• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Service Number allocation

QORvanweert

Inactive
Reaction score
Try as I might, I can't seem to find an answer within the existing posts.

My question is thus, I intend to rejoin the reserves (031) and was wondering if I would use the service number I had while previously enlisted?

You will have to provide it so that they can pull up your Previous Service records, your MPRRs, etc.

I understand that it would be required to pull up all my paperwork, what I am wondering is if it is recycled and issued to me again? Something along the lines of a social insurance number - attached for life.

I rejoined the RegF and I was not issued a new SN, I have my previous one.

On a similar note I am planing on joining the regular force but i was a reservist for four years and when i left i was put down as a supplement soldier will i  be able to keep my service number

When you join the CF you are assigned two unique identifiers:  a Service Number (SN) and an Employee ID Number (EMPLID).  Both stay with you for life.  They are never re-used or reassigned following your release.

The SN is a strictly military identifier.  The EMPLID, however, can be used by both the CF and the DND.  An EMPLID is used to identify your records in the PeopleSoft Human Resources Management Sysytem (HRMS).  Should you become a DND Civilian employee, your same EMPLID will be used to track your civilian employemnt records in the civilian versoin of HRMS (also a PeopleSoft platform).

Hope this helps.

Haggis is spot on (as I recall it).

But I've got to ask - what does it matter?

Roy Harding said:
But I've got to ask - what does it matter?

I was just curious. Didn't really want to go through the hassle of memorizing another one.

Thanks for the answers gentlemen.

Back