• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So Who's Got The New Bayonet?

2FERSapper said:
This will be quick and to the point....im over here in the sandbox for ther next 6 months and day one on the ground we get issued the new bayonet....good weight, looks and feels like a KBAR....2 problems ive noticed 1 the way it attaches to your tacvest it continually pops off when im out the family hatch of my bision and the straps the hold the top and bottem r abit to loose....the knife itself gets a 10 its put up with alot of crap already and the cool factor helps it get the 10 but the straps and the frog itself suck....debating all you want but im telling you 3weeks of use the the frog is giving abunch of guys problems... enjoy the nice weather in Canada...ill enjoy my melting weather here in the sandbox.
where you wearing it? Is the problem with the location, or are the snaps faulty?

Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't wear it on my chest. But if it's a problem with the snaps, we gotta get it fixed now.

;D I can see it now: Everyone will have to turn in their TV to have it modified. Higher estimates this will take two weeks to two years. Everyone will be issued webbing in the interm ;D

2FER
Must say that I have not yet had a chance to handle the new bayonet - working out of a Puzzle palace I don't handle the kit as often as I used to.......
Has anyone filed an unsatisfactory condition report?
Odd as this question may seem - lot of people complain without taking the time to report the problem.... endstate being that things don't get fixed & the bigshots don't know.
Are there suggested fixes - both temporary and permanent?
As a sapper - do you have something to contribute to solving the problem?

Have a good tour - keep safe

Chimo!

A large part of not reporting the problem is that we pions have no idea what a UCR is.  I only learned about them when KevinB first talked about them here.  Up until that time I had no idea.

Trust Kevin to put you right.
If you have a gripe about a definite defect.... see about having a UCR filed
worst possible outcome - thanks a lot - we've already heard from 70,000 other (un)satisfied users.

The best solution I have seen for the frog and it's inadequacies in regards to the new bayonet (or the old one) is to use the "weave" part of the frog to connect the bayonet to the front or rear of the canteen pouch or utility pouch, to the straps with the metal fasteners and velcro.

Small zap straps go on the inside if you have sausage fingers.

The downside is that the scabbard now hangs down below the bottom edge of your TV, but at least the frog is secure, and out of the way. A small piece of bungee with a surgeon's locking knot completes the ensemble.

Tie 80lb test on as per normal for jumping/helocasting.

I know it is a little Mickey Mouse, but it works really well!!

I'm tellin ya, put it on sideways...I need a digital camera and somebody who knows how put pictures up on here.
GO!!! stop by my cage tomorrow (if you've dried off by then) and I can at least show you where I put mine. Bring candy.

That's all fine and dandy for the untouchable WO's but what if your CSM and/or RSM is an old school dink?

Tell them the 1st and 3rd Bn's wear them like that and your trying to follow senior and superior unit example  ;D

I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor do I intend to ever be, a WO. And I do it, anyway. 'Cause I am an @sshole.
I don't know if GO!!! has ever been, or intends to be, a WO, but he is not one now, and he does it anyway. Same reason.
Kev...well, you know Kev.

;D

you gonna do my extra's for me then?  didn't think so.  Maybe I'll just throw out your name Kev.  That should get me some attention. ;D

Well PC I see your in the third so I think that's self explanitory.  lol
Isn't there a rule in the 3rd that your side burns must be at a minimum down to the bottom of your ear?

Thank you for clearing that up.
P.S.  I have heard the "nor do I intend to ever be, a WO" line too many times to count.  I'll tip my glass when I hear of your promtion. hehehe

& the bigshots don't know.

OK, I'm probably completely out to lunch here, but WHY would we start issuing a piece of kit forces wide when we don't even know if it works? Isn't there any Testing/Evaluation involved in this? I know with things like helicopters it's a crap shoot, but how much trouble could it be to have one of the said "bigwigs" strap on a bayonet and some webbing and run up and down the hall a few times?

Yes, I realize dumb questions like this == no leadership potential, I'v come to accept it,  so please use small words when explaining sir......... ???

Blame me - all the other Patricia officers (other then ones here) and nearly all SNCO's hate me already  ;D

Britney - unfortunately a lot of "trials" are done by non combat arms troops or some NCO or Officer has already staked his career on it and it has become a sacred cow.  -- Look at the C7A2 feedback

KevinB said:
Britney - unfortunately a lot of "trials" are done by non combat arms troops or some NCO or Officer has already staked his career on it and it has become a sacred cow.   -- Look at the C7A2 feedback
or, even when they do ask us to run trials, they have already decided what they are going to buy, and twist our feedback to suit their agenda.
3 Weeks in Benning running around, dodging woodpecker trees (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about), wearing the most ridiculous gizmos, and none of it mattered in the least.

VP1, VP2 and VP3 will be - VP1, VP2 and VP3.......

WRT the scabbard "hunk of junk"....
does anyone know if an UCR has gone out yet?

paracowboy said:
wearing the most ridiculous gizmos, and none of it mattered in the least.

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

They are not ridiculous  ;D

I mean every Bde commander and above wants to feel they are right there with the troops (but safetly out of danger) so the troop simply need to carry 50lbs of extra kit to make them feel part of the battle  ::)

who is the guy with the ridiculous rucksack thingy on?  looks like a mcfarlane type?

Back