• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Taliban Jack" T-Shirt Designs?

Hey Tony,

Print it on a tan coloured T (XL), and I'll wear it  here, no worries!!!

Let me know how much, I can send USD cash or Paypal you.

Regards,

Wes

Holy moley, Rocky!

I was just trolling for better designs, but people seem to like.

xmarcx's point IS a good one, though, so I'll fiddle with it a tad, and try another version.

Don't worry, folks - this would be a t-shirt I'd only wear working out, since I'm guessing federal civil servants would be frowned on for wearing such a thing to work, too.

Since it's not copyrighted, anyone who wants to download and transfer, be my guest!

More, as it happens - thx for the feedback!

I was thinking some Taliban Jack underwear, then everytime you sit down..... ::)

Since the Taliban flag has a statement that ALL Muslims see as a pillar of faith, it's not fair painting ALL of them in the mix.

How's this as a bit of a nudge at part of Jack's base?  Too subtle?

milnewstbay said:
Since the Taliban flag has a statement that ALL Muslims see as a pillar of faith, it's not fair painting ALL of them in the mix.

How's this as a bit of a nudge at part of Jack's base?  Too subtle?

A little bit ::)

milnewstbay said:
xmarcx's point IS a good one, though, so I'll fiddle with it a tad, and try another version.

I blame the Taliban for their lack of creativity in picking a logo! I too used it for something comedic that got distributed and ended up finding out the hard, angry and loud way that I had made a theological faux-paus, oops!

I am not one for bumper stickers, but the first design would be a good one.  I would love to throw that on my vehicle, living on NDP island a bumper sticker like that would likely earn me some odd looks, it would be worth it.

As for a T-shirt, sign me up for two!

Well, I've tried the burka-Jack graphic on a t-shirt (photo below).

If you want to download the graphic, ready to print onto iron-on t-shirt transfer sheets, check here:
http://milnews.ca

If you'd like an iron-on sheet, PM me with a snail mail address - I won't charge you, but I might ask you to donate a little something to a good cause in lieu  ;)

Gentlemen

While I fully agree that Mr. Layton is a tad lost on this issue he is an MP and indeed a leader of a party that some 20% of Canadians (depending on the day and poll) support. Call me old fashioned but we do live in a democracy and we do defend it. I think we are better than this sort of behaviour. I am off to put on my helmet and body armour awaiting the incoming.  :D

captainj said:
Gentlemen

While I fully agree that Mr. Layton is a tad lost on this issue he is an MP and indeed a leader of a party that some 20% of Canadians (depending on the day and poll) support. Call me old fashioned but we do live in a democracy and we do defend it. I think we are better than this sort of behaviour. I am off to put on my helmet and body armour awaiting the incoming.  :D

isn't the reason the CF exist in the first place is so everybody can enjoy the freedom of speech?

I think i am going to iron-on the jack-and-crossbones on a black T.  ;D

I don't recall which member did up this stellar photoshop job, but it was from here.  I can take no credit.  However, this might make a great pic to go with the Taliban Jack moniker (or Ojacka Bin Layton)

OjackaBinLayton.jpg

someday_031

As a serving member of the CF I would consider it beyond the pale to wear a shirt of that nature not just because it was Jack it could be anybody. The old saying of we defend Democracy not practice it goes a long way. Indeed I would sort out any troop who had the temerity to display a shirt of that nature. In my day to day duties I run across these fellows all the time. I do my best to remain professional and not get personal. While I do not support Jack he did ask one prudent question what is the exit strategy. As a guy who is working with the wounded perhaps I have a differant view than yourself. I see the results of this biz first hand day to day. I only hope that in 10 years the boy who grows up without his Dad will know it was worth it. I still do not have the answer :cdn:

captainj said:
someday_031

As a serving member of the CF I would consider it beyond the pale to wear a shirt of that nature not just because it was Jack it could be anybody. The old saying of we defend Democracy not practice it goes a long way. Indeed I would sort out any troop who had the temerity to display a shirt of that nature. In my day to day duties I run across these fellows all the time. I do my best to remain professional and not get personal. While I do not support Jack he did ask one prudent question what is the exit strategy. As a guy who is working with the wounded perhaps I have a differant view than yourself. I see the results of this biz first hand day to day. I only hope that in 10 years the boy who grows up without his Dad will know it was worth it. I still do not have the answer :cdn:

Thank you for really pointing that out to me  :-[.  I realize now that it was the "hot-headedness" of the moment.

No sweat,  have a Merry Christmas and a drink to the troops deployed.

*Tangent Alert*

Back in the 80s I had a tee that had a map of the four Western Provinces with " Vote Reform, set the West free" on it.  I was wearing it on a nice sunny Chilliwack spring day, walking through the front gate.  All I hear is "YOU!! Stand right there!"  BCWO comes flying out of the Base HQ and proceeds to tear several long wide strips off me.  Then he asked me where I got it.

If you are off duty and fully tricked out in civvies how could that T-shirt be a problem?  If someone sucks, they should be held up into the light. 
We are not robots and are still entitled to our opinions.  I would no sooner tell a private to take off an NDP support shirt than tell him to take off a Taliban Jack one.  If you are not clearly identifiable as a CF member, then where is the harm? 
And you can rest assured that the only reason Ojacka asked about an "exit strategy" is because he heard it on CNN and thought that it might be a tough question.  He is not looking out for the troops.  He is trying to politicize the mission to try to artificially create relevence for his Protest Party. 
If for no other reason, get a shirt now, because it is a pretty safe bet that he is going to be outbound after the next election (if the party even has an offical status from lack of seats) and it will have historical novelty value. 
Keep it to $20, shipping included and I'm in. 

Kat Stevens said:
*Tangent Alert*

Back in the 80s I had a tee that had a map of the four Western Provinces with " Vote Reform, set the West free" on it.  I was wearing it on a nice sunny Chilliwack spring day, walking through the front gate.  All I hear is "YOU!! Stand right there!"  BCWO comes flying out of the Base HQ and proceeds to tear several long wide strips off me.  Then he asked me where I got it.

I know what you're saying. I was given a "Republic of Western Canada" hat and it caused the same reaction.

Troops

The bottom line is yes it is really funny but for those of us in the profession (off duty or not) of arms well.......................... please it isn't on.

Back