• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question About Musical Instruments On A Base

abejackson

Inactive
Reaction score
I just have a one question regarding the military facilities at CF.
I'm graduating from high school soon. I'm going to join the Canadian Forces in Air Force (1st choice), Army (2nd choice).
I'm an avid piano player and a bit worried about how I'm going practice in while serving in the military.
I haven't been to any military base. I was wondering if I could get some answers here. Do military bases have music rooms with piano(s)?
Thank you.

abejackson said:
I just have a one question regarding the military facilities at CF.
I'm graduating from high school soon. I'm going to join the Canadian Forces in Air Force (1st choice), Army (2nd choice).
I'm an avid piano player and a bit worried about how I'm going practice in while serving in the military.
I haven't been to any military base. I was wondering if I could get some answers here. Do military bases have music rooms with piano(s)?
Thank you.
Most bases have music/band teams. Whether they have pianos or not, I haven't a clue.

Your "choices" are trades, not elements.

There are several messes (the 'club' for serving members and officers) that have pianos but they are not always well maintained.  They don't get tuned very often but are likely to get attention if someone is willing to play them.  I couldn't tell you off hand who has a piano or doesn't.  If you have a hard time why not see what is available in the base chapel or at local churches?

I ended up buying a digital piano.  It's not exactly the same as the real thing, but it works well and is mobile enough.

Strike said:
but they are not always well maintained. 

and usualy set on fire at parties for large international competitions IAW air force traditions.

*cough*Fincastle 2008*cough*

Back