• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SIG OP AFTER MOC

Canadian Sig said:
I just finished my 5's this summer and my wife just finished hers last month and neither of us had a single reservist on either of our courses.

CFSCE says they're reserving the spots... whether or not there's candidates to fill those spots is another issue.

CFSCE has started to combine the courses final exercises to facilitate beter and closer to actual working environment.  It does make sence to do that.  As I have been posted to the language school with 3 people who were just working there, the info I have been getting is pretty accurate.  As for who taught them, does it really matter if it was B Sqn or F Sqn.  F Sqn is reservists augmented by Reg Force.  A lot of my friends fill those billets.  As for the course being the same, that is not entirely true unless you are only looking at the TP side of the house.  The Reg Force gets more hands on than the reserves.  I went to Montreal last year to talk to them about the "Light det course"  which is a joke due to it not being a light det in the reg force sense.  The forces have now adopted a new series of names and that role will be called the Hermes Golf.  One inmarsat does not a light det make.

Hmm....how about Reserve Sig Ops? Where do they usually go after? Are they just placed to their local communications reserve unit for weeknights/weekends training?

Yes reserve Sig Ops are posted back to their units. We had a reservist on our 3's and he was posted back to his home unit.

Radop said:
CFSCE has started to combine the courses final exercises to facilitate beter and closer to actual working environment.  It does make sence to do that.  As I have been posted to the language school with 3 people who were just working there, the info I have been getting is pretty accurate.  As for who taught them, does it really matter if it was B Sqn or F Sqn.  F Sqn is reservists augmented by Reg Force.  A lot of my friends fill those billets.  As for the course being the same, that is not entirely true unless you are only looking at the TP side of the house.  The Reg Force gets more hands on than the reserves.  I went to Montreal last year to talk to them about the "Light det course"  which is a joke due to it not being a light det in the reg force sense.  The forces have now adopted a new series of names and that role will be called the Hermes Golf.  One inmarsat does not a light det make.

Just a sigop, Did you just like my statement and why did you just quote it??????? 

Cnd Sig, Your old, so am I so get over it.  99, save his sole!

Luck, Agreed, lol.

Back