• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
flatlander13 said:
Application. Have you read through the various ROTP and recruitment threads? You will find a lot of useful topics to help inform your decision.

Thanks again! And yeah I did, it was just hard to find info on late applications (or relatively late compared to most), i'll for sure read over some of those threads though.

SJRubio said:
Thanks again! And yeah I did, it was just hard to find info on late applications (or relatively late compared to most), i'll for sure read over some of those threads though.

The first result from a Google search gave me the application deadline...

SJRubio said:

There is NO such thing as a "late" application, only late processing.  So if you are considering ROTP and commencing in the fall of 2014, then you need to apply NOW!

DAA said:
There is NO such thing as a "late" application, only late processing.  So if you are considering ROTP and commencing in the fall of 2014, then you need to apply NOW!

Ah I see  :nod: thank you, that eases my nerves a bit. I'm going to apply as soon as the recruiting centers open back up in January, though I would imagine it'd be too late to apply to a more competitive trade (Pilot for example) though...I've seen lots of people around the forums saying for that you have to apply SUPER early for that.

DAA, seeing as how you appear to know what you are talking about:
I submitted my RMC questionairre and transcripts to RMC around mid-november, and have had no response from the canadian forces after the acknowledgement email.
Should I worried? I have attempted contact a intermittently for a month and have had no response, outside of north bay telling me they do not need my support documents and they haven't had a response from RMC.

SJRubio said:
Ah I see  :nod: thank you, that eases my nerves a bit. I'm going to apply as soon as the recruiting centers open back up in January, though I would imagine it'd be too late to apply to a more competitive trade (Pilot for example) though...I've seen lots of people around the forums saying for that you have to apply SUPER early for that.

SJR, you can apply online now (unless you're waiting to speak to someone at your CFRC before you apply). Also, RMC selection is not based on a first come, first selected basis, but rather on the competitiveness of your application as a whole. Apply for the careers that interest you most  :nod: Good luck!

flatlander13 said:
SJR, you can apply online now (unless you're waiting to speak to someone at your CFRC before you apply). Also, RMC selection is not based on a first come, first selected basis, but rather on the competitiveness of your application as a whole. Apply for the careers that interest you most  :nod: Good luck!

I was going to consider going in person because I like paper more than electronic paperwork lol and I thought it might be faster, but I think I'll go do it online now. Thank you! :)

Ah you got me there  ;)

On another note, I really hope they don't mind that I've had no extracurriculars since high school...(2 years ago), I had a few back then (played in 5 school bands, played in a university level band too, plus cadets for 5 years), hopefully that's not too long of a gap for them.

No real way to know for sure except to apply! If things don't work out this year, there are plenty of ways to get involved locally to beef up your application for the following year.

I've decided to just go apply in person as opposed to online...too many questions about the application itself.

But to anyone who's done the medical, do you have to at any point get any medical examinations done by your own doctor, for vision or anything? (A doctor outside of the CF), I don't have a family doctor at the moment.

SJRubio said:
I've decided to just go apply in person as opposed to online...too many questions about the application itself.

Doesn't work like that, the local CFRC will tell you to apply online as all your paperwork will be handled by north bay until the interview and medical. I tried going in person and they told me to apply online.

If you have questions the search tool for the Forum is a great resource and I put my application in a few months ago and can be of some help if you want to PM me

TTB4570 said:
DAA, seeing as how you appear to know what you are talking about:
I submitted my RMC questionairre and transcripts to RMC around mid-november, and have had no response from the canadian forces after the acknowledgement email.
Should I worried? I have attempted contact a intermittently for a month and have had no response, outside of north bay telling me they do not need my support documents and they haven't had a response from RMC.

I'm in the exact same boat.

I kept emailing North Bay and still nothing happened so I called my local CFRC and they said to CALL North Bay when they open again so that is my plan.

Hey everyone, new guy here.  I'm applying for MARS at RMC as well, I've had  my application in since September and my transcripts into rmc since mid October.  Seeing everybody who's already done their CFAT's and physical fitness tests already is making me a little nervous because I haven't heard anything since October.

Is there still a good chance of getting processed in the new year, or have I most likely been thrown on the "try again" pile?

Sinha said:
Doesn't work like that, the local CFRC will tell you to apply online as all your paperwork will be handled by north bay until the interview and medical. I tried going in person and they told me to apply online.

If you have questions the search tool for the Forum is a great resource and I put my application in a few months ago and can be of some help if you want to PM me

Ah thank you for the heads up! I did completed my application online.

Choices:
1. Pilot
2. ACSO
3. HCA

Excited :) hopefully since I applied during the holiday it won't mess anything up...

Hey, I am 16 and am looking at applying for ROTP at a civilian U, I was wondering if you got a uniform at the civ U?

No, you don't have to wear a uniform during your civvy classes, but you are expected to have military bearing when you go see your liaison officer/show up at HQ. That means shaved and with a military haircut.

If you want to wear a uniform everyday why not just apply for RMC?

At the end of the day what if they only give you RMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back