.
Their in Mississauga, and from what their website shows, they may have what you want.

http://www.celsurplus.com/
I can assure you that the kit listed as 'issued'...is issued. Although most of the CADPAT combats are faded Gen1's.

cpgear.com

Has all the green shit you could dream of wanting..

Lerch said:
There's always the Parklands USGI boonie in repro CADPAT. It's cheap and works fine if you can't get the issued item.
I've sewn cats eyes on to the back of mine.

Its not USGI

USGI is the real deal issued kit. Parklands just copied the design of the US boonie. Its a knockoff.

Okay sorry, USGI pattern. It's still good if you can't get the issued piece. (although the webbing band is somewhat tight)

CADPAT stands for Canadian Distruptive Pattern. MARPAT stands for Marine Pattern.

MARine PATtern, and CAnadian Disruptive PAttern

The U.S. Marines considered adopting CADPAT for their new pattern, however the Canadian government owns the copyright for the pattern.

**edit**

darn you, you beat me to it.

yeah I was talking to one of my american buddies and he was like oh you guys have the digital camo too, as if they were the ones to start making it...

Wasn't Canada the first country to use what is now considered digital camoflouge?
I hear yes a lot, but I have read one thing that said no.
I read somewhere that in the 70s or around then at least, some country made some, I doubt that is was anything like the stuff used today.
But who cares, whether we were or not, I will still say we were  ;D

Canada was the first country to mass-produce digital camoflage (CADPAT). The US Marines followed with their own MARPAT (which Canada had no part in making). Since then many countries have made their own digital patterns.
Interestingly enough, the original CADPAT pattern was similar to German Flecktarn (dots) but with the colors that we use now. Also, the forementioned Flecktarn was the closest that any country had come to digital camoflage (without actually...ya know).

Where we have the patten on it, does that mean no one else can use it without buying the rights to make it or just companies in canada can't produce it without permission?

Some people consider a russian pattern(KLMK) the first digital cam, it was first issued in the late '70s an '80s

http://www2.ttcn.ne.jp/~camouflage/image/soviet_camo.jpg

The first country to use a real digital cam was Canada, than shortly the USMC MARPAT came out. Canada provided some information,etc on digital patterns an CADPAT to the people who devolped MARPAT, but that was it.

MacKenzie, its a copyright bascially, if you want to make something with the CADPAT pattern you must obtain permission first.

Back