• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been almost 32 weeks since applications opened in September for ROTP.  Thanks to everyone that has helped the ROTP applicants to navigate the application process. Postings from members such as DAA have been very helpful.  :salute: Good luck to everyone who is awaiting news for this years selections.  :D

Hey this is actually my first post. I don't know if this has already been answered, but i applied in September of 2014 and have completed the CFAT, interview, and medical exam. I have received further testing for mild asthma that i declared during med interview, as well as blood and urine work. I sent all that to the recruitment centre in Kingston about 2 months ago, and they still have nothing new to tell me. I contact them about once a week, and every week it is the same. they told me months ago that they had started background checks and have still not completed them, and that senior medical staff is still reviewing my medical info. I am hoping to get accepted into the ROTP, and i realize that time is a factor. So is this normal? or am i too late now to be accepted? I did above average on the CFAT, and the interviewer said i did well and was a competitive candidate. My occupation choices were: ACSO, Pilot, and Infantry Officer (cliche i know). Thanks for any info that anyone has to offer!!

MilitaryHopeful95 said:
My occupation choices were: ACSO, Pilot, and Infantry Officer (cliche i know). Thanks for any info that anyone has to offer!!

Have you attended Aircrew Selection testing in Trenton yet?

No but I'm aware i will have to do that. After the interview, i was told it would be a couple weeks until i wrote it. Its now been almost 3 months. So again this is another reason I'm concerned about my time frame.

Have any offers been received by anyone ? I'm wondering where they are at with the merit board selection process?

durhamcadet1 said:
Have any offers been received by anyone ? I'm wondering where they are at with the merit board selection process?

Durhamcadet1, I was sent an e-mail stating: "The ROTP selection board is scheduled for 21 April 2015.  You will receive the results from the selection no later than 01 May 2015." I'm applying for an NO position therefore I am unable to confirm if that date is also valid and subject to RMC applicants, however I imagine that selections will be held around the same time.

Goodluck.

J.J.Y said:
"The ROTP selection board is scheduled for 21 April 2015.  You will receive the results from the selection no later than 01 May 2015."

Unfortunately and fortunately 2nd round is the new goal. When following up with CFRC as to why the selection email message was not received here, and they noticed that they did not have the background check in the file.  Will take another week or so.
I'm taking this in a positive light as they have identified the issue and are now looking getting this check completed. Good luck to you all on the selections.

durhamcadet1 said:
Unfortunately and fortunately 2nd round is the new goal. When following up with CFRC as to why the selection email message was not received here, and they noticed that they did not have the background check in the file.  Will take another week or so.
I'm taking this in a positive light as they have identified the issue and are now looking getting this check completed. Good luck to you all on the selections.

It's good you're staying optimistic (key to success right there), and at least you caught in time so that you can still participate in the second round of selections- best of luck!

Speaking of which, how many people do they tend to pick in the first round of selections anyway? Hypothetically, say they have 10 available spots for an occupation, would they fill 5 of those positions and keep the other 5 positions available for potential candidates for the 2nd round of selections?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks. 

J.J.Y said:
It's good you're staying optimistic (key to success right there), and at least you caught in time so that you can still participate in the second round of selections- best of luck!

Speaking of which, how many people do they tend to pick in the first round of selections anyway? Hypothetically, say they have 10 available spots for an occupation, would they fill 5 of those positions and keep the other 5 positions available for potential candidates for the 2nd round of selections?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks.

I'm also applying for ROTP nursing.  When I went in to the recruiting centre to finalize my application Apr 15 I was told that there were 30 of us merit listed (meaning up for selection) and that they were only choosing 5 nationally.

Just got my offer today. Will be heading to St Jean for Basic starting on 06 July, then RMC in September. Good luck to those still waiting!

AirPeaches said:
Just got my offer today. Will be heading to St Jean for Basic starting on 06 July, then RMC in September. Good luck to those still waiting!
Just wondering how they contacted you about your offer and if they give you any time to make a decision?

AirPeaches said:

Lucky, I've been the unlucky one where my medical officer didn't send my medical until 2 months-ish after my medical file needed to be sent to Ottawa. I've been waiting currently 7 weeks and no updates on my medical as of yet and I've even received an email that "My chances of selection are very high if I am deemed medically fit". I just hope my medical doesn't get lost within Ottawa. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Tentoes said:
Just wondering how they contacted you about your offer and if they give you any time to make a decision?

I got a call from my local CFRC. I was asked if I needed any time to think over the decision (I accepted immediately) - so yes they do give you time to think over the decision, discuss with family, etc. if you would like it.

Nomulous said:
Lucky, I've been the unlucky one where my medical officer didn't send my medical until 2 months-ish after my medical file needed to be sent to Ottawa. I've been waiting currently 7 weeks and no updates on my medical as of yet and I've even received an email that "My chances of selection are very high if I am deemed medically fit". I just hope my medical doesn't get lost within Ottawa. Good luck to everyone who applied!

That sounds like a nightmare, best hopes for your medical to go through!

AirPeaches said:
That sounds like a nightmare, best hopes for your medical to go through!

Surprisingly my medical isn't a big issue. I just had a small syndrome that is extremely rare and I'm perfectly healthy right now and all the charts I've submitted have said that I recovered remarkably quickly and I'm perfectly healthy. Though I just hope I get any sort of reply rather than my medical never getting cleared and all the positions are given out.

I would like to start by saying although I did not receive any information during the first round of offers(for the ROPT program) I am keeping a positive attitude for acceptance during the second round of offers.  Though I was wondering what I could do in order to enhance my application for next year should I not get in for the 2015-2016 academic year.  I was told by my recruiter that he himself had not gotten in during his first application (for the ROTP) and that, should I not get in, take extra curricular courses to make my application better.  To give you more back ground information I have a 86% average currently, I'm involved in 4 school clubs, I applied for Amour Officer or Engineer Officer and I have not yet heard back from any of the universities I applied for. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated  :). I would also like to congratulate anyone who has already been accepted and also wish those who like me haven't received any info yet good luck for the second round of offers. 

Nomulous said:

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat as you. Medical has been sitting in ottawa for nearly 2 months. Hope both of us have that resolved.

James516 said:
I would like to start by saying although I did not receive any information during the first round of offers(for the ROPT program) I am keeping a positive attitude for acceptance during the second round of offers.  Though I was wondering what I could do in order to enhance my application for next year should I not get in for the 2015-2016 academic year.  I was told by my recruiter that he himself had not gotten in during his first application (for the ROTP) and that, should I not get in, take extra curricular courses to make my application better.  To give you more back ground information I have a 86% average currently, I'm involved in 4 school clubs, I applied for Amour Officer or Engineer Officer and I have not yet heard back from any of the universities I applied for. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated  :). I would also like to congratulate anyone who has already been accepted and also wish those who like me haven't received any info yet good luck for the second round of offers.

First round ROTP offers just started going out late last week.  If you were picked up in the 1st round, you will probably be hearing something shortly.

Good luck!

curious if anyone could shed some light on when the second roud of selection is scheduled to take place, or at least a general idea, have my acs from the 9th-13th due to some lovely administrative issues and hoping I'll make that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back