• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

This was a "win" for the Liberals. Minister Blair provoked an emotional response from Ms. Stubbs, who is now the easily angered face of the gun lobby. Blair got his message out in the public domain. Now the Conservatives are on the defensive and will have to rebut/refute Blair's claims which will keep his message alive. When the Conservatives do respond they stand to alienate the vocal far right gun crowd like the all-or-nothing NFA. Enter Mad Max with his 2A style proposals and the right vote is split again.

I disagree with this, Haggis. Splitting the vote is not even possible for this next round of elections. The battleground for the next government is almost all Ontario and East. In the West, there will not be enough Maverick candidates to cause any National problem. The NDP is now full blown Liberal closet votes. Max's party will not have enough traction because the Mainstream Media has it in for them.

Not likely. Victims of the Danforth shooting are suing S&W. The last thing the Liberals want to see on the front page is "Trudeau Government Buys New Military Pistol Made by Danforth Gun Manufacturer"
Funny how a gun manufacturer is liable for a murderous, criminal scum bag.

So if some one wants to use a vehicle to commit mass murder will Car manufacturers be liable?

Better yet Gun Manufacturers should just sue the government in their failure to correctly.
1. Stop smuggling at the border
2. granting an RPAL
3. Granting an STATT or LTATT
4. RCMP failing to do a proper background check on the shooter.

Funny how a gun manufacturer is liable for a murderous, criminal scum bag.

So if some one wants to use a vehicle to commit mass murder will Car manufacturers be liable?

Better yet Gun Manufacturers should just sue the government in their failure to correctly.
1. Stop smuggling at the border
2. granting an RPAL
3. Granting an STATT or LTATT
4. RCMP failing to do a proper background check on the shooter.
Why would they have done a background check on him? He didn’t have a gun license, and the handgun he used was stolen here in Canada. His brother got busted with an apartment full of illegal firearms.

EDIT TO ADD: Mods, could the sidetrack be moved over to the gun debate thread so we keep this on pistols for CAF?

Why would they have done a background check on him? He didn’t have a gun license, and the handgun he used was stolen here in Canada. His brother got busted with an apartment full of illegal firearms.

EDIT TO ADD: Mods, could the sidetrack be moved over to the gun debate thread so we keep this on pistols for CAF?
I was being facetious/sarcastic.

I'm curious why there's a requirement for
.40cal swapping.
Very odd requirement as police forces are generally moving away from it to 9mm where they are allowed to. However .40cal ball will have more stopping power than 9mm ball, if that's all you are allowed to carry.

Very odd requirement as police forces are generally moving away from it to 9mm where they are allowed to. However .40cal ball will have more stopping power than 9mm ball, if that's all you are allowed to carry.
Lots of PD still carry the Glock 22. Problem with the 40 cal is that people with smaller hands complain about holding a 2X4,
I believe Edmonton and Calgary PD uses the 40.

I shoot 40 cal myself and don't have giant mitts so I can see why they would want it.

There are some guns that easily swap between 9mm and 40.

Yea my Sig 229 can shoot .40cal, 357Sig and 9mm, also .22cal if I buy the subcal kit for it
Yes, but can it shoot 5.7x28 FN?😉

Another fly in the ointment, just as we're looking for a new sidearm.

MARCH 1, 2021

NATO Standardizes the FN 5.7x28mm Cartridge for Small Arms​

JOINING THE 5.56X45 AND 7.62X51, THE FN 5.7X28MM GAINS ACCEPTANCE BY NATO FOR STANDARD SMALL CALIBER AMMUNITION FOR ALLIED FORCES.
By

TACTICAL LIFE​

I can't afford to shoot 5.7x28!! Would love a P90, but with ammo expense and a pinned to 5 round mag what is the point.

I disagree with this, Haggis. Splitting the vote is not even possible for this next round of elections. The battleground for the next government is almost all Ontario and East. In the West, there will not be enough Maverick candidates to cause any National problem. The NDP is now full blown Liberal closet votes. Max's party will not have enough traction because the Mainstream Media has it in for them.

I don't know about impossible, although I agree doubtful. It's true that the PPC will get little to no traction ... MSM indeed despises them, plus Scheer did a pretty good job of slandering them with the "racist" smear campaign during the 2019 election and this seems to have stuck. The fact that Max couldn't even hold his seat rendered the PPC DOA as any sort of serious threat.

However, that said, I think that there could be vote splitting in some very closely contested ridings where the margin between CPC and LPC is very tight. Disaffected traditionally CPC voters in places like Kitchener-Conestoga were the different in 2019 and could be the difference again. I live in that riding and I know that a large number of my "circle" of friends and people of similar political persuasion are not happy with what they perceive as a war on social conservatives and the nonexistent response to C-21 to name two examples that have people I know "fired up". I know this is anecdotal, but in a riding that was decided by fewer than 300 votes last time around, a further group of even 100 or so fed-up CPC supporters who decide to vote PPC as a protest vote could be the difference again.

Agreed that the West is largely settled and PPC won't gain traction out there. The LPC has successfully outmanoeuvred the NDP and are now to the left of that party. Really not sure what the point of the NDP is anymore and I suspect that they will bleed even more votes to the LPC next election and that will make much more of a difference than the small trickle of votes to the PPC.

P.S. - I recognize that the PPC isn't exactly social conservatives, they appear to be more libertarians, but my impression is that SoCons would rather be equally tolerated in a liberty-for-all "libertarian" environment than being considered "the enemy within" in the CPC. It seems that many CPC people who are not SoCons may be just as happy to see SoCons go but that will spell doom for the CPC ... in my view tolerance is the smarter approach.

Minister Blair has begun a series of town halls with municipal leaders to bring them onside towards banning legal handgun ownership and possession in their jurisdictions. The first, in Kitchener-Waterloo, didn't get as enthusiastic a reception as he'd hoped.

Minister Blair has begun a series of town halls with municipal leaders to bring them onside towards banning legal handgun ownership and possession in their jurisdictions. The first, in Kitchener-Waterloo, didn't get as enthusiastic a reception as he'd hoped.
Are these open to the public or are they in camera only?

Back