• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

matthias.obrien said:
Anybody else in for Armoured?

And anybody else from the Hamilton region?

For the Kitchener, Barrie, and Hamilton applicant that I saw posted in the forum yesterday... Some of the offers have gone out, some of them are still going out today and tomorrow. Please be patient we are working hard to get all the offers out quickly and accurately.

As for us not answering our phones yesterday, our RC was closed yesterday and last wed. (I'm from the Hamilton RC)

Cheers!

MOTHforLife said:
I am also attending RMC in the Fall for MARS. Good to know I'm not alone. See you there.

Where are you from? Did you only hear recently about your acceptance as well?
I'm going to be heading up from Gander, NL. Haven't really heard a whole lot yet, I guess I should call and try for more info. :p
Feel free to PM.

Just got the offical offer which I have gladly accepted. Seems like they also switched me to RMC-Kingston after first hearing I was heading to CMR.

MS Eng here we come!

See you all in July!

Jingo said:
For the Kitchener, Barrie, and Hamilton applicant that I saw posted in the forum yesterday... Some of the offers have gone out, some of them are still going out today and tomorrow. Please be patient we are working hard to get all the offers out quickly and accurately.

As for us not answering our phones yesterday, our RC was closed yesterday and last wed. (I'm from the Hamilton RC)

Cheers!

well that is good news, i haven't heard anything from CFRC London, so i guess no news is good news. Going to call my file manager in about half an hour

Damn, Just got off the phone with my file manager, I was declined because all of my trades were full
My Trades were
- Mars
- Engineer Officer
- Arty

He said there is a letter coming in the mail, with what I can do for further action. (Can anyone shed some light on this)

Next year, I guess calling reserve units now.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything Re: Swearing in dates, start date for RC, etc.
I got my acceptance call like 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

2011Applicant said:
I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything Re: Swearing in dates, start date for RC, etc.
I got my acceptance call like 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

You might have to wait for a while.
Last year I had the same question as you did.
Last year, I was sworn in at the beginning of August. They only advised me of the swearing in ceremony about
a week and a half before.
When I called, I called one a month for updates on said dates, all they answered is "we will let you know when we know".

Being patient is the best advice I can give.

mathabos said:
You might have to wait for a while.
Last year I had the same question as you did.
Last year, I was sworn in at the beginning of August. They only advised me of the swearing in ceremony about
a week and a half before.
When I called, I called one a month for updates on said dates, all they answered is "we will let you know when we know".

Being patient is the best advice I can give.
Hurry up and wait I guess.
Thank you.

Not a problem

They are probably still busy with sending out offers and such.

And speak of the devil, just saw that I had missed a call from the CFRC.
Unfortunately they're closed now, have to wait until tomorrow morning now I guess :(
Hopefully they didn't change their mind :p

I just got a call from CFRC Vancouver (in new westminster) and I have a huge goofy grin on my face in the middle of class and people are staring at me, but I don't give a hoot! Ive been selected for ALOY preparatory year. My computer crashed yesterday and I nearly lost everything and I'm currently typing on a shattered iPhone 4 screen which I dropped yesterday as well, but this makes up for all of it! Woot!

Just formally accepted my offer for MARS at a civi u. So good to finally be getting through this!

Just formally accepted my offer over the phone.
First year at RMC St-Jean
Subsequent years at RMC Kingston
Accepted for Bachelor of Arts program in the occupation of Air Combat Systems Officer
Feelsgoodman.

Congratulations !!

That must have been the missed call from yesterday  ;D

You bet!
They did change their minds, but for a different aspect than what I was thinking. ;)
A few more hours away from home, but at least there's a major airport within an hour's drive.
I just hope there's a shuttle or something to good ol' Montreal.

2011Applicant said:
You bet!
They did change their minds, but for a different aspect than what I was thinking. ;)
A few more hours away from home, but at least there's a major airport within an hour's drive.

Looks like somehow we traded spots!  I'm going to Kingston for 4 years now, and not going to CMR at all.  Also for ACSO.

jwtg said:
Looks like somehow we traded spots!  I'm going to Kingston for 4 years now, and not going to CMR at all.  Also for ACSO.
I'd sooner trade spots than just give it away that's for sure!
See you in year 2 I suppose. :p

2011Applicant said:

There's a bus that will take you from St-Jean to downtown Montreal for about 10$. If you decide to taxi it's 70+$...

Sounds good to me.
By the way, on the RMC St-Jean website it says that we are supposed to report there by Sunday July 31, 2011. Should I take this as fact or wait until I'm told by my CFRC?
"Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 1600 hrs at the latest (unless otherwise specified by your Recruiting Centre)"
I'm guessing the latter of that applies?

2011Applicant said:
Sounds good to me.
By the way, on the RMC St-Jean website it says that we are supposed to report there by Sunday July 31, 2011. Should I take this as fact or wait until I'm told by my CFRC?
"Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 1600 hrs at the latest (unless otherwise specified by your Recruiting Centre)"
I'm guessing the latter of that applies?

Their website is usually pretty accurate but wait out for your recruiting centre for confirmation.

Back