• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

i believe they were called boot A B & C, no one had any manufacturer information with regards to the boots.

Makes sense, don't want to taint the trial with "OMG They're Oakleys so they must be better than the other ones."

PuckChaser said:
Makes sense, don't want to taint the trial with "OMG They're Oakleys so they must be better than the other ones."

The flip side of that is that if people "believe" they are of better quality they're more likely to accept and use them, branding is a big part of that. Ref this study http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA383539 (admitably troops still didn't like the socks the army issued them even when they were given a brand name, the statements made by the Marines are interesting). End use acceptance of kit is something I don't think the military considers too much, the idea that "well they're issued it so they'll wear it" has it's merits, but I'm sure we all have some kit that's never left a box in the basement, and that's just a waste of time and money on the part of the military.

NFLD Sapper said:
Sure I'll go up to the SQN 2I/C and say one sec sir can I grab a pic of your boots......

;D

What's the worst that can happen?    :blotto:

Dimsum said:
What's the worst that can happen?    :blotto:

Facing the wrath of the SSM.... ;D

But I kid you not there are ppl sporting them at CFSME.....

PuckChaser said:

If only we were so lucky.

Its probably Sorel, Cougar and General Dynamics Boot Division or some craziness.

The brown boots are now being slowly issued into the system. Totally acceptable for wear if you happen to be one of the few who already has been issued or whose size runs out in the black ...

signalsguy said:
If only we were so lucky.

Its probably Sorel, Cougar and General Dynamics Boot Division or some craziness.

I had Oakleys ... they sucked.

ArmyVern said:
The brown boots are now being slowly issued into the system. Totally acceptable for wear if you happen to be one of the few who already has been issued or whose size runs out in the black ...

They are being issued solely on a replacement-only basis for now? Do you know if there's an intent to produce a distribution plan to units once production ramps up, or is the goal to use attrition to get the black boots out of the system first?

PuckChaser said:
They are being issued solely on a replacement-only basis for now? Do you know if there's an intent to produce a distribution plan to units once production ramps up, or is the goal to use attrition to get the black boots out of the system first?

I have no idea; I just know that it is out in O Gps to "lay off the troops in brown boots - they are now being issued." I don't imagine we are scrapping black boots that are currently in the system (I can almost guarantee that actually), but rather that those will continue to be issued until depleted as well. If they run out (or already have run out) of your size, you may find yourself issued brown instead. Depends how popular your size is.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll see who at my unit has brown boots when I redeploy before I wear my coyote brown SWATs around. Haven't worn issued boots in years so unless they're being pushed in the system I won't see the new ones, unless shelf dust counts as wear.  >:D

ArmyVern said:

Are they the brown desert/hot weather boots?  Or is it a different boot?  I asked a supply tech at base clothing about this and he didn't know anything about new boots or even about the switch from black to brown

I have a couple pairs of those boots as well as coyote brown boots I've purchased,  I'd like to start wearing them full time instead of just in the field.... but I also don't want to be the first guy on base doing it.

-Skeletor- said:
Are they the brown desert/hot weather boots?  Or is it a different boot?

I have a couple pairs of those boots as well as coyote brown boots I've purchased,  I'd like to start wearing them full time instead of just in the field.... but I also don't want to be the first guy in base doing it.

Nah, it's not the desert boots. I have some pics in my office ... I'll try to fire some up on here tomorrow before I head out to Petawawa.

Since it came down in orders that I can no longer wear my Swats, I have a renewed Interest as to what these boots are like. Anyone have news or some reviews....

Seen a few guys with them in Kingston, second-hand reviews are positive. They are a dark leather with a tan fabric on them very similar style to issued desert boot.

There are a smattering of new recruits in Gagetown wearing them. No word on what they think, but their opinion would't be well informed anyway.

But they do seem to be trickling into the system.

I'm about to go try to get some tomorrow at Clothing Stores. Not sure if they'll have my size, because I'm not an off the shelf fit for the desert boots and I have a feeling they used the same sizes.  That, and I don't know if they'll like me turning in boots that have less than a year of wear... I haven't worn issued stuff since 2007.

well at least they are coming... Maybe one day a couple size 15's will make it out west.

Back