• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Benefits of being in the reserves,

Pte. Albano

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard from a friend that if you have been serving in the reserves for 3 years that they will pay for your university/ college tuition. I just want to know if this is true. And what other benefits are there of being in the reserves. How much do you get paid?

Pte. Albano said:
I heard from a friend that if you have been serving in the reserves for 3 years that they will pay for your university/ college tuition. I just want to know if this is true. And what other benefits are there of being in the reserves. How much do you get paid?

being a reservist is a VERY rewarding experience. with regards to paying for your college/university, they will reimburse you for a certain amount depending on the program, your length of service, your pay class, etc. many variables play a part.... they will not completely pay for your education though. apparently they recently changed the policy regarding this too.... but im not sure what it states. reimbursment is usually a small amount.. from $1,000 to $2,000.... but its best you talk to a recruiter or someone of a better knowledge regarding this as im only going on information ive gathered/heard.

there are many benefits of being in the reserves.....a lot of fun, good friends and references, good experience and knowledge, the opportunity to serve, etc... you have to be in the reserves to experience it of course.

you start off at 71.83 for 6+ hours of work as a private.

why is your name Pte. Albano if you arent in the reserves?

I could not think of a good user name. Right now I am a private in the army cadets, and my section commander will recommend me for master coporal in the next CO's parade. The username is what represents me best in this site.

Pte. Albano said:
I could not think of a good user name. Right now I am a private in the army cadets, and my section commander will recommend me for master coporal in the next CO's parade. The username is what represents me best in this site.

just wondering  :p

i should have worded that question differently.. my bad

I'm going in to pad. up my resume.
and iv herd that its up to $5,000 for school? tho i may be wrong

I was under the impression that a private has the potential to earn over $10,000 in the reserves annually, is the reimbursement  seperate?

In the brochure I picked up at the Career symposium this march it said they would pay for up to $8,000 in the reserve, but this is for the reserve in Manitoba, it may be different in some provinces.

The reimbursement policy is the lesser of 50% or $2000 per year up to a maximum of $8000 last time I checked (which was a year ago).

Back