• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

Meters for all Canadian charts at this point. Fathoms or (yuk) feet for US charts.
My chart my rules ;)

My electronic charts can do all three.

I run feet for my own personal use for pleasure craft on internal waters, as I don’t do fathoms, and down here when I speak meters off a range, it confuses folks.

I keep asking,

Where do we get the sailors to crew these subs? How many sailors, overall fleetwise, are we already short?

What you can't,,,,,,fathom it?

mic drop

I'm here all week folks
Clapping Slow Clap GIF by Davey And Jonesie's Locker

I keep asking,

Where do we get the sailors to crew these subs? How many sailors, overall fleetwise, are we already short?
1800 short I think.

Where to get sailors? First boat in the water is 2035 so... who knows in 10 years. Those being recruited now will be PO2s and MS or Lt(N) and new LCdrs. And we'll likely only need 35ish submariners for the first boat. Then assuming a drumbeat of one more sub per year it will be 12 more years to get all of them. So those recruited now will be nearing retirement ages when the last boat will be delivered.

Long story short, you can't assume the pers challenges of today will be the same tomorrow nor can you answer what the next 20 years holds.

Back