• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The "G Wagon" (Iltis replacment for Recce & the Reg Force)

Seen the Dutch used them in theater. They seem a bit better than the Iltis...we‘ll soon see.

Regards

It would be nice if we got a vehicle on a 1 to 1 exchange for change! Actually if they want to increase the numbers in the forces, they will have to do a 1.5 for 1 exchange.

I hate to say this, but perhaps they should stockpile the Iltis and use them for reserve training, better an old vehicle then no vehicle.

What will be done with the Iltis stocks we have now? I certainly hope they wont be scrapped...

The posted article says that the G wagon has not been named yet and will continue to be known as the G wagon until it is.

With the aggressive names that our vehicles have been getting lately they will probably name it something really scary...Like "The Kitten" perhaps... :skull:

I hope it doesn‘t have a retaining strap. The nickname will be unbearable.

Originally posted by Sh0rtbUs:
[qb] What will be done with the Iltis stocks we have now? I certainly hope they wont be scrapped... [/qb]
Given to the Militia?

as far as I know, the Iltis have to be taken in/returned to take off the radios etc in order to put them on the g-wagons..

armoured/recce will be getting both so I‘ve been told...
don‘t know about everyone else

Originally posted by Symchyshyn:
[qb] as far as I know, the Iltis have to be taken in/returned to take off the radios etc in order to put them on the g-wagons.. [/qb]
The iltis‘ radios are the same as the man pack ones. You can go from man portable to vehicle setup in a matter of minutes and vice versa. Who ever told you this has obviously never used them.

Originally posted by gate_guard:
The iltis‘ radios are the same as the man pack ones. You can go from man portable to vehicle setup in a matter of minutes and vice versa. Who ever told you this has obviously never used them.
The Radios are easy enough to remove, however, it is the $60,000 TCCS radio harness that will have to be removed and recycled.

GW

Originally posted by Spr.Earl:
[qb]
Originally posted by Sh0rtbUs:
[qb] What will be done with the Iltis stocks we have now? I certainly hope they wont be scrapped... [/qb]
Given to the Militia? [/qb]
No, we are getting the new vehs also. They may be surplused off; there are already some Canadian Iltises in private hands. We had one (privately owned) at the local gun show last year in mint condition; it had kit I‘d never even seen in the Militia.

Can‘t understand why anyone would want them, but some guys seem keen on it.

Originally posted by George Wallace:
[qb] The Radios are easy enough to remove, however, it is the $60,000 TCCS radio harness that will have to be removed and recycled.
GW [/qb]
I figured it‘d be the harness being removed. 60 large for a piece of metal I could make in a shop in a few hours, nice.

Originally posted by gate_guard:
[qb] I figured it‘d be the harness being removed. 60 large for a piece of metal I could make in a shop in a few hours, nice. [/qb]
Do you make fibre optic cable and switches in your shop too? :soldier:

GW

TARGET...TARGET STOP!

Good shooting George :D

Regards

Back