• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sikh & India (Alleged) Shenanigans in Canada (split fm Non-Muslim terr thread)

A slightly more neutral take on the affair by a non-Canadian/Indian source.

To clarify, that’s an Indian newspaper - Economic Times is part of the Indian Times.

You’re going to post that and seriously call it neutral? It reads like a Modi mouthpiece but for external audiences.

You’re going to post that and seriously call it neutral? It reads like a Modi mouthpiece but for external audiences.
Bahaha I was looking through my newsreel and thought it was the "Economist"... I did read the article though. I thought it stuck mostly to the facts...

Neither side has provided any sort of actual evidence other than "please believe us, we are the Government"...

The RCMP made some arrests in the Nijjar case:

This little tidbit stuck out to me:

All of the accused are Indian citizens and have been non-permanent residents of Canada for three to five years, RCMP officers told reporters at their Friday press conference announcing the charges.

Sources told CBC News the men arrived in Canada on temporary visas after 2021, some of them student visas. None are believed to have pursued education while in Canada. None have obtained permanent residency.

Others tied to this crime could be arrested in the coming days, police said.

So they came over on student Visas and then did sweet FUCK ALL for a few years. Meanwhile the current GoC is telling us we got a big foreign interference problem but has let in record amounts of people from aforementioned Countries....

I'm sure the vetting has been outstanding.

2788f5efa0c077a1da13ce27392cb61f.jpg

And the expected Tat in the tit for tat. Note that India is also expelling six diplomats - suggesting that they are quietly trying to balance the scales but not escalate.

That's exactly what it is.
The Indian Government is pissing around with our Country's politics for two reasons one because of the large and growing diaspora it allows them to influence and possibly direct those policies that effect them .
They also perceive us as potential threat to their stability.
Which hasn't been helped by our idiot politicians currying favor with those groups who are the ones doing their best to harm that stability.
Oh also it helps if you have a scapegoats that you can use as a Boogie man .
Which as far as the current Indian Government is concerned means us.
Yes .. we're evil and nefarious. ..start practicing your evil laugh.

OMG who grew a pair? Freeland? Joly?
Nope, think ‘souther’…

Things could not get much worse between Canada and India. I mean, I suppose India could declare war on Canada. That would be worse.
The. They’d have to find someone other than AECL and SNC Lavelin AtkinsRéalis to keep mentoring them to keep their uranium enrichment warhead production support devices CANDU reactors up to spec… 😉

Team Trudeau sick and tired of getting sand kicked in their face? Will they go after China next?
No, just being told by someone else to smarten TFU…

... No, just being told by someone else to smarten TFU…
The key difference here is if this happened, someone actually took said advice.
Trying to look tough prior to the next election?
Or could have taken this long to build the file to the point where chests could officially be poked? 🤷‍♂️

Here's the RCMP presser. I just finished listening and I'm picking my jaw up off the floor.

• RCMP's Deputy Commissioner of Federal Policing met with Indian officials and it didn't go well
  • RCMP have directly accused Indian diplomats of complicity in murder, extortion, and threats
  • RCMP have directly accused Indiva's governmet of using organized crime in Canada to further their aims
  • RCMP have done 'duty to warn' on 13 different individuals who were in danger
  • RCMP commissioner just accused India on live TV of breaching the Vienna convention
  • RCMP commish name-dropped Communications Security Establishment (Huge breach of the first rule of Fight Club)
  • These meetings happened on a long weekend (WTF??)
  • This presser happened on Thanksgiving Monday (WTF??)

Global Affairs Canada has also expelled the Indian High Commissioner (ambassador) and five other individuals. Canada expels Indian high commissioner, five other diplomats

This is absolutely incredible. And bad.
I am, for the first time in probably a couple years now, intensely proud to be a Mountie and have Duheme at the helm.

I just hope this new found focus on Federal Policing and national security sticks around, and I can leave contract city policing behind and get to the actual reason I chose the RCMP as an employer as a result.

The key difference here is if this happened, someone actually took said advice.
The stealthy smear campaign against Trudeau’s legacy was apparently an alleged threat that Le Dauphin wasn’t willing to chance. Accepting it as he did will let him host the G7 without an embarrassing whispered campaign about his ineptitude.

Or could have taken this long to build the file to the point where chests could officially be poked? 🤷‍♂️
I would argue this is the real reason.

I’m not in law enforcement, but I suspect that something of this calibre (and fallout) would be triple-checked before having the RCMP say this in public.

Back