• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So Who's Got The New Bayonet?

Before I went on Roto 0, with the RCR, I had a small incident with the breast mounted bayonet. Only a small poke, but enough to realise it might have been a problem. Reported it, but "Your just a militia CIMIC wog, right?" I was told, in no uncertain terms, that that was the way the army and the Regiment wanted it, and that's how it would be worn. I guess they mean't if I'd come under fire, to slowly let myself down into the prone position, so as not to be affected by the point of the scabbard peircing the soft under point of my chin. To quote one of their own famous CSM's, Eric Leclair, "You just don't fucki'n get it, do you?"

Matt_Fisher said:
My unit just received the new Marine Corps bayonet manufactured by Ontario Knife.   These things are like a cross between a bayonet and a K-Bar on steroids.   First impression:   Very sharp! Very pointy!  

Nice pic Matt. Give us a critique on one when you can. I have seen these bayonets on Ebay.

Cheers,

Wes

When do we recall these new bayonettes and order a new batch with cadpat cases?

I was fiddleling around with the new bayonette and i really liked it. Seems like a solid tool.

Are they going to actually be issued or do you sign them with your wpn as with the nella??

I wore the C7 bayonet on my tac vest during the small arms display at the Stampede; I was on 11 days straight (easy summer money).  After day one or two I was told, via my sergeant, to take the bayonet off the vest.  I guess the concern was that I might get hit over the head from behind and have the bayonet end up in the wrong hands.

Easy enough, I stopped wearing the vest altogether.

Funny, though, because I bought an identical bayonet (albeit with M16 scabbard) on ebay a couple weeks later.  They're not exactly secret weapons.  ::)

nella is what exactly?

You would turn in your old bayonet and get a new one presumably through your QM.

CFL said:
nella is what exactly?

You would turn in your old bayonet and get a new one presumably through your QM.
You silly bird...you know... the NELLA....
smiley%20face2.gif

NELLA was the marking (manufacturer?) of the C7 POS bayonet.

Nice looking knife (the new one) - I think I'll stick to a Benchmade folder though...

Matt - 20" rifle and a sword bayonet... The USMC does not like to listen to its own AAR's eh?

Da_man said:
Are they going to actually be issued or do you sign them with your wpn as with the nella??

Since when must you sign for your bayonet with your wpn? You keep it in your locker with the rest of your EIS.

Sadly with allot of reserve units they turn in their bayonets and draw them from the weapons lock-up as they need them.

Got mine a couple days ago.  Seems to be a bit tougher than the predecessor.

Cheers;
Andrew

Diemaco had told me these were to serialised on the blade. Is this a fact, or was this a prototype version with the CFR on it?

Along with the bayonet itself (both sides), I'd like to see pics of the scabbard front and back please if you find the time.

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
Diemaco had told me these were to serialised on the blade. Is this a fact, or was this a prototype version with the CFR on it?
Yes, they are serialised on the blade.

If I ever get mine I'll take pics.  Doubtfull though.  The 2nd is 2nd to last when it comes to kit issue.

This will be quick and to the point....im over here in the sandbox for ther next 6 months and day one on the ground we get issued the new bayonet....good weight, looks and feels like a KBAR....2 problems ive noticed 1 the way it attaches to your tacvest it continually pops off when im out the family hatch of my bision and the straps the hold the top and bottem r abit to loose....the knife itself gets a 10 its put up with alot of crap already and the cool factor helps it get the 10 but the straps and the frog itself suck....debating all you want but im telling you 3weeks of use the the frog is giving abunch of guys problems... enjoy the nice weather in Canada...ill enjoy my melting weather here in the sandbox.

I'll post a picture of ours next to the Marines new one next week.

2FERSapper
  Please write a UCR on the two problems you have found with it so far, or PM me with an email so I can bring some attention to your problems.

Back