• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sky Hooks and Shore Line

Pranks in April or beyond

• Completed

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Tried with success

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Attempted

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
hm coulda fooled me  :p  when telling us how to put them on they didn't specify where the buckles should be.  They weren't serious about the left and right they didn't care what yah grabbed since when we got them sent to us (we don't have our own) they just came thrown in a box so that box just went into a MILCOT and than when we got them for the ex there was no sense going for pairs.  I don't recall having buckles on different sides though, are we talking the old snowshoes?

The new snowshoes.

It doesn't matter if it was the old or the new snowshoes, as to how to wear the snowshoes.  This may also indicate a lack of experience in outdoors living and winter activities on the part of some of the people involved.  Hint. Hint.

I see what you're saying, the only confusing part is the Sergeant who taught me how to rig my snowshoes up, is a Reg Force Sergeant posted into the Reserve Regiment as the OPS Warrant.  Either way i'm misinformed.  Thanks for the info George.

Oh, that guy? I would think he'd be pretty experienced. They must have been wearing them when patrolling on Op Podium. He's definitely been around a long time.

On April 1st, I sharpened some 3/32'' stainless fill rods, and swapped them out for the 3/33'' tungstens in my buddy's TIG setup. That was a good go.

We always got a chuckle out of sending a rookie Dvr/Stmn over to Transport Stores for the special bulb for the rear license plate light for an MLVW.

So many over the years, one was perpetrate on my by a member of this sight *cough George cough*  On the old Indoor miniature range IMR before we had all these new simulator a laser would fire and hit the general area of the range you were firing at. My Crew Commander for the shoot told me i had to sweep up all the use laser dots after the shoot and to make sure I kept tract of all them because like spent casing the were a counted for. Damn I was gullible back then. C sqn RCD was really bad for them as every one would get involved, here are some that I remember

Talc powdering the track pads
Greasing the Track to keep it from squeaking
being sent for tokens for the steam jenny
showing up to the SQs and asking for a "long wait"
a Teflon seat adjuster
Cam net patch kit (which they have now)
105 BFA
Tank train tickets
left hand torque wrench
Tank train guard to include getting off and walking up and down line of flat cars at every stop.

Frequency grease for the radios

Prop wash (5 gal pails)

Tie stretcher for underground ore cars

Amtrac hooks (for when they get wet, you just hang them up to dry)

A roll of zero line in the 25-pounder days.

A box of new holes for the cam nets.

Several fun moments on staff in Aldershot:

After showing a newbie fresh off his TQ1 course how to do a compression test on a 64 pattern jeep, sent him to the tool crib for a can of compression so we could top off the cylinders.

Finding out that it's not a good idea to shut off the fuel valve on the jeep of the RSM's driver, just as he gets a call to pick up the RSM at the BOR. Driver made it from the Maint garage to the corner of the parade square before it stalled.

Sending the TN guys all over camp looking for the jeep that they were driving in.

Pointing out to the smug private know it all that the piston return spring you are asking for is installed in the brake cylinder and performs the function from which it derives it's name.

Requesting the recovery codriver to get a set of snatch block crash pads from the QM.

I was always a big fan of the 'antenna sharpener' and of course the 'brass magnet'

One of the guys on a certain tour got a certain MWO asking the sig for 'boxes of crypto' and would not budge after finally being told no such thing exists... lol

Hah! "Pull-throughs for the 106 whip"...I love it!

Now if only I could find that misplaced box of Routing Indicators...

damn it they do exist

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/01/awol-private-returns-after-seven-years-with-box-of-grid-squares/

now to hunt for the elusive BFA for the 81mm mortar.

NFLD Sapper said:
Or the 84mm Recoilless Rifle Carl Gustav....

Hey Carl and I were partners in the old C2 group commanded by Cpl Herman Nelson.  8)

Back