• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

Hypothetically if I hate my neighbour and beat the crap out of him is that terrorism? No - its assault cause bodily harm.

I think you're missing his point.
If there were personal reasons I would say that it wasn't terrorism.

But if you hate jews and beat the crap out of random jews, or hate christians and beat the crap out out of random christians, thats a hate crime.

If you are hate jews, muslims, christians, blacks, whites, native americans, and are out to cause mass casualties amongst their number, I call that terrorism

don't care if you meant what you wrote, you're wrong plain and simple.

When people write articles for mainstream media advocating illiberal treatment on the bases of ideological and policy differences, and those opinions are published by said media, and there is almost no objection and actually quite a bit of expressed solidarity and agreement, that is mainstream. The moderate left and centre left can not define away the excesses of their zeal of the past few years.

When people write articles for mainstream media advocating illiberal treatment on the bases of ideological and policy differences, and those opinions are published by said media, and there is almost no objection and actually quite a bit of expressed solidarity and agreement, that is mainstream. The moderate left and centre left can not define away the excesses of their zeal of the past few years.
what you are alluding to is the same far right idiots marching around chanting you will not replace us, shooting up walmarts because of immigration, shooting up mosques full of muslims and churches full of black people, have a equal partner in everyone in the mainstream left wing of the political spectrum.

A LGBTQ activist, same as a far right terrorist.

Someone who believe in more social programs, same as a far right terrorist.

someone who wants more gun control, same as a far right terrorist.

Its ridiculous, its nonsense.

I separate the extremists on the right, whos opinions sometimes make their way into fox news which is mainstream media, from the run of the mill conservative. They are not the same.

You need to realize the same thing. There are extremists, anarchists, radicals, communists who have more in common with the mainstream left than the right, but they are not the same thing. You should take the time to figure out who is who and not just label everyone on the center left as the same as the people who you cognitively seperate yourself from on the right,

someone who wants more gun control, same as a far right terrorist.

Not "same"; "vile". The examples I enumerated: "censorship, disemployment, physical assault, and criminal punishment".

I just know what I read in the papers.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”― Mark Twain

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”― Edgar Allan Poe

Time to start thinking for yourself.

Time to start thinking for yourself.
I've checked out some of the links you post on here. I'll stick with The National Post, thank you very much. :)

>>“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”― Edgar Allan Poe

And believe only one quarter of what you see on social media. :)

I don't like Islam, it is a highly political movement with the express aim of putting one group above all others and suppress freedom of expression, women rights and personal liberties. It is highly organized and able to use our guilt to its advantage. What this POS did is reprehensible and what the idiot did is to hand a gift to the radical Islamists to further their agenda. The radicals like these type of attacks as it pushes the more moderates into their area of influence.
I support people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali who work to deconstruct radical Islams messaging and expose their methodology. Until Islam goes through it's own reformation, I cannot support it here in Canada, because it's primary messaging is against the core values of Canada.

Islam, or Islamism? One’s a religion, while the other is a political ideology/movement. Numerous references, so won’t pick one specifically, but I would say that you have identified your concern regarding Islamism, not the religion itself. None of my Muslim friends who follow Islam are anything other than respectful members of our society who peacefully follow a particular religion.

No?

Regards
G2G

I don't like Islam,
You say you don't like Islam but then go on to specifically talk about radical Islam.
it is a highly political movement with the express aim of putting one group above all others and suppress freedom of expression, women rights and personal liberties.
I do not believe this to be the case in Canada. There are a few fringe mosques with controversial Imans, but they are just that, fringe. Widespread, you do not hear Muslims in Canada calling for suppression of freedoms, rolling back womens rights or curtailing personal freedoms.

If all Muslims globally followed the Canadian Muslims example, I think we would have a much more peaceful world. Mayor Sadiq Khan of London and Mayor Nenshi of Calgary are both muslims, and they are amongst the most inclusive and respectful people you could ever meet. I met Nenshi and I would rank him higher than most politicians in Canada.
It is highly organized and able to use our guilt to its advantage.
Most organized religions are just that, organized. But to what end? To overtake Canadian society? We don't have signs of that.
What this POS did is reprehensible and what the idiot did is to hand a gift to the radical Islamists to further their agenda. The radicals like these type of attacks as it pushes the more moderates into their area of influence.
I support people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali who work to deconstruct radical Islams messaging and expose their methodology. Until Islam goes through it's own reformation, I cannot support it here in Canada, because it's primary messaging is against the core values of Canada.
I agree that radicals of every type are horrible for society, but people, again, need to learn to separate the average run of the mill person who represents the majority of every group who just wants to live their lives in peace, and those who would do us harm.

So I identify as center left. Am I vile?

I suppose it depends on how you feel about censorship, criminalization of policy differences, etc.

But that's irrelevant. "the mainstream has people" is not synonymous with "everyone".

Strictly understood, Islam is a political movement. Most religions are to some extent (in laying down rules and laws and whatnot), but the core of Islam has not really gotten to the separation of church and state yet.

I suppose it depends on how you feel about censorship, criminalization of policy differences, etc.

But that's irrelevant. "the mainstream has people" is not synonymous with "everyone".
The mainstream leads to the suggestion that the majority in a certain group identify that way. The dominant or conventional thinking of most being that way.

So not everyone, but most.

Which of course leads to dangerous assumptions. Most on the left are vile would be the next logical leap if you believe that the mainstream of the left is vile.

Unless you plan to read academia, most entertainers and artists, and the left-supporting media out of the mainstream, there's no escaping from the reality that the mainstream is quite happy with manipulating and suppressing information to tell all stories a certain way and to punish those who express other views.

Strictly understood, Islam is a political movement. Most religions are to some extent (in laying down rules and laws and whatnot), but the core of Islam has not really gotten to the separation of church and state yet.
Yet in Canada Islam isn't trying to put in place any of their laws or doctrines.

They mostly preach to their followers and leave well enough alone. There is no Islamic party with any large following of muslims. Muslim Canadians vote more for the LPC which is the party of abortion, Gay and LGBTQ rights, legal weed and countless other ideals that do not square with islam.

Yet in Canada Islam isn't trying to put in place any of their laws or doctrines.

They mostly preach to their followers and leave well enough alone. There is no Islamic party with any large following of muslims. Muslim Canadians vote more for the LPC which is the party of abortion, Gay and LGBTQ rights, legal weed and countless other ideals that do not square with islam.
When the Sunni Muslim population reaches a critical mass, then the radicals begin to exert their pressure on the rest, they take the long view.

Back