• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sky Hooks and Shore Line

Pranks in April or beyond

• Completed

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Tried with success

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Attempted

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
George Wallace said:
Have you sent anyone off to Sig Stores for some Harmonics?
Le Adder Noir said:
One of the best I can recall is a fellow being sent to the MIR in Connaught for 100 Feet of Fallopian Tubing.

Too funny!! Fallopian Tubing and Harmonics..... ;D

Amazing we made it this far without any one mentioning: "Go get  a box of radar contacts" :)

Or at night: "There's a running light on the Port side: go get a mop and clean it up".

Nothing like pulling up the floorboards on an M109. Or checking how hot the oven is on a 106 set.

- Key to the Parade Square;

- Back-up lights for the MLVW Trailor;

- Can of camoulflage paint;

But, the best one that I was there for was sending someone over to "get" an actually existing item: The RSMs pace stick.  8)

Thucydides said:
He wandered off to QM, and the Q, without missing a beat, pulled out a 638 card to sign and gave him a laundry bag.

Must put this into my archive ... I've already had one such request at my new place of work, but just laughed at him and said "new guy eh?" Sent him back to his boss with a "they say I need to send in a TSR for that item."

Here's one from the navy angle: I include some definitions for those who might not get the lingo.

Buffer: Nickname for the Chief Boatswain's Mate (the senior Bosn on oboard, quite often a crusty old CPO2)
RAS: Replenishment at Sea
Window: the time during the daily schedule in which we had left open to refuel, as soon as the tanker and ourselves rv'd.

We got our brand new Ordinary Seaman to go ask the Buffer for the wiper blade for the RAS window...

While working quietly in the pay office, and OD who I had never met before sticks his head in the door and demands 3 buckets of prop wash.

I told him to check with the boys in 13 mess (there is no 13 mess on a CPF).

He came back a few minutes later and was really upset with me.

Him:  There is no 13 mess!

Me:  What are you talking about?  It's just back there!

Leaves and comes back again.

Him:  I'm never talking to you again!

Me:  See that you don't.

While on ex in Wainwright one year (long ago) we had some new Pte's in the Pl.  One of them had a degree in Philosophy (or something equally useless) and was constantly bringing it up.  Upon one fateful maintenance day his det dvr sent him to our MRT (1.6 Km away) to get some spark plugs for the M113.  Eager to please he trotted off to the BN maint lines to find our mech.  He returned about a 1/2 hr later and told us that our mech wanted to know if we needed right or left hand thread sparkplugs.  "Left hand, of course!"  and off he went again.  When next he returned he informed us that the Bn was "all out" of left hand thread spark-plugs.  At that point we let him in on it.  As it turned out he was a pretty good sport about it and it became sort of a turning point for him.
The Moral?  Sometimes pranks like this have value beside comic relief.

One of my personal faves is to prat fall while on patrol and tell the guy behind you to "look out for the contour line!".

YES, actually there is new tools out there that do both. Called METRINCH. http://www.metrinch.tv/

Actually it was rhetorical. I once sent our driver to the mechs for a left handed adjustable. When she returned, the brand name for the wrench, 'Standard' was written along the handle. Obviously, she was sent back for a Metric one ;D

We sent a newbie from Cau Viet....a day and half trip by LST/Mike Boat to Dong Ha, then, compliments of Bn Supply, on to Da Nang (another day) for frequency grease, because we couldn't get the PRC's to stay on their preset frequencies...... he was pissed....

oh, and can't forget about sending another newbie out to the helicopter pad to wait for the next chopper....he needed to ask them for a 5 gallon pail of prop wash..... :)

Not military related in my experience, but could work in any shop:

At  a hot rod shop I worked at, we had the young buck looking for hours for a bucket of trailer ball grease. Telling him it was near the pin striping pins didn't help, but when we said it was under the striped paint he clued in.

Same guy spent a while looking for muffler bearings too.

On a recent Winter Indoc training at my unit a few weeks ago we were learning the snowshoes and a few of the Sergeants got some of the denser guys to make sure they didn't have two left or two right snowshoes.

GrilledLincoln said:
On a recent Winter Indoc training at my unit a few weeks ago we were learning the snowshoes and a few of the Sergeants got some of the denser guys to make sure they didn't have two left or two right snowshoes.

Perhaps these Sgts missed one person.  You do know that there are a Left and Right snowshoe, don't you?  Look at the buckles.  You want to keep your buckles on the outside so as not to get caught or become loosened while walking.  So; YES, there are Left and Right snowshoes and they can be identified by looking at the harness and where the buckles are located when wearing them.

Back