• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sidearms for Officers? Some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauler666

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the sidearm carry policy is for officers in the CF?  I shoot IDPA here at home and wonder also about carrying my own personal piece; is this even possible?  Can officers in the CF be issued concealed carry permits here in Canada? 

I ship out for BMOQ in two weeks, and am just curious.

Only when required by military duty.

Highly doubtful you'd be allowed to use a privately owned firearm on military duty.

There are no concealed carry permits in Canada.

The only weapons you will use when on duty are the ones issued to you. You CAN NOT use personally owned firearms/ammo.  And the CF does not give you or help with getting any kind of weapon permits. And like what was said, there is no concealed carry allowed in Canada AFAIK.

As someone who hasn't even started day 1 of training, you should be more concerned about other things, and not things like this..

xena said:
Only when required by military duty.

Highly doubtful you'd be allowed to use a privately owned firearm on military duty.

There are no concealed carry permits in Canada.

I believe they are, though they are so rare as to be ALMOST nonexistant.  *sigh* unfortunate, in any case.

Why do you even feel the need to have a concealed weapon on you in Canada?

Correction to my last.  There technically ARE CCW permits in Canada.  In practice, they are virtually impossible to obtain.  For example, in 2005 in Ontario, there was a grand total of 13 CCW licenses.

So, technically, they exist, but are so rare they are virtually non-existant.

-Skeletor- said:
As someone who hasn't even started day 1 of training, you should be more concerned about other things, and not things like this..

OOPS!  Sorry, dad.  Yeah, I better get busy, CFLRS looks REAL tough...

-Skeletor- said:
Why do you even feel the need to have a concealed weapon on you in Canada?

Any citizen should have the right to protect himself and his fellow citizens-  as a forces member, i should think this a concept you'd understand. 

...not as tough as Cornwallis was.

Just MHO, of course...

But, considering the attitude you're throwing around, I think you may find it harder than you think.  The staff just LOVE guys with attitude...

Faustus,

Some of the folks here were already serving in the military while you were still filling diapers.

Wring your neck in about "concepts" you think "they'd understand."

Faustus said:
Any citizen should have the right to protect himself and his fellow citizens-  as a forces member, i should think this a concept you'd understand.

Umm, yeah. Okay.

Have a think about that, and the adfvice given by xena, before coming back to this one. As well, please try to apy attention to proper punctuation, among the other rules of English.

Staff

Lets hear your feelings on this particular concept, then.  For or against carry permits for serving officers of the CF?

Faustus said:
Lets hear your feelings on this particular concept, then.  For or against carry permits for serving officers of the CF?

Why? It's not allowed. I don't see that being changed by some grassroots movement on an internet forum started by someone who isn't even in.

Locked. Usual caveats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back