• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Qualification Course (Questions & Answers)

kc-limoges,  AFAIK BMQ-Land is still going to be run,  how ever things are different for the Infantry.  The Infantry will do BMQ then move onto DP1 and do the Delta Package as well as other Supplemental training during the year.  During that training you will cover everything that is taught on BMQ-Land as well as all your Infantry training.  Supplemental training will cover what is taught on the Regular Force DP1 course but is not taught on the Reserve one due to time constraints. If you have DWAN access,  all of this info on the Gagetown site/cabinets in the DP1 Infantry folder.  You can find it by going to the Infantry school site and clicking on a course and anything on the left bar,  it will open up the cabinets site.

Seen. Thanks for the heads up Skeletor, that kind of puts things into perspective for me and makes much more sense. I appreciate it. I don;t have DWAN access at the moment, hopefully I'll be able to take a look at some point though.

Cheers

Is anyone in a position to speak to BMQ-L for RMS clerks after BMQ? I have a friend about to go RegF RMS clerk (army), and starting BMQ pretty soon. I've been unable despite searching to find out anything about where they go for BMQ-L. Any information anyone could give on this would be helpful. Thank you.

From what I've seen clerks will either do BMQ-Land after BMQ if there is time,  others will go directly to their QL3 after a stint in PRETC.  Those who do not do BMQ-Land prior to QL3 will do it afterwards,  or not at all -not sure how common that is,  but there are a few people who are Army that have never done SQ/BMQ-Land.

As for where,  they will go to any of the ATCs that run the course such as Wainwright, Shilo, Meaford, Gagetown, etc. 

-Skeletor- said:
From what I've seen clerks will either do BMQ-Land after BMQ if there is time,  others will go directly to their QL3 after a stint in PRETC.  Those who do not do BMQ-Land prior to QL3 will do it afterwards,  or not at all -not sure how common that is,  but there are a few people who are Army that have never done SQ/BMQ-Land.

As for where,  they will go to any of the ATCs that run the course such as Wainwright, Shilo, Meaford, Gagetown, etc.

She's looking at about 4 months between the end of BMQ and the commencement of RMS QL3. I would hope int hat time they've be able to get her BMQ-L. She hopes to get to a field force unit, so not doing the course would not be advantageous at all.

Thanks for the info- it helps build the picture. Much appreciated.

I'm currently in BMQ-L for PRes slated to be completed June 2nd, it looks like the next course would be DP1 but supposedly it's only 2 weeks long (Armour Recce) and it's in the middle of July. I almost never get 4 months off from work in the summer but I was able to negotiate a break between rotations. Is there any courses I can take befor DP1 and immediately afterwards (is DP2 possible?) I want to speak to the holding troop commander next parade and make sure I make the most of this break.

down on the upside said:
I'm currently in BMQ-L for PRes slated to be completed June 2nd, it looks like the next course would be DP1 but supposedly it's only 2 weeks long (Armour Recce) and it's in the middle of July. I almost never get 4 months off from work in the summer but I was able to negotiate a break between rotations. Is there any courses I can take befor DP1 and immediately afterwards (is DP2 possible?) I want to speak to the holding troop commander next parade and make sure I make the most of this break.

So it took some time, some perseverance (asked around a lot and got to know a lot of NCM in the regiment) and patience but it looks like I will be getting loaded on DP1 and DP2. Unfortunately there are no other courses available to me, but at least I'm getting the most out of summer training

After doing a CT almost 10 years ago and having the Pres BMQ-L on my MPRR as a national qual I got told by the unit that I need to submit a PLAR for BMQ-L because as they put it it's Pres BMQ-L and not BMQ-L. Went to CDA web site and couldn't find anything for BMQ-L equivalencies for PLARs and it's not even on the new PLAR form they have. I thought that when you do a CT they do a PLAR  to transfer your quals and time in. This is the first time my Pres BMQ-L hasn't been recognized. Anyone know if a PLAR is even necessary?

BMQ-L/Soldier Qualification isn't a CDA qualification. It's an Army qualification. Where you need to look is the Land Forces Command Order governing equivalencies. LFCO 24-20.

Do you still have a copy of your offer? I was granted all courses on PLAR automatically. Who is questioning your BMQ-L? Sending a Cpl with operational experience on a SQ because they don't think it holds up to the Big R standard seems out to lunch to me.

I looked at my PERS file today but couldn't find the PLAR results from my CT or the OT I've done since then. The unit here is getting everyone who got a PRes BMQ-L put in a PLAR to get their BMQ-L equivalency or risk being sent on a course in the fall. Seems like AIOZ is not good enough and we all got to have AIOC on our MPRR or we are all going back to doing the course again. I found my course report and the POs are exactly the same with the exception of Operate Tactical Communication Equipment but having been a Sig exempts me from that one I should hope. I did up the memo today and attached my course report and MPRR to it and now just have to wait.

Do all land/army do sq? Or is it only certain trades? For example if you're a rms clerk land, do you do sq after BMQ or do you go straight to trade training?

Flyingboy444 said:
If I do my SQ this summer for the reserves. Do I pay for the meals and living?

No you will not, your travel will be provided as well.

Michael O'leary
I heard there is a BMQ in Newwfoundland between June 30th and Aug 5th, wondering why its longer then the normal BMQ course.?

Lonewolf121 said:
Michael O'leary
I heard there is a BMQ in Newwfoundland between June 30th and Aug 5th, wondering why its longer then the normal BMQ course.?

Is it full-time or part-time (weekend) course? The full-time PRes BMQ is 5 weeks; which matches with the dates you've given.

Lonewolf121 said:
Michael O'leary

Let me see.  Could it be because the Timetable includes two Stat Holidays?

Back