• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Land Operations Temperate Boots (LOTB)

Quirky

Sr. Member
Reaction score
651
Points
940
Eye In The Sky said:
So the "don't like these on pedals" comments are valid then.

I know of more than 1 person who has used this alternative solution either with, or without, a nice piece of paper from the Flt Srgn.

While that works, it should never come to that point.  Personally I refuse to buy my own boots anymore.

I bought my own safety magnums and it was the best $200 I've spent. The tan safeties we got issued for impact were complete and utter garbage. I've never had knee pain before in my life until I wore those pieces of crap for 6 months. Less than a month after I got home my knee pain went away, gee I wonder why.  ::) I have a feeling these new brown boots may be the same issue, I'll give them a month and see how they feel. If its the same standard crap I'll just go out and buy my own.
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Dimsum said:
And here I was, thinking (hoping) you meant this:

I think I was actually issued these in the Golan... they look oddly familiar though... comes with a UN blue ascot?
 

dimsum

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
3,931
Points
1,260
BinRat55 said:
I think I was actually issued these in the Golan... they look oddly familiar though... comes with a UN blue ascot?

And monocle, like the one that Col is sporting?  :nod:
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,790
Points
1,060
Quirky said:
I bought my own safety magnums and it was the best $200 I've spent. The tan safeties we got issued for impact were complete and utter garbage. I've never had knee pain before in my life until I wore those pieces of crap for 6 months. Less than a month after I got home my knee pain went away, gee I wonder why.  ::) I have a feeling these new brown boots may be the same issue, I'll give them a month and see how they feel. If its the same standard crap I'll just go out and buy my own.

Yup, garbage boots.  But until people start following up with UCRs and if they are hurting you, trips to the MIR even, they will stay in the system.  Our Det submitted a UCR and I know it went to the Div and others.  Gotta take the time to do the paperwork.
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Eye In The Sky said:
Yup, garbage boots.  But until people start following up with UCRs and if they are hurting you, trips to the MIR even, they will stay in the system.  Our Det submitted a UCR and I know it went to the Div and others.  Gotta take the time to do the paperwork.

Yes. A very good point. Too many of us tend to sit comfortably at our desks, on duty in the out route, or at the mess complaining to each other and not in the right direction.

UCRs tell us what the soldiers / airmen and women / navy people NEED... the next big step is for them in the tower to LISTEN!!
 

Good2Golf

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
7,930
Points
1,360
Technically, a UCR tells people what is wrong with what was provided.  There may be suggestions of what may make the unsatisfactory condition less unsatisfactory, or perhaps what could completely resolve the situation, but the LCMM must take that UCR (hopefully multiple UCRs that give greater insight to the overall deficiency) and confer with requirement staff as to what went wrong in the design and implementation of the project to supply the particular item.  All to often, poor specification of the operational requirement in the early phases of a project leads to unsatisfactory conditions later downstream. Sadly, many projects are quick to conclude that they know what's required without conducting a full analysis, 'situating the estimate' as it were.  The result is then issues arising that could have been foreseen and avoided with more care, but that weren't.  The project equivalent to "time spent on recce is seldom wasted" is taking an appropriate amount of time to validate all aspects of the operational requirement and not to pre-judge solutions.

Of course, then factors other than the operational requirement come into play...regionalism and factors external to DND...

:2c:

G2G
 

Sigs Pig

Member
Reaction score
1
Points
230
PuckChaser said:
I'm pretty sure they're called sailors.  ;D
OK smarty pantz... Please define the other term he coined:
/ airmen and women / - Is it airpersons?

Stay cool
ME
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I coulda said "plugs", but then he woulda called me a pongo, and it would have gotten messy...

We are all one big happy family... with the Army sitting at the head of the table!
 

Arty39

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
@binrat55 Are these boots slowly coming into the system in the next few weeks? My buddy said he saw a few higher ups in Gagetown wearing them.
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Arty39 said:
@binrat55 Are these boots slowly coming into the system in the next few weeks? My buddy said he saw a few higher ups in Gagetown wearing them.

What you buddy probably saw was T&E (LFTEU). They're great and all, but man do they ever make our job difficult at times!! Not intentionally of course...

You shoulda been around for the AF WW GoreTex Jacket trials! RSMs went ballistic!!
 

Bzzliteyr

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
BinRat55 said:
What you buddy probably saw was T&E (LFTEU). They're great and all, but man do they ever make our job difficult at times!! Not intentionally of course...

You shoulda been around for the AF WW GoreTex Jacket trials! RSMs went ballistic!!

Or when they paraded around WTP in the field with CADPAT boots...
 

Arty39

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
BinRat55 said:
What you buddy probably saw was T&E (LFTEU). They're great and all, but man do they ever make our job difficult at times!! Not intentionally of course...

You shoulda been around for the AF WW GoreTex Jacket trials! RSMs went ballistic!!
I heard it basically turned into everybody going to base supply and asking for one.
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Arty39 said:
I heard it basically turned into everybody going to base supply and asking for one.

It did! I never saw such pandemonium - except for that Manchester U soccer game!! We had several RSMs lined up to see the Sgt (IC Clothing) to find out why their soldiers weren't getting this jacket, B Sup O getting calls for 1st line COs asking for "favors"... on one hand, I cannot blame them whatsoever. They were trying to take care of their troops.

Problem was that the only pers entitled to the WW jacket then was the Air Force. Air Force money bought the first CADPAT rain jacket. Trying to explain to an infanteer crawling around in the muddy training are that the Air Force guy down at 403 was good to go for this, but he had to keep that old green garbage bag of a rain jacket was almost insulting!
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Eye In The Sky said:
And then came the AF Fleece jacket.  ;D

Hah! Don't even get me startrd with THAT little gem.

All things said and done though, we have some of the most sophisticated and amazing kit in the world. I can only imagine what my great uncle felt like in Normandy.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,790
Points
1,060
The Air Force Fleece jacket is a pretty awesome piece of kit.  MOSTLY because we are authorized to wear it as an actual jacket.  It causes twitches and popping veins in some C Army types.  ;D
 

slayer/raptor

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
5 GBMC is supposed to start getting issued these next week over the month of October, apparently they have enough for the whole bde. At least they are starting with the right priorities: Those deploying on OPS, Exercise Trident Juncture, 3x inf Bns, eng, Arty etc...
 
Top