• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
seoulja said:
Does anyone know how acceptance into RMC looks this year?? I already finished my proccess in early February and I'm getting really anxious to get a call(hopefully). Has anyone applied for RMC this year? I applied for Engineering and my first occupation choice was Combat Engineer. My interviewer told me that I am a strong applicant and that i would be accepted if it were up to him but that's still not very reassuring so I guess all i can do is wait now... :-\

Since the selection board is not until 20/21 April 05 and the results won't be known until 30 Apr, perhaps you should just relax a bit.  If your overall average is above 80% you have a good chance.  If it is below 80% then I hope you asked for the prep year or applied to civilian universities.  Good luck.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have about a 90% average so I'm not too worry about marks as much as my Military Potential and I actually got an email back today saying that I have a V4 so I can't get my first 4 choices which were alll combat arms so I'm pretty choked about that but I'm fine with other occupations.

This is really pushed hard around my Nova Scotia, the RMC, being the most expensive province in Canada to attend university. It's something a lot of people around here have successfully set their sights on, albeit some for the wrong reasons, and everytime a former student returns home for holidays and such, we hear nothing but good things.

How you doing Pete?

I graduated last may from RMC. All I can say to you is get ready for a cultural shock. RMC is not hard core military.

I studied in military and strategic studies and its a great choice. If you like mil history and politics you'll love it.

RMC can be a good or a bad place. It all depends what you make of it.

I graduated from there last may as well and I can say that it may or may not be as difficult as you expect.  A lot depends on your degree program, your Squadron whether or not you decide to try for varsity sports etc.  I do want to point out that if you are expecting a Malcolm in the Middle concept of schooling then you are sadly mistaken.  If/when you do go make the best of your time and it will be worth what you make of it.

kincanucks said:
If your overall average is above 80% you have a good chance.  If it is below 80% then I hope you asked for the prep year or applied to civilian universities.
Which average exactly would RMC look at? The Grade 12 highest 6 courses or all your high school courses you've taken since Grade 9?

beyondsblue said:
Which average exactly would RMC look at? The Grade 12 highest 6 courses or all your high school courses you've taken since Grade 9?

The grades 10 -12 average.

beyondsblue said:

They look at your core subjects from Grades 10-12 to calculate your Academic Potential. Core subjects include: English, most of the maths and sciences (physics, bio and chem).

Eventhough I'm applying for business, they will still look at my science marks? 'Cuz they are extremly low (60 something) and it's one of the reasons I'm determined to go Arts. 

beyondsblue said:
Eventhough I'm applying for business, they will still look at my science marks? 'Cuz they are extremly low (60 something) and it's one of the reasons I'm determined to go Arts.    

They look at all CORE subjects whether they are applicable to your study program choice or not.  It is all an indication of your ability to study at the post-secondary level.

hey i thuoght that they would accept those who have a consistent average of a B or higher . or at least they would look at your accepting form.

Beyondsblue, I've got some bad news for you. If you come here, you have to take science courses as well. For example, next year I have to take both chemistry and physics as well as a computer science class. All of your marks matter, even science marks if you're going into the Arts program.

Big Foot said:
All of your marks matter, even science marks if you're going into the Arts program.
That's a relieve, I though they ONLY look at your core marks. All my other marks are above 80, so I think that may make up the science marks.
Also, will they look at my Grade 9 marks?

beyondsblue said:
That's a relieve, I though they ONLY look at your core marks. All my other marks are above 80, so I think that may make up the science marks.

No.

beyondsblue said:

I believe that they only use your core subject marks to calculate your Academic Potential score which is one of the main scores RMC uses to make its decision. However, if you are evenly matched with another candidate (i.e. same AP and MP scores) they'd also consider your other marks. Kincanucks can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this info.

ROTP Civi U said:
I believe that they only use your core subject marks to calculate your Academic Potential score which is one of the main scores RMC uses to make its decision. However, if you are evenly matched with another candidate (i.e. same AP and MP scores) they'd also consider your other marks. Kincanucks can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this info.

Yes RMC will look at all the subjects and their marks but only when looking at possibly adjusting the AP.  It is a confluted affair and they have this secret machine in a secret room and the professors wear robes.

So, to calculate my AP, they'll use my Gr.10 Eng, Math, Science; Gr.11 Eng, Math, Physics and Gr.12 Eng, Math? All the marks on some other 20 courses I took won't matter in terms of AP calculation?

You are asking a specific question regarding what the recruiting centre will do with your grades, and in any case, you cant avoid it.

Best option would be to march your grades down to the CFRC and ask them to let you know what they will be taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back