• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

From the article;
"While a product that looks like a gun or toy guns could seem harmless, police say they pose a challenge because fakes look like real firearms and in a fast moving situation police need to treat them as real which could lead to tragic circumstances. "
Then don't bring a screwdriver to a gunfight, duh.
Actually, I DO hope they bring a screwdriver to a gunfight.

Go try to rob a store or do something where the police respond to an incident & make contact with the suspect. Wave the gun around, do something stupid that communicates a threat to the police or a nearby citizen.

One less idiot. No real potential harm to anybody other than himself.

And a vast majority of the population would fully understand and support the officer’s actions as being reasonable.

From the article;
"While a product that looks like a gun or toy guns could seem harmless, police say they pose a challenge because fakes look like real firearms and in a fast moving situation police need to treat them as real which could lead to tragic circumstances. "
That is very true. Bad folks have been modifying their real guns to look like toys for some time. They hope to gain a second or two advantage over their opponents (LEOs or other bad folks) by causing a hesitation in their OODA loop.
1660933157224.png

I don't know anything about Brampton, but reminds me of something someone said years ago.

"I would rather be a lamp post in Mississauga, than mayor of Brampton."
Over the years, I’ve had more than my share of dealing with large groups of Indian males in their early 20’s to mid 30’s

A lot of bars & nightclubs won’t let in large groups of them anymore, just due to the dynamic it brings into the venue

A small group of like 2-4 friends, no problem. But when 20-30 show up as a group, and you end up with 2 or more of those groups… almost guaranteed to have some problems as the night goes on.

The crappy part is it’s usually 1 or 2 that are the trouble makers, while the rest are totally fine. But when the trouble makers are asked to leave? Then the whole group comes to their aid. <Que eventual fisticuffs…>

That is UNTIL I DISCOVERED the secret weapon that has an instantly neutralizing effect on aggressive Indian males…their Mothers.

Or any Indian mother it would seem, strikes the fear of God into them. From brazen & aggressive to apologetic & leaving in about 20 seconds flat 😳

Wasn't meant as a crack about anyplace in particular.

Just something I remember from a long time ago. "I'd rather be a lamp post in ( insert town ), than mayor of ( insert town ). :)

Actually, I DO hope they bring a screwdriver to a gunfight.

Go try to rob a store or do something where the police respond to an incident & make contact with the suspect. Wave the gun around, do something stupid that communicates a threat to the police or a nearby citizen.

One less idiot. No real potential harm to anybody other than himself.

And a vast majority of the population would fully understand and support the officer’s actions as being reasonable.
Kinda where I was going. If you're idiot enough to bring a screwdriver that looks like a Who Framed Roger Rabbit prop gun into conflict with 5-O, well that's just idiot control, eventually they'll thin themselves out from the herd.

Kinda where I was going. If you're idiot enough to bring a screwdriver that looks like a Who Framed Roger Rabbit prop gun into conflict with 5-O, well that's just idiot control, eventually they'll thin themselves out from the herd.
I keep waiting for all these stupid people to accidentally off themselves to society’s pleasant surprise, but they are still around… 😕

A friend who works in the Canadian firearms industry told me last week that the Ontario CFO is currently processing individual transfer requests received on June 1st, 2022. Public Safety Canada has told the CSAAA that any transfer received but not process when the "freeze" drops will still go through.

Given the government's somewhat underhanded and unforecasted legal handgun import ban, what I expect to see is a reversal from Public Safety Canada. I predict that when the freeze come into force is that any transfer not yet finalized will be voided, thus placing ownership into limbo. Those handguns will then be forfeited to the government as they no longer have a registered owner. They can the claim that the "freeze has already taken XXXX unregistered handguns off our streets".

No, I don't trust them to act with integrity on this file.

... I predict that when the freeze come into force is that any transfer not yet finalized will be voided, thus placing ownership into limbo. Those handguns will then be forfeited to the government as they no longer have a registered owner. They can the claim that the "freeze has already taken XXXX unregistered handguns off our streets" ...
How at least part of the narrative gets made, right there.

That is one of the most sinisterly creative initiatives I’ve heard in quite some time - and I believe every darn word of it.

The only people currently on the streets with handguns are police officers & criminals. Law abiding citizens don’t bring their firearms to the streets for the government to take off the streets, criminals do.

Someone did remember to tell the criminals that there is now a handgun ban, right? Riiiggghhhtttt…?

A friend who works in the Canadian firearms industry told me last week that the Ontario CFO is currently processing individual transfer requests received on June 1st, 2022. Public Safety Canada has told the CSAAA that any transfer received but not process when the "freeze" drops will still go through.

Given the government's somewhat underhanded and unforecasted legal handgun import ban, what I expect to see is a reversal from Public Safety Canada. I predict that when the freeze come into force is that any transfer not yet finalized will be voided, thus placing ownership into limbo. Those handguns will then be forfeited to the government as they no longer have a registered owner. They can the claim that the "freeze has already taken XXXX unregistered handguns off our streets".

No, I don't trust them to act with integrity on this file.
They did the same during 12.6 prohibition.
I bought a Glock23 that was transferred to me as I had a 12.6 handguns prior.
However it had come into the country after 12.6 was announced and the registration certificate was recinded - and I was given the option to turn the pistol in to the government or sell it to a business that could either use it as a prop gun, or deactivate it.

I'm sure the soccer moms, and latte dads of Markham feel much safer now.
A quick surf through the subject Twitter page shows that almost every handgun shown (and I only scrolled back to the end of May 2022) was already prohibited by regulation. The Twitter page doesn't identify if those not prohibited were illegally possessed.

#wearenottheproblem

They did the same during 12.6 prohibition.
I bought a Glock23 that was transferred to me as I had a 12.6 handguns prior.
However it had come into the country after 12.6 was announced and the registration certificate was rescinded - and I was given the option to turn the pistol in to the government or sell it to a business that could either use it as a prop gun, or deactivate it.
Old tricks are the best trick, eh?

Back