• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve 043 QL3 Length?

Synthos

Inactive
Reaction score
Hope this hasn't been asked before, I did look. Just wondering the # of days for summer, reservist QL3 (course after SQ, right?)

Synthos said:
Hope this hasn't been asked before, I did look. Just wondering the # of days for summer, reservist QL3 (course after SQ, right?)

Engineer Ql3 now called Section Member Course is 6 weeks long which works out to 30 training days (this doesn't include weekends) and yes it comes after the SQ course.

It is currently 3 x 2 week blocks but I've seen proposals to increase it to 4 x 2 week blocks.  The new block would be CMD trg which is required for reservists to augment regular force deployed operations.  Currently, we are pulling reservists out of TMSBP and sending them last second after they are already slotted for tour.

(Expect an additional 2 weeks in the Sect 2ic crse on the same theme)

MCG said:
It is currently 3 x 2 week blocks but I've seen proposals to increase it to 4 x 2 week blocks.   The new block would be CMD trg which is required for reservists to augment regular force deployed operations.   Currently, we are pulling reservists out of TMSBP and sending them last second after they are already slotted for tour.

(Expect an additional 2 weeks in the Sect 2ic crse on the same theme)

That would be really good, now how would they apply it to those of us that have done these courses in the past? Would it be left up to the units? or would they continue to teach/show us during work up training?

I suppose a few summers where they run additional block 4 courses for pers that have already completed their 3's or 5's.

Back