• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sending Application Before HS Graduation

Statik

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there,

So I'm graduating highschool in June, and I currently want to send my application for Infantry and Engineers now, so I can get the ball rolling, and spend the summer putting on some size and working on my cardio.

My question is, what should I put for my education level on my application? I don't imagine I should be putting down that I'm a highschool graduate when I have yet to actually receive my diploma. What should I fill in on my application? And is there a section for me specify that I will be graduating this summer (so I don't look like I didn't graduate highschool)?

Thanks for any help

Good day,

When filing out the section on school, include your current level. There is a section that asks if you are still enroled in school full time. You are graduating in June, so I assume that you are currently in school full time. When asked for your official education school transcripts, the classes that you are currently enroled in will show as in progress.

You can apply now and begin the application process, and your file will be updated with your completion of high school, once you graduate and provide proof via an updated transcript. 

Master Corporal Steven said:
Good day,

When filing out the section on school, include your current level. There is a section that asks if you are still enroled in school full time. You are graduating in June, so I assume that you are currently in school full time. When asked for your official education school transcripts, the classes that you are currently enroled in will show as in progress.

You can apply now and begin the application process, and your file will be updated with your completion of high school, once you graduate and provide proof via an updated transcript.

Hey,

Thanks for the info. I put High School 3 Years, my high school name, Date last attended or completed, Status (full time), and for graduated I checked "No", and for number of years completed I put in 2.

My new question is the "High School Three Years" is under the section "Degree/Diploma Received". So by putting in "High School 3 Years" Am I essentially telling them I completed high school in 3 years? Or does the whole "Not graduated, Number of years completed: 2" section cover that? And as for transcripts, they'll ask for them later on? And if they ask for them before I graduate my current classes will be in progress? That makes sense.

So then after I submit this and graduate, I should contact them and change my application then?

Good day Statik,

After submitting your application:

You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

hello.........I have a question that i hope fits this thread. I am wanting to apply to the reserves but I am currently 16 and in grade 10 ....do i have to have completed grade 10 before applying or can i start the process now?.

thank you

soldier16 said:
hello.........I have a question that i hope fits this thread. I am wanting to apply to the reserves but I am currently 16 and in grade 10 ....do i have to have completed grade 10 before applying or can i start the process now?.

thank you

To be eligible to join the Reserves, you must have completed the requirements for Grade 10.  You can submit your application in your final semester of completing your Grade 10 requirements, however, you cannot be enrolled in the CAF Reserves until successful completion.

Back