• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The current navy uniform

Hmmm....

Dress of the day today will be CADPAT with medals!!

Don't think I'll see it in my lifetime!!

Navalsnpr said:
Good to hear that the west coast is procurring additional equipment for the NLBP teams. Definitely something that is required. Hopfully this is something that is occurring on both coasts.

this is a national procurement, sometime during the next fiscal year will you start seeing these things.

Despite the two coasts we do have 1 Navy.

PViddy said:
Can anybody confirm or deny this ? sure would be nice.

regards

PV

Yes it's true.  Most bases have been fitted already and I believe we're one of the last in Shearwater to receive the CADPATs which will be next month. Once you get to a unit following trades training, you should be issued it. I imagine that eventually it'll be issued to Air Force MOCs during BMQ/BOTC just like the postman uniforms are now.

Inch said:
Yes it's true.   Most bases have been fitted already and I believe we're one of the last in Shearwater to receive the CADPATs which will be next month. Once you get to a unit following trades training, you should be issued it. I imagine that eventually it'll be issued to Air Force MOCs during BMQ/BOTC just like the postman uniforms are now.

Rumour has it the expected timeframe for Air Force CADPAT issue out of Borden is June-ish.  Personally I think this is somewhat optimistic though, as I know army-types kitted out of Borden that are still in olive drab.

Garbageman said:
Rumour has it the expected timeframe for Air Force CADPAT issue out of Borden is June-ish.   Personally I think this is somewhat optimistic though, as I know army-types kitted out of Borden that are still in olive drab.

It should go off without a hitch, the Air Force tendered it's own contracts and has it's own procurement schedule. That's why we're getting CADPAT combat coats and rain gear long before the majority of the army will have it.

Interesting news.  Now one can only wonder if it will eventually trickle down to the Airforce CIC, i am not asking for any priority over Regs and PRes of course but an eventual yes would be nice!

cheers

PV

CIC Officers are wearing CADPAT as I saw them at Bisley Camp and Connaught wearing them.

I do find it suprising that prior to going to the UK, I went to Supply to top up on my CADPAT issue as I only had 2 sets and laundry at the Military Base in Pirbright, UK costs 5 £ a bag. I had a hard time to get issued a 3rd set and I'm RegF!!

As i understand it.  Army CIC are currently issued it, as their work dress is combat fatigues.  Us air types get the "posties" so if "posties" are being replaced then one must wonder...and hope! hah.

cheers

PV

When I worked in Shearwater a couple of years ago, one of my Staff was a RegF MCpl LCIS Tech. At the time he still was wearing the OD combats. We were working in a Communications tunnel  beneath the road and his 4 seasons jacket got riped.

He went to supply and they told him that if they took the jacket, they had no 4 seasons jackets to replace it and he was not entitled to be issued with the Gortex jacket.

Meanwhile, the Primary Reservists and some of the CIC Officers who worked on the same base had received their issue of CADPAT.

There really wasn't any logic behind the way they issued the clothing. The first guy in my shop to be issued CADPAT was an Air Force guy as he was being deployed to Yugo, I was the second as I was being deployed to the UK and it took a year and a half for my MCpl to get issued it.

Who knows!!!

Well, let me put it this way, after Feb, there isn't going to be an Air Force member in the Halifax area without CADPAT everything. From what I've heard from buddies on other bases, it's gone quite smoothly with everyone getting the CADPAT kit whether or not they need it (ie. Aircrew).

Navalsnpr, all that nonsense happened prior to the Air Force jumping into the CADPAT uniform game. It will be the working dress for non aircrew Air Force types. The Air Force's Clothing and Equipment Millennium Standard (CEMS) program seems to be going a little smoother than the Army's Clothe the Soldier program.

Inch said:
Navalsnpr, all that nonsense happened prior to the Air Force jumping into the CADPAT uniform game. It will be the working dress for non aircrew Air Force types. The Air Force's Clothing and Equipment Millennium Standard (CEMS) program seems to be going a little smoother than the Army's Clothe the Soldier program.

Good to hear that it is going well on the Air Force side. I remember when we changed from the old NCD's to the current NCD's, the ship I was on was completed in 2 days. I was really amazed that it had happened so quickly. One thing they did to assist with the conversion was that every member of the ship's company had to submit their current sizing and then they did a bulk order for the unit.

Navalsnpr said:
Good to hear that it is going well on the Air Force side. I remember when we changed from the old NCD's to the current NCD's, the ship I was on was completed in 2 days. I was really amazed that it had happened so quickly. One thing they did to assist with the conversion was that every member of the ship's company had to submit their current sizing and then they did a bulk order for the unit.

The same thing happened here. They sized every Air Force pers belonging to 12 Wing or CFB Halifax during a 2 week period in Nov and then ordered them all at the same time with delivery in Feb.

Same thing here in winterpeg..........line-up and size !! delivery in Feb......

And the only difference to this Airforce CADPAT is the Navy blue rank and ID tapes ?   Any pics around ? i suppose this all part of the ICS (formally IECS).   This is now the Airforce clothing form! haha my bad sorry Navy gents.

cheers

PV

The air element doesn't have buttons .. but I think the land element CADPAT is going that way as well.

update: I was wrong, see aesop081's post below.

greener said:
The air element doesn't have buttons .. but I think the land element CADPAT is going that way as well.

Check you facts...they have buttons all the same , the are just covered up by a piece of material to prevent snags......and yes, the army is going that way too.....started a while ago.

For Air Force members, the Rank and ID Tape are Blue as you mentioned. Additionally a Blue T-Shirt is worn underneath replacing the old OD T-Shirt.

The only photo I've seen with some clairity is located on the Combat Camera Website.

Air Force CADPAT

You have to download the hi-res copy to see the color and this member obvioulsy has not been issued with the new t-shirts as of yet.

Are sailors supposed to have 1 or 2 reefer jackets?  If we're supposed to have 1, do airpersons not get a heavyweight & a lightweight tunic (i.e. 2 tunics)?

PS.  Re: my last post: I'm obviously insane.

Back