• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about number of job positions available

cdnrn

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

After an unsuccessful search, I've decided to post my question...

If on the Canadian Forces website, under the Browse Jobs page (http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70), If any given position reads that it is currently accepting applications, does that equate too it meaning there are positions available?

Thanks!

It means that there were positions available at the time the information was posted. It does not mean that there are a lot of positions or whether or not there are already enough completed or in process applications to fill those positions.

The job postings are a snap shot, by the time you react to them, the numbers are already starting to change. All you can do is start the process and hope there are open positions at the time your application is completed and you are merit listed and waiting for an offer.

Thanks for the reply!

I was asking because, currently I am merit listed for Nursing Officer, from my RC I was told that the national selection board would meet today (Mon, July 18th). On the Forces website that I spoke of before, it reads that there are Nursing Officer positions accepting applications (current as of July 18,2011)...

I guess a follow up question could be; once a national selection board meets, how long after will it take them to relay information back to the individual RC's with applications...

anyways thanks again

Time varys my man, there is no way of telling how long it will take them to notify all the recruiting centers and then for your local center to get back to you. Im in the same boat is you an i was told just to hang tight and get use to stuff like that.

Back