• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sikh & India (Alleged) Shenanigans in Canada (split fm Non-Muslim terr thread)

I won't be happy with the government or RCMP/ CSIS, until the names of the MPs who benefitted from foreign interference are published. And it better be before the election writ is dropped. Canadians deserve to know who they're voting for. This particular incident with India is simply just a part of the puzzle. A puzzle that has a lot more parts than this.

If Canada can't find a way to deal with the MPs who were wittingly acting against the national interest, and that includes publicly naming them, we are failing as a nation. The fact they are still serving and nobody knows who they are is a national security catastrophe.

Mixed bag of MSM (IND and others) on 5E reactions ...
"US says India should take Canada plot allegations 'seriously' "
"Canada’s Five Eyes partners back probe into Nijjar’s killing"
... with this idea thrown out there via a U.S. think tank

A Novel.

Trudeau flies around for a week. While the cats are away, the mice begin to play. Polls remain drastically down. The HoC is not allowing the government's business to proceed as the government refuses to follow the Speaker's (and the vote of the majority) order to release the documents of the Green Slush Fund scandal.

Change the news cycle. PMO gets a hold of the RCMP "advising" them to immediately, like right now release their results of the India investigation. Set up two pressers, one RCMP, one for PM and sidekicks. Trudeau feels he looks decisive to "keep Canadians safe". Go home for turkey.

When HoC resumes declare an immediate debate on "keeping Canadians safe". Forget about releasing the documents about Liberal corruption. Must keep people safe. CPC howls that the debate is deflection; Liberals gleefully say CPC doesn't want to keep Canada safe; Singh gloats; Bloc scratch their heads.

Media lambastes the CPC as unCanadian and the LPC as saviors.

The PM hosts all Liberal members for a Chinese dinner.

Last edited:
A Novel.

Trudeau flies around for a week. While the cats are away, the mice begin to play. Polls remain drastically down. The HoC is not allowing the government's business to proceed as the government refuses to follow the Speaker's (and the vote of the majority) order to release the documents of the Green Slush Fund scandal.

Change the news cycle. PMO gets a hold of the RCMP "advising" them to immediately, like right now release their results of the India investigation. Set up too pressers, one RCMP, one for PM and sidekicks. Trudeau feels he looks decisive to "keep Canadians safe". Go home for turkey.

When HoC resumes declare an immediate debate on "keeping Canadians safe". Forget about releasing the documents about Liberal corruption. Must keep people safe. CPC howls that the debate is deflection; Liberals gleefully say CPC doesn't want to keep Canada safe; Singh gloats; Bloc scratch their heads.

Media lambastes the CPC as unCanadian and the LPC as saviors.

The PM hosts all Liberal members for a Chinese dinner.

This would be in the true crime section of the bookstore.

Is
How about pass a bill requiring all party leaders to obtain file for a security clearance within 30 days of taking office. The leader of the opposition in light of recent events looks more suspicious then before in refusing to let his history be looked into.
I get where your head is at, but Is being able to pass the security checks required for a clearance even a requirement to be leader of any of the political parties? I don’t think it is and don’t see how that could even be incorporated into the process of choosing leaders of parties.

How about pass a bill requiring all party leaders to obtain file for a security clearance within 30 days of taking office. The leader of the opposition in light of recent events looks more suspicious then before in refusing to let his history be looked into.

Has PP not already held a high level security clearance in previous positions?

Has PP not already held a high level security clearance in previous positions?
He has, but people like to correlate his no clearance with his actual position that obtaining the classified briefing will hold him to Official Secrets Act and essentially muzzle him on the issue. Plenty of other members of his shadow cabinet have had the classified brief.

I'm not worried about PP or the Conservatives. You can rest assured that if there was a Conservative MP in the mix, the trudeau liberals would have outed them by now.

That trudeau never mentioned any other party, except Conservatives, is telling. His explanation is just broad and misleading enough to throw shade without having to be completely truthful or accurate..

I don't know when people are going to stop listening to trudeau. He's proven himself untrustworthy, untruthful and totally partisan. Capable of lying at the drop of a hat to deflect from his stance. Really, why would anyone believe/ defend him, or put any stock into what he says. His track record is there for anyone to see should they bother to look.

That trudeau never mentioned any other party, except Conservatives, is telling. His explanation is just broad and misleading enough to throw shade without having to be completely truthful or accurate..

I don't know when people are going to stop listening to trudeau. He's proven himself untrustworthy, untruthful and totally partisan. Capable of lying at the drop of a hat to deflect from his stance. Really, why would anyone believe/ defend him, or put any stock into what he says. His track record is there for anyone to see should they bother to look.
MK Ultra enters the chat - the Canadian one that repeats the mantra "The LPC is the natural governing party of Canada".

Which is so much hogwash.

... his actual position that obtaining the classified briefing will hold him to Official Secrets Act and essentially muzzle him on the issue ...
There's always been a risk to taking this approach. Now we see the risk of not knowing.

Optimistic view: Poilievre needs to keep as much ammo available to make sure Team Red doesn't get back in - and his overall approach seems to be working pretty well so far (if we believe the polls). It's up to the government of the day to cough up names (as well as rationales for their inclusion on "the list"). Besides, if members of the shadow cabinet have the full brief, then someone in the Team Blue system "knows" officially at some level.

Pessimistic view: He's happy not "knowing" officially, given what the open bit of the NSICOP report (pg. 40) had to say:
Screenshot 2024-10-16 143801.jpg
Let's see how well the current approach works, especially since he'll HAVE to find out if he gets elected PM -- then we'll see what he does with the list if it hasn't already been shared/leaked.

I am so tired of the "he can't, doesn't have a security clearance" mantra.

He is a career politician. So in all that time he never obtained a security clearance? Maybe but I suspect he does have one that just needs to be updated which reminds me that mine is due in 2025.

Why does he need a clearance to see a list of names? Why are the names Top Secret?

No one seems to care that Trudeau is able to say there are conservatives on the list while not confirming if there are members of the other parties on the list. Funny that.

I don't buy any of it. Pierre could get his security clearance but has to swear to keep anything presented to him secret. I agree he shouldn't tie his hands like that and really there is no need for simply a list of names. What's the use if he can't talk about it? When he gets elected then he can complete the update which I guess would be moved to the top of the list and completed in no time.

If Trudeau wanted to he could waive the security and make the list public keeping out any actual sensitive information. Why doesn't he?

Smoke and mirrors.

If PP gets in, then we have a chance at a reset with India, but it should be done with a quiet threat to publish any information of India meddling in the future. Also since the CPC is not so deeply linked to the Khalistan project, you might see at least a loss of official support, to some actual policework, possibly leading to charges if they have broken Canadian laws.

If Trudeau wanted to he could waive the security and make the list public keeping out any actual sensitive information. Why doesn't he?
Nope. The PM does not have that power. Depending on the nature of the information, sometimes disclosing it will disclose methods or sources which is part of the prohibition.

Pedantically, any member of parliament could rise in the house or senate and make declarations which would be protected by parliamentary privilege... but that's extremely unlikely.

The whole PP doesn't have his clearance silliness is just a LPC talking point. His COS, and other members of the shadow cabinet have the clearance, and would know the names...

Trudeau is desperate to try to get votes back, and took a cheap shot today at the committee meetings.

Back