• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sky Hooks and Shore Line

Pranks in April or beyond

• Completed

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Tried with success

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Attempted

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I'm still looking for that bucket of prop wash.....anyone know where I can find it? ;)

Here you go. ;)

sp_propwashlogo.jpg

I've still got Pte's looking for the halogen fluid for his headlamp,  the wood welder with the box of spot welds to hold the mast together ;)

Filling the second criteria of crazy safety precautions...

Some of the guys from my unit told an SQ candidate they needed night vision fluid. They radio'd up to someone in HQ, who said to give him five mins. The candidate returned with a water bottle half full of fluid from a glow stick, wearing the gloves for razor wire, and some type of goggles. They also informed him that he must hold it straight out from his body, because it's very volatile and corrosive, and you don't want it on you.

Apparently the sight of this guy bumping around in the dark, tripping in tank ruts, with the glowing bottles outstretched at 9 and 3 was a great moral boost...for the staff anyway.

I'm all for pranks and jokingly making fun of people so I don't want to sound like the party pooper, but I'm not really a fan of humiliating people outside of the team environment. 

Due to past experience, I would suggest that if you're going to prank a poor new guy, keep it in the platoon or at most the company.

IE, having him ask the CQ for a role of contour line or the platoon commander if he needs his sword polished is one thing, but perhapes it's a bit too much to have him involving people like the RSM.

The RSM has a sense of humour...... honest go ask him >:D

Other oldies but goodies.... BFA for the mortar and a pull through for the M-72. Mind both of those may qualify for the you're over the hill thread t. :-[

"Go to POL and get me a litre of indicator fluid"
"I need a 100 feet of flight line"
"White paint to identify the snowdump"
"N/S giggly pin to the laughter shaft"
"Crome plated muffler bearing"

Hee hee..
BYTD

All requests should come from a Sgt Greenleaf, Go to the Sigs and ask for a box of frequencies.  Tell them Sgt Greenleaf sent you.

radtech227 said:
All requests should come from a Sgt Greenleaf, Go to the Sigs and ask for a box of frequencies.  Tell them Sgt Greenleaf sent you.

Did you want some grease with those Freqs? 

What did you do with the Ground Plane?

One of the best I can recall is a fellow being sent to the MIR in Connaught for 100 Feet of Fallopian Tubing.

I remember seeing a new guy sent to the QM to get a "communications net". He wandered off to QM, and the Q, without missing a beat, pulled out a 638 card to sign and gave him a laundry bag.

When he came back with the item, the MCpl was very apologetic and told the new guy that he meant a "high frequency communications net".

The Q was a bit less pleased the second time, and we found out (via the Sergeant Major) in no uncertain terms....

Thucydides said:
I remember seeing a new guy sent to the QM to get a "communications net". He wandered off to QM, and the Q, without missing a beat, pulled out a 638 card to sign and gave him a laundry bag.

When he came back with the item, the MCpl was very apologetic and told the new guy that he meant a "high frequency communications net".

The Q was a bit less pleased the second time, and we found out (via the Sergeant Major) in no uncertain terms....

The MCpl should have known better.  Instead of HF, he should have sent him off to get a VHF net.    ;D

When I was a young Cook in Cold Lake in the early 80s, I was once sent to all the other messhalls looking for a 'bucket of steam' to clean the pot room!
I was once sent to QM to get a 'salami sock' and 'sausage skin' to put the ground sausage meat into!
I was once sent up the the Missile Range (which was 45 mins away!) to get a 'rice crispy square mold', which by the way is just a freaking large cookie tray of which we had TONS of in my kitchen.
I was once sent to the Officers Mess for a donut hole press!

Yeah I was young and only wanted to please...

check the air pressure on the road wheels
go get a tube for the cayote tire

Back