• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Star Trek: Beyond" official trailer for 3rd Abrams movie out

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
No ship, no crew, no guards with red shirts and puny hand phasers to protect Captain Kirk? Seems like some of their uniforms are similar to those used by Archer's crew in the short-lived "Enterprise" series.

Full official trailer

Space.ca

Star Trek Beyond’s First Trailer Boldly Goes Beyond Expectations
December 14, 2015
Jon
Star-Trek-Beyond

As you may have noticed, much of the world is currently under the spell of the first new Star Wars movie in over a decade. As a result of his work on The Force Awakens, J.J. Abrams was unavailable to return for Star Trek 3 and it could be argued that his other commitments in space have left some fans relatively indifferent to his previous franchise. Problematic momentum notwithstanding, Paramount has released the first trailer for Star Trek Beyond—on exactly the same day that The Force Awakens starts screening for critics. Whether this movie gets swept up in the excitement surrounding Abrams’ latest blockbuster or swiftly ignored and/or forgotten, dedicated Trekkies now have some idea where Kirk and co. are heading for their next adventure.

While Abrams isn’t back, the nods to his first Star Trek movie (including biker Kirk and The Beastie Boys’ “Sabotage”) suggest that new director Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 6) is on the same page as his predecessor. But judging from this trailer, not everything in Star Trek Beyond will be familiar. Here are some of new flourishes and other standout details you can expect to see more of next summer.

(...SNIPPED)

S.M.A. said:
No ship, no crew, no guards with red shirts and puny hand phasers to protect Captain Kirk? Seems like some of their uniforms are similar to those used by Archer's crew in the short-lived "Enterprise" series.

Space.ca

Full official trailer
'Short-lived'?  Heh - it lasted longer than ST:TOS, which would make the one that started it all really short-lived, though I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed here http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/enterprise-failed-star-trek.html

I'll form my opinion once I see it but first impressions are that it's a bit too much for my traditional Star Trek tastes.

Back